The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prep hockey 2020-2021

I have a strong prediction, that Avon Old Farms is the team to watch next year. High hopes for the winged beavers next year after a tough semi final exit last year. They will be New England’s team after an 10 year NE Championship drought.

Re: Prep hockey 2020-2021

What number is your Kid?

Salisbury, KUA, Cushing all loading up also, will be fun to watch

Pomfret the favorite with strong forwards returning to put up some big numbers.

Thoughts on Hebron Academy? I heard they’re brining in some good players.

Won’t stand a chance against Pomfret

Hunter, Biff, Chipper, Tucker.....ha...rich silly Billy’s that all love to shower together.

Really like their coach (at hebron) hope they do have success. KUA, Salisbury, Cushing will be back (when you just load up yearly with 1 year guys its kind of hard not to). Teams that will be good in my opinion. Dexter, St. Marks, Berkshire and Kent.

Just going by what I have seen over the last couple of years. They go young and bring up a group. Wont be able to win the big one but should have solid seasons. Good coaching goes a long way.

Anon
Really like their coach (at hebron) hope they do have success. KUA, Salisbury, Cushing will be back (when you just load up yearly with 1 year guys its kind of hard not to). Teams that will be good in my opinion. Dexter, St. Marks, Berkshire and Kent.

Just going by what I have seen over the last couple of years. They go young and bring up a group. Wont be able to win the big one but should have solid seasons. Good coaching goes a long way.
Belmont Hill will go undefeated this year mark my words

They will go undefeated, congrats dad, as will dexter, st. Marks and yes even Worcester academy. There won’t be a season so good luck with the $50-$65k investment in education. We know you guys do it for the right reasons, to get little Johnny into a better college, it has nothing to do with the dream. Good luck this season. Enjoy zoom private school prison. Perhaps they can throw sticks between varsity A and varsity B (FYI that’s JV and not a path the varsity A) and have fun weekly jamboree.

Negative nelly
They will go undefeated, congrats dad, as will dexter, st. Marks and yes even Worcester academy. There won’t be a season so good luck with the $50-$65k investment in education. We know you guys do it for the right reasons, to get little Johnny into a better college, it has nothing to do with the dream. Good luck this season. Enjoy zoom private school prison. Perhaps they can throw sticks between varsity A and varsity B (FYI that’s JV and not a path the varsity A) and have fun weekly jamboree.
sad much?

Negative nelly
Sorry your boy wasn't accepted anywhere. BTW, no one pays 55-65K, aside for the non athletes.

DA: might have the best goalie duo next season and their D will be extremely strong. I can see them going far in the elite 8.
AoF: Lost top F but have so much depth who will step up should among the top.
KUA: Not sure what they have, lost top talent, rumour has it they have a couple good recruits but see them as taking a huge step back.
Salisbury: Some depth, great F and D joining, expect them to compete as usual.
Milton: reloaded in talent last year, will be in the hunt for Elite 8.
Kent: Heard they miss on many of their recruits curious to see what will happen
Cushing: Strong team and young last year will but at the top again this year.
MX: Top Goalie in ISL and good F and Good D will be top 8 small school
St. Marks: Good scoring and good new additions should compete to make Elite or will be a top of small school.

These are the teams who will make an impact this year.

Anon
DA: might have the best goalie duo next season and their D will be extremely strong. I can see them going far in the elite 8.
AoF: Lost top F but have so much depth who will step up should among the top.
KUA: Not sure what they have, lost top talent, rumour has it they have a couple good recruits but see them as taking a huge step back.
Salisbury: Some depth, great F and D joining, expect them to compete as usual.
Milton: reloaded in talent last year, will be in the hunt for Elite 8.
Kent: Heard they miss on many of their recruits curious to see what will happen
Cushing: Strong team and young last year will but at the top again this year.
MX: Top Goalie in ISL and good F and Good D will be top 8 small school
St. Marks: Good scoring and good new additions should compete to make Elite or will be a top of small school.

