The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
If the kid from Pope is the 45th Best 03 in all of New England then ALL 03's should quit hockey today, like Now, like never touch the ice again, burn your equipment and never admit to playing the game.
How do you leave off CW from Jr Bruins, DH from Nobles, MP from Pics, NL from NMH, CH from Williston, there are more but these kids killed it this year, and the list goes on and on. Stop with your lame lists it makes our jobs harder when you show no credibility, AND please dont put kids on the list who want to play other sports in college, stick to hockey.
The top goalie listed played 428 minutes last year in prep has a 2.74GAA and a .864SV%..... wow this guy knows hockey. Oh wait at least he is 6'3
A friend just sent me "the list" as I am reading it I thought it was from their Pee-wee year! The game has changed too much for Cox, he cant stay unbiased with his selections. Admittedly, my son is on the list and he deserves to be (Top 15)
but man are some really good players left off. I have a nephew that played U16 USPHL this season (Kings) and some of those kids mentioned in a previous post (Jr Bruins, Pics, Islanders) and others, should have cracked the Top 25 list easily. I'm not 100% sure but I think more than a few are heading to Prep next year.
All this list does is show that Jeff likes Prep hockey more than any other league. Throwing in a few non Prep High School kids is a joke, they don't belong there and he knows it. My youngest is an 05, cant wait to see that list!
Will do same thing
- carefully include any former pro's kid or anyone of any hockey influence ( actually high up in list)
- Identify the kids that grew at 12 and dominated
- use same list 2-3 years from now
- ignore 05's that are not on the prep scene yet
- include the " popular" kids so he too can be perceived as cool
-develop man crushes and promote the crap out of the kids that were good at 13 and are now average like many many others not on list
BTW, have you seen his TikTok?
D bag post. What a joke this list is... except of course my son who is top 15. That part is solid.
03's in New England not on the list must be terrible. 90 kids is a lot, and not to be mentioned should make them realize its not gonna happen for them. Should quit and focus on school. Honest opinion.
Best post of the group!
Everybody getting their panties in a bunch because he doesn't think their kid is pretty.
FYI my kids is in the top 20 and I don't care that he thinks that.
One person's opinion doesn't matter.
Lets have this post sit for about 12 months and see how good of recruiter he is? Cant wait to shove it in his face.
If the kid from Dexter doesn't commit to a college soon JC will lose his mind! Hes been on that kid for 8 years!
Jeff Cox is a total p***y and scared of what people with higher ranks will think about him.
1. He thinks only the top 3 teams have good players on it. Watch the notes he writes about a player not on the top teams ( this player was an unknown player last year because he played on this team or didn’t know much about this player until he made the jump to the river rats. Buddy go to the rink and watch ALL games I promise you will find good players on all different teams.
2. The best one he doesn’t write about a single player on the team so the coach reaches out to him calling him an idiot the next month half the team gets an article written about them because the coach bullied him.
3. He wrote an article about my son at a showcase praising him... which is great thanks JC to bad he didn’t even play in the tournament that weekend he was at soccer games with his prep team.
4. It’s not hard to take the New England District and Mass District festival list and do an article on all those kids. One issue with that maybe the player ( my son ) just had a good weekend and made it. I will be the first to say that many other players should have made it over him if we were going from year performance not just one silly weekend when he had one of the best players in the state on his line.
I can’t wait to watch Coxy coach teams this fall for the River Rats. I’m calling it right now he will lose a big game for them in the playoffs because he will be going off his notes from when kids were in 8th grade instead of the best players in that game/ season. If your not committed you can just leave with less then 5 minutes to go.
I don't know what you guys are talking about, with such in-depth analysis like "He made a good outlet pass" or "He skated hard down the boards to make a play" or "His father played at College X" I mean, this guy is pure genius!
Jeff stick up for yourself!!!
Although - if 4 kids are on the list that don't even play hockey anymore that is embarrassing.
4 that no longer play hockey and one about to stop playing andwill focus on track and field. Embarrassing JC
hahaha! Just found out the kid he loves all of a sudden from Tabor is Jack Parker's (BU Coach) grandson...Ugly, Jeff!
You are the joke. Watch that kid play this Fall and you will come back and apologize. Kid is legitimate.
The dad was tapping BU coach’s daughter back in the day. Tell me that didn’t get him some browny points for being on the special teams.
It's the texts, emails, phone calls with parents that rubs me the wrong way. Need to separate yourself from the parents to be a credible source.
Any kid ranked below 25th is to get parents to buy a subscription. It is not feasible for one guy to see all of those kids and properly rank them.
And some of those 25 dont play hockey or wont play hockey going forward