Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Summer tournies

How about NAPS? Same level as CCM Elite?

Anon
Yep...

Anon
Anon
Yep...
NAPS is strong but it isn't going to happen this year. Too much chaos with with Legacy fallout.

Anon
naps is legacy and they are in bankruptcy so I wouldn't waste your money on the naps this summer

So I shouldn’t do NAPS?

Anon
So I shouldn’t do NAPS?
There’s a rumor that Junior Bruins may take it over. If there’s money to still be made, trust me they will.

That won’t improve the quality. The only tournament worth doing in this area this summer is Chowder Cup. And even that one has already dropped off, and will drop off a lot more this year.

But, if a player is just looking to get some games, just take what comes.

If you’re looking for exposure to junior teams - which is the exposure you should be looking for, not colleges - then you’re probably better off going outside the area.

How is the Tropical Meltdown?

Bad. Majority of the tournaments are just money makers except for Chowder which is worth it.

Anon
Bad. Majority of the tournaments are just money makers except for Chowder which is worth it.
Who is going to risk Covid to go watch the Chowder Cup this year? College is in a dead period, Jr Coaches already have the kids they want..who is left?

Anon
Anon
Who is going to risk Covid to go watch the Chowder Cup this year? College is in a dead period, Jr Coaches already have the kids they want..who is left?
Junior teams aren't full. Not even close. NAHL hasn't even had their full draft yet.

But, I don't know that the Chowder Cup is the place for your kid to be "seen" by junior teams this year.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Junior teams aren't full. Not even close. NAHL hasn't even had their full draft yet.

But, I don't know that the Chowder Cup is the place for your kid to be "seen" by junior teams this year.
Didn't say they were full, said they have the kids they want

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Junior teams aren\'t full. Not even close. NAHL hasn\'t even had their full draft yet.

But, I don\'t know that the Chowder Cup is the place for your kid to be \"seen\" by junior teams this year.
Didn't say they were full, said they have the kids they want
Junior teams never have who they want. They only have who they want until a new, shiny object comes along.

Especially this year, with the Canadian border being closed and crowd sizes limited. You'll see more player movement than ever as the landscape shifts - in both directions.