Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Financial aid for 500k income

This gentleman has a point, why should he and a few others be forced to subsidize 70+ % of the students.. If Bernie wins, it will be free for most and the guy making 500K a year will retire early because Bernie will need to demand 1/2 of his paycheck.. Then the school will be public.

Anon
Assuming kid is a stud, any chance to play prep hockey without paying the full price? 50-70k a year is still a lot of money for that income, after tax, mortgages, cars, and all other necessities.
other necessities!?! what an idiot.
no sense of reality. write the check or stfu.

He forgot to mention his wife's a supermodel, too.

I would still want money. Shows the school wants you as an athlete and not to increase enrollment. If the kid earned it, he earned it.

You like how it is going, donate back to hockey program.

According to http://hotchkissmedia.org/financialaid/estimator.php

You pay $30k on average if you have two kids attending private.

Not looking for sympathy but I am in same boat. In the ISL it meant I got nothing and I have 4 kids either in prep or college.

anon
Not looking for sympathy but I am in same boat. In the ISL it meant I got nothing and I have 4 kids either in prep or college.
But you are, its no different than buying a million home in a million dollar community and complaining the payments are high. You do not have to send your children to prep. You do not have to send your children to a tier 1 college. You choose too and no doubt knew going in you would have to pay most if not all the of the bill. But at least you had a choice.

I did choose to spend the money on their education. I made some sacrifices in order to do that but as you said it was a path I chose. No regrets. I was trying to let the OP know that the chances of getting money are slim. Again, not complaining but I found myself in the middle. I made to much to get aid yet I am not at the level where tuition bills like that don't require sacrifice. There are many at my kids schools where tuition is not an issue regardless of the price and others getting a free ride. I was neither. Kids all doing well and in the end thats all that matters.

anon
I did choose to spend the money on their education. I made some sacrifices in order to do that but as you said it was a path I chose. No regrets. I was trying to let the OP know that the chances of getting money are slim. Again, not complaining but I found myself in the middle. I made to much to get aid yet I am not at the level where tuition bills like that don't require sacrifice. There are many at my kids schools where tuition is not an issue regardless of the price and others getting a free ride. I was neither. Kids all doing well and in the end thats all that matters.
Why do you feel compelled to tell us your life story? Nobody ******* cares.

Anon
anon
I did choose to spend the money on their education. I made some sacrifices in order to do that but as you said it was a path I chose. No regrets. I was trying to let the OP know that the chances of getting money are slim. Again, not complaining but I found myself in the middle. I made to much to get aid yet I am not at the level where tuition bills like that don\'t require sacrifice. There are many at my kids schools where tuition is not an issue regardless of the price and others getting a free ride. I was neither. Kids all doing well and in the end thats all that matters.
you hiring? I want in on your 1/2 million a year.

Everett DPW guy
Anon
anon
I did choose to spend the money on their education. I made some sacrifices in order to do that but as you said it was a path I chose. No regrets. I was trying to let the OP know that the chances of getting money are slim. Again, not complaining but I found myself in the middle. I made to much to get aid yet I am not at the level where tuition bills like that don\\\'t require sacrifice. There are many at my kids schools where tuition is not an issue regardless of the price and others getting a free ride. I was neither. Kids all doing well and in the end thats all that matters.
Yeah I'm sure his company just gives away $500k to everyone they hire. People act like successful people don't earn their salary through talent, hard work, and sacrifice. And for some reason you think they should just submit and give it all away because they make more than you?

Anon
Everett DPW guy
Anon
anon
I did choose to spend the money on their education. I made some sacrifices in order to do that but as you said it was a path I chose. No regrets. I was trying to let the OP know that the chances of getting money are slim. Again, not complaining but I found myself in the middle. I made to much to get aid yet I am not at the level where tuition bills like that don\\\\\\\'t require sacrifice. There are many at my kids schools where tuition is not an issue regardless of the price and others getting a free ride. I was neither. Kids all doing well and in the end thats all that matters.
Yeah I'm sure his company just gives away $500k to everyone they hire. People act like successful people don't earn their salary through talent, hard work, and sacrifice. And for some reason you think they should just submit and give it all away because they make more than you?
I don't think he was serious.

Apparently a lot of successful people are devoid of any sense of humor.

Douchebag if you make 500k a year suck it up and make the payment fkn crying poverty when you make 500k a year. gtfo you ****

his guy is right 500k doesn't go a far as you people think. Sounds like a lot but really isn't.

Some guys are so freaking jealous. Sorry you didn’t pick the right career path and you got cut.- not the OP or other guy.

Sheesh. Can’t people just answer the d*** question without acting like a smarta$$?

$500k is basically your average income in some of the closer suburbs. Are prep scholarships purely need based or do they hand them out to athletes regardless of income?

No handouts and no one making $500K is getting aid at an ISL school.

Anon
Sheesh. Can’t people just answer the d*** question without acting like a smarta$$?

$500k is basically your average income in some of the closer suburbs. Are prep scholarships purely need based or do they hand them out to athletes regardless of income?
ISL and independent all needs based. Anyone who says they got money because of hockey or any other sport are full of it and just don't want to admit they can't afford it. There may be the rare instance where a school might give in a little if they really want a kid but only like 10k off if that and extremely rare.

Anon

Financial assistance is need based but they do use a different set of qualifying criteria than colleges so it's theoretically possible but certainly not probable you could get some assistance.