Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 03 List / jeff, fo hour homework

Jeff has managed to convince people he knows what he's talking about. He's an idiot. Don't bother getting worked up over this stuff because he has no real value. College coaches aren't reading Jeff Cox to know who to recruit. So relax, he's meaningless.

Anon
Jeff has managed to convince people he knows what he's talking about. He's an idiot. Don't bother getting worked up over this stuff because he has no real value. College coaches aren't reading Jeff Cox to know who to recruit. So relax, he's meaningless.
JC receives kick backs from wealthy parents because he over promotes their kid and in turn, the kids who deserve to make it dont. Corruption just like the way Democrats corrupt the US

Anon
Anon
Jeff has managed to convince people he knows what he\'s talking about. He\'s an idiot. Don\'t bother getting worked up over this stuff because he has no real value. College coaches aren\'t reading Jeff Cox to know who to recruit. So relax, he\'s meaningless.
JC receives kick backs from wealthy parents because he over promotes their kid and in turn, the kids who deserve to make it dont. Corruption just like the way Democrats corrupt the US
Just play for the RR, he will write you up

Cocksy if you’re just going to pull up lists and put them in order, why not use some websites like ushr etc. to verify the boys actually touch the ice?? There are kids with less than 5 HS points and goalies with very few minutes and/or bad stats. Stay with me. This means they do not play! Backup! And prep school hockey isn’t what it used to be, so that don’t make em top ranked. As OP said... do your homework man. It’s embarrassing!

I'm suprised he is even allowed to publish these lists - Nostradamus cant rank 90 - 03's, not to mention every other age group he has ranked.

We scout New England from August to March and I can’t believe how off his list of 03’ s is. The list he produced was cute 3 years ago but many of those kids have been taken over by a new batch of players. Honestly his list has at least 35 kids that don’t belong anymore. I know of at least 6 kids not in the list who will have D1 offers in the next 2 months and 2 of them are from the “terrible” Full Season USPHL that he won’t watch (Bruin D/ Pics F). I would love to compare notes on goaltenders also.
Think of it this way, if he has had the same kids on the same list since they were 12 and they still don’t have any college interest, even with the pro bloodlines and daddy coaches then he is a terrible recruiter. How many of these kids are River Rats?
It’s too bad he gets free reign to corrupt such a good hockey hotspot and everyone just shakes their heads.

And guess what... he got at least $10 per month from each of you for reading it...

anon
And guess what... he got at least $10 per month from each of you for reading it...
nah, someone sent it to us...hes just as bad as NZ

Yo, hes putting lacrosse players on the list

Coxie's subscriptions go up by at least 25 every time he posts these lists. That would be why he does it.
His top 25 is pretty close by the way.
With regard to showing Rats bias, the top 25 has 9 eagles, 5 rats, 3 mid fairfields, and 1 whale

The list definitely has some kids that don't belong and some that should be ranked higher but better than his usual effort. As for Rats bias, keep in mind the rats were state champs and will probably end up with 10 plus D1 kids from that team. I'd note an Eagles bias if anything in all his work.

anon
The list definitely has some kids that don't belong and some that should be ranked higher but better than his usual effort. As for Rats bias, keep in mind the rats were state champs and will probably end up with 10 plus D1 kids from that team. I'd note an Eagles bias if anything in all his work.
He's a tool.

Donkey of all donkeys

Need to do your homework and go out and watch games. 25-90 is meaningless and there are 400 kids that could fit in those spots.
My issues are:
1 Continuing to promote kids that made national camp 2 or 3 years ago or the sacred Rats and have not continued to progress (look at stats). If he went to games this year, he would see that a few of these kids have plateaued. Best years behind them.
2 Listing kids who really were jv players in prep that were strong at u14 due to puberty. ( Lots of 6'2,6'3,6'4 boys ) not listed who were 5'7 when Coxie drew up his opinions two yours ago. Things change Coxie, look at your waistline.
3 A writer that wants to be perceived as credible that isn't staying current is embarrassing. Shame on New England Hockey Journal
4 Feeling compelled to always include the children of former pros ( some deserve to be) including college coaches kids, and including anyone with any sort of influence in the hockey world. Maybe time to reprint the most influential people in hockey list again and just keep people happy that way at the various age groups , not under the guise of a top 03 list.