These are the teams who will make an impact this year.
Only if they play

Hotchkiss had a bounce back season of sorts this past year, I am not a hotchkiss dad wonder if they could be in the mic or was it a hot goalie?

I have no idea who went where so no idea if kent hit or missed but they will need to replace a lot of D and F plus a goalie so that is asking a lot.

Sorry I cant see the OP so not sure I saw Gunnery in the conversation as they are usually in the hunt and is Loomis a one hit wonder?

Also who doesnt have the right rink for fall ice? Holderness, NMH...?

Cant believe the amount of MA Prep players registering for Main Camps, Top talent 02's/03's seriously considering leaving Prep for NAHL or NCDC. I'm very surprised by this, If you have a younger player, reach out to some of the Prep schools as they will be scrambling for good players. Deerfield, Cushing, Brooks, Middlesex, Lawerence, Sebs, Belmont Hill, Thayer all loosing players.

Anon
Cant believe the amount of MA Prep players registering for Main Camps, Top talent 02's/03's seriously considering leaving Prep for NAHL or NCDC. I'm very surprised by this, If you have a younger player, reach out to some of the Prep schools as they will be scrambling for good players. Deerfield, Cushing, Brooks, Middlesex, Lawerence, Sebs, Belmont Hill, Thayer all loosing players.
Just goes to show you that all these parents are a bunch of liars (as we all knew). They were just sending their kids to Preps for hockey. It was never "about the education".

Don't juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?

anon
Don't juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
Not with the intent of leaving

Anon
anon
Don\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?

Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?
It’s called having a conversation with families you know who are in the same boat as you are. There will be multiple departures announced in August from the schools I mentioned.
Families from Texas, Virginia, Jersey, New York are doing the same thing, no desire to travel to MA and not play a season. A few have USHL opportunities which they are signing in the next week and the rest considering NAHL opportunities. All together there are only about 20 of us, but it’s going to be hard for the schools to replace. Do what you think is best for your child, it’s uncertain times and if a coach or a school cant understand that, to bad.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\\\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?
It’s called having a conversation with families you know who are in the same boat as you are. There will be multiple departures announced in August from the schools I mentioned.
Families from Texas, Virginia, Jersey, New York are doing the same thing, no desire to travel to MA and not play a season. A few have USHL opportunities which they are signing in the next week and the rest considering NAHL opportunities. All together there are only about 20 of us, but it’s going to be hard for the schools to replace. Do what you think is best for your child, it’s uncertain times and if a coach or a school cant understand that, to bad.
Right...because the USHL and NAHL are guaranteed to have their seasons?

That's a helluva gamble by you idiotic parents.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?

WAY more likely than Prep to have a season. And you can swing a deal with your kid’s school to fulfill his academic requirements remotely, if he’s good enough.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?

Have a better option for seniors or PG’s, I’m all ears

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\\\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?
And there are no other players going to camps with the intent of not leaving, and all past attendees had no intention of leaving. The entire universe of Prep players is the 20 you know.

The D Board is the Florida of arrogant people.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
And you know this, how?
And there are no other players going to camps with the intent of not leaving, and all past attendees had no intention of leaving. The entire universe of Prep players is the 20 you know.

U whack.. kids are going leave, get over it

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t juniors / seniors regularly attend USHL / NAHL main camps each summer? Not sure why this is news?
And you know this, how?

U whack.. kids are going leave, get over it
“U whack?”

Let me guess, you’re 40 and still wearing a flat brim hat backwards.

So help me out, my son, who goes to prep and is a 03, but is not in your 20 person circle of friends, should look for alternatives because your son and his 19 buddies won't be there and therefore prep hockey as we know it won't be worth it?

Okay, thanks. I will start looking for a new path now.

This is the FOMO of the COVID era. Your guy will be just fine working out and skating on campus for a season, then jumping right back into the recruiting scene next spring. His competition is in the same boat, he will lose ground on nobody.