Anon
Need to do your homework and go out and watch games. 25-90 is meaningless and there are 400 kids that could fit in those spots.
My issues are:
1 Continuing to promote kids that made national camp 2 or 3 years ago or the sacred Rats and have not continued to progress (look at stats). If he went to games this year, he would see that a few of these kids have plateaued. Best years behind them.
2 Listing kids who really were jv players in prep that were strong at u14 due to puberty. ( Lots of 6'2,6'3,6'4 boys ) not listed who were 5'7 when Coxie drew up his opinions two yours ago. Things change Coxie, look at your waistline.
3 A writer that wants to be perceived as credible that isn't staying current is embarrassing. Shame on New England Hockey Journal
4 Feeling compelled to always include the children of former pros ( some deserve to be) including college coaches kids, and including anyone with any sort of influence in the hockey world. Maybe time to reprint the most influential people in hockey list again and just keep people happy that way at the various age groups , not under the guise of a top 03 list.

Like him or not JC is very lazy in writing his articles. He has actually cut and pasted write ups for one player and uses that for other players which gives it away. He often has players listed as 5'9 when they are listed years later on rosters at 6'2. Its just lazy.

Guys, No Junior or College coach is going to take what he writes seriously. Focus on getting your kid in a good situation wherever that may be and if he can dominate/standout then he will be seen. They know he has kids on there that cant skate very well or logged 4 minutes of ice when winning. At the same time, let your kid know this list was put out and he was excluded from it, it puts a chip on the kids shoulder and rightfully so. Make sure those 90 keep their heads up, game is getting faster. #bullseye #ranover

Anon
Guys, No Junior or College coach is going to take what he writes seriously. Focus on getting your kid in a good situation wherever that may be and if he can dominate/standout then he will be seen. They know he has kids on there that cant skate very well or logged 4 minutes of ice when winning. At the same time, let your kid know this list was put out and he was excluded from it, it puts a chip on the kids shoulder and rightfully so. Make sure those 90 keep their heads up, game is getting faster. #bullseye #ranover
This guy is spot on

Best two 03’s in RI not even on list.

Agree on RI kids that are absent from this piece of work. Both that were left off the list are likely D1 kids. Might be the only 2 of the 03’s in RI to play D1 when all said and done.

There are no D1 03 RI kids. Only delusional crazy parents.

Anon
There are no D1 03 RI kids. Only delusional crazy parents.
OMG Yes. Nobody is even close.

Biggie
Donkey of all donkeys
Well said Hee Haw

anon
10 plus D1 kids from the Rats u16 team? What?

Maybe 5, if in 4 years they all pan out. Long way to go.

Goalie and canadian kid don't count for Cox'y list. G is 04.

Long way to go for sure. The 10 plus comment includes the two 04s and the canadian kid who is already committed.

16 year old kids will tell you like it is ( most of the time anyway)

I showed mine the list. He quickly had this look of discomfort on his face when reading it. Admittedly he is not on the list. Looks at me and says “ Dad, this list is way off; there are kids on here that are good kids but they are very weak players”. To his credit, he proceeded to tell me that he was going to the basement to work out and will use the list to motivate him even more. Cocksie, I see you at all the rinks, always yucking it up with People of perceived influence in Hockey and With dads that see the way to their kid’s success is kissing your azz. Kinda pathetic. One last thing, not good form having regular texting / phone calls with Dad’s of kids you are out evaluating. Seems kinda dirty. Needs to be impartial which your stuff never seems to be.

My son brought the list's up on a Prep team zoom call last night (02,03,04), last poster was spot on, kids tell it like it is. You should of heard the comments, lots of "WHO?" "Seriously, how?" "Thanks Daddy" "I wish my dad played in the NHL" "Arent they neighbors with Jeff" "How did he pick x over you" Definitely some positive comments though "Congrats" "That kid is sick" The best quote of them all was from their Coach "Boys, our coaching staff and your dedication to the craft will get you where you want to be, not some writer wannabe hockey player, you will show them all" Good luck!

Anon
My son brought the list's up on a Prep team zoom call last night (02,03,04), last poster was spot on, kids tell it like it is. You should of heard the comments, lots of "WHO?" "Seriously, how?" "Thanks Daddy" "I wish my dad played in the NHL" "Arent they neighbors with Jeff" "How did he pick x over you" Definitely some positive comments though "Congrats" "That kid is sick" The best quote of them all was from their Coach "Boys, our coaching staff and your dedication to the craft will get you where you want to be, not some writer wannabe hockey player, you will show them all" Good luck!
I am guessing, but this post is entirely made up BS.

Anon
Anon
My son brought the list\'s up on a Prep team zoom call last night (02,03,04), last poster was spot on, kids tell it like it is. You should of heard the comments, lots of \"WHO?\" \"Seriously, how?\" \"Thanks Daddy\" \"I wish my dad played in the NHL\" \"Arent they neighbors with Jeff\" \"How did he pick x over you\" Definitely some positive comments though \"Congrats\" \"That kid is sick\" The best quote of them all was from their Coach \"Boys, our coaching staff and your dedication to the craft will get you where you want to be, not some writer wannabe hockey player, you will show them all\" Good luck!
I am guessing this post is to validate a parent spending 100k so their kids can play 4th line prep!

anon
Anon
Anon
My son brought the list\\\'s up on a Prep team zoom call last night (02,03,04), last poster was spot on, kids tell it like it is. You should of heard the comments, lots of \\\"WHO?\\\" \\\"Seriously, how?\\\" \\\"Thanks Daddy\\\" \\\"I wish my dad played in the NHL\\\" \\\"Arent they neighbors with Jeff\\\" \\\"How did he pick x over you\\\" Definitely some positive comments though \\\"Congrats\\\" \\\"That kid is sick\\\" The best quote of them all was from their Coach \\\"Boys, our coaching staff and your dedication to the craft will get you where you want to be, not some writer wannabe hockey player, you will show them all\\\" Good luck!
I am guessing this post is to validate a parent spending 100k so their kids can play 4th line prep!
You do know that less than 5% of total students in all of New England Prep School (not just hockey players) pay full tuition. You should do some research, your just as bad as Cox.

I guess most people here don't get to see the list.

If you want to see it you have to subscribe to NEHJ

Anon
Embarrassing Jeff!
Clearly not out watching these kids this year. Many on list were healthy scratches and sat the bench for their respective prep teams. Losing all credibility with these types of recycled masterpieces. Some names on list may not even make their varsity rosters. Get to work JC
There are 4 kids on this list who don't even play hockey anymore.

anon
Anon
Embarrassing Jeff!
Clearly not out watching these kids this year. Many on list were healthy scratches and sat the bench for their respective prep teams. Losing all credibility with these types of recycled masterpieces. Some names on list may not even make their varsity rosters. Get to work JC
There are 4 kids on this list who don't even play hockey anymore.
Someone please tell me this is true! Please!

100% true. Others on list dont see game time.

If the kid from Pope is the 45th Best 03 in all of New England then ALL 03's should quit hockey today, like Now, like never touch the ice again, burn your equipment and never admit to playing the game.

How do you leave off CW from Jr Bruins, DH from Nobles, MP from Pics, NL from NMH, CH from Williston, there are more but these kids killed it this year, and the list goes on and on. Stop with your lame lists it makes our jobs harder when you show no credibility, AND please dont put kids on the list who want to play other sports in college, stick to hockey.

The top goalie listed played 428 minutes last year in prep has a 2.74GAA and a .864SV%..... wow this guy knows hockey. Oh wait at least he is 6'3

A friend just sent me "the list" as I am reading it I thought it was from their Pee-wee year! The game has changed too much for Cox, he cant stay unbiased with his selections. Admittedly, my son is on the list and he deserves to be (Top 15)
but man are some really good players left off. I have a nephew that played U16 USPHL this season (Kings) and some of those kids mentioned in a previous post (Jr Bruins, Pics, Islanders) and others, should have cracked the Top 25 list easily. I'm not 100% sure but I think more than a few are heading to Prep next year.

All this list does is show that Jeff likes Prep hockey more than any other league. Throwing in a few non Prep High School kids is a joke, they don't belong there and he knows it. My youngest is an 05, cant wait to see that list!

Will do same thing

- carefully include any former pro's kid or anyone of any hockey influence ( actually high up in list)
- Identify the kids that grew at 12 and dominated
- use same list 2-3 years from now
- ignore 05's that are not on the prep scene yet
- include the " popular" kids so he too can be perceived as cool
-develop man crushes and promote the crap out of the kids that were good at 13 and are now average like many many others not on list

BTW, have you seen his TikTok?

Anon
Will do same thing

- carefully include any former pro's kid or anyone of any hockey influence ( actually high up in list)
- Identify the kids that grew at 12 and dominated
- use same list 2-3 years from now
- ignore 05's that are not on the prep scene yet
- include the " popular" kids so he too can be perceived as cool
-develop man crushes and promote the crap out of the kids that were good at 13 and are now average like many many others not on list

BTW, have you seen his TikTok?
^^Spot on

D bag post. What a joke this list is... except of course my son who is top 15. That part is solid.

Anon
Embarrassing Jeff!
So the 2005 from Mid-Fairfield that is already committed to BU doesn't make JC's list. Enough said...

JC is a clown and should stop making these lists or anything having to do with hockey.