Re: Help me understand this??

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Then the kids you know playing hockey aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t very good!

I can tell you for a fact that better players are paying under $10G.

I was told by a Hockey East coach never to pay for High School. The only prep schools you apply to are the ones that want you and if they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t force yourself in. If you do you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be paying $20G a year.
Then I played my hand correctly and didn’t go through the Prep process since the coach couldn’t guarantee me a price under 10K.
This is a ridiculous conversation between two naive people.

Prep schools are not hockey programs.

Prep schools are not an entitlement.

People that have the ability to do so, and choose to, send their kids to Prep schools.

A small minority of others are provided with that opportunity on a sliding scale based on unique individual abilities, be it playing the cello or a sport.

Even parents of kids that were first round draft picks and are in the NHL today paid way more than you are expecting your kid should have to pay.

And, that Hockey East coach is talking about players at that level, not your slightly-better-than-average bender.
Last time I checked this was a discussion board about hockey. Hold on, let me check again. Yep, it is about hockey. Prep school is not an alternative for hockey until the price for it is inline with other options. Until then, NCDC is the path to take for us non well to do people.
What it tells me is, at some point in your past you chose a path other than what was probably available to you to better yourself. Now you\\\'re making the same decision for your kid so that he, too, will become \\\"non well to do.\\\"

Make school a priority, not hockey. NCDC, and junior hockey in general, represents a big trade-off between education and hockey. Make that choice when your kid is done with HS because, trust me, he\\\'s going to play junior after HS no matter what path he takes between now and then.

Until then, have him stick with whatever interferes the least with school.

You think you know it all now, and I don\\\'t know ****. You\\\'ll see.
I took the first condescending “naive“ comment. I won’t take the second condescending response from you. You need to stop preaching from your ivory tower because you don’t know me or my kid or either of our situations. The other point is that your kind feeds off of parent’s insecurities who can’t afford Prep. But, you talk them into it like it is a must to fund your living. Sorry, your so called expertise on the matter is about significant to me as the turd I dropped in the toilet a few minutes ago. How about them apples?
I see. So, my making assumptions about you are "preaching" and your making assumptions about me are fair game?

Not even sure what "my kind" is. And I never said your kid should go the Prep route. I only said he should focus on school.

You're trying to turn this into a class warfare thing. It isn't. The issue is, wherever he goes to school, by having him play junior, with their early- to mid-afternoon practices, games and travel, you are telling your kid it's OK that he miss school, that hockey is more important. That's where you' are dead wrong.

Looks like you're one of those parents with "insecurities who can’t afford Prep."

Enjoy your apple. Sorry if it's offensive for me to suggest you have your kid focus on education.
Like I said. Your opinion is a big turd. I will drop an apple in there for you so you can bob apples with your turd opinion next time. Have fun over paying for a Prep degree that is useless.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Then the kids you know playing hockey aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t very good!

I was told by a Hockey East coach never to pay for High School. The only prep schools you apply to are the ones that want you and if they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t force yourself in. If you do you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be paying $20G a year.
Then I played my hand correctly and didn’t go through the Prep process since the coach couldn’t guarantee me a price under 10K.

People that have the ability to do so, and choose to, send their kids to Prep schools.

A small minority of others are provided with that opportunity on a sliding scale based on unique individual abilities, be it playing the cello or a sport.

Even parents of kids that were first round draft picks and are in the NHL today paid way more than you are expecting your kid should have to pay.

And, that Hockey East coach is talking about players at that level, not your slightly-better-than-average bender.
Last time I checked this was a discussion board about hockey. Hold on, let me check again. Yep, it is about hockey. Prep school is not an alternative for hockey until the price for it is inline with other options. Until then, NCDC is the path to take for us non well to do people.
What it tells me is, at some point in your past you chose a path other than what was probably available to you to better yourself. Now you\\\\\\'re making the same decision for your kid so that he, too, will become \\\\\\"non well to do.\\\\\\"

Make school a priority, not hockey. NCDC, and junior hockey in general, represents a big trade-off between education and hockey. Make that choice when your kid is done with HS because, trust me, he\\\\\\'s going to play junior after HS no matter what path he takes between now and then.

You think you know it all now, and I don\\\\\\'t know ****. You\\\\\\'ll see.
I took the first condescending “naive“ comment. I won’t take the second condescending response from you. You need to stop preaching from your ivory tower because you don’t know me or my kid or either of our situations. The other point is that your kind feeds off of parent’s insecurities who can’t afford Prep. But, you talk them into it like it is a must to fund your living. Sorry, your so called expertise on the matter is about significant to me as the turd I dropped in the toilet a few minutes ago. How about them apples?
I see. So, my making assumptions about you are "preaching" and your making assumptions about me are fair game?

Not even sure what "my kind" is. And I never said your kid should go the Prep route. I only said he should focus on school.

You're trying to turn this into a class warfare thing. It isn't. The issue is, wherever he goes to school, by having him play junior, with their early- to mid-afternoon practices, games and travel, you are telling your kid it's OK that he miss school, that hockey is more important. That's where you' are dead wrong.

Looks like you're one of those parents with "insecurities who can’t afford Prep."

Enjoy your apple. Sorry if it's offensive for me to suggest you have your kid focus on education.
Like I said. Your opinion is a big turd. I will drop an apple in there for you so you can bob apples with your turd opinion next time. Have fun over paying for a Prep degree that is useless.
Useless? A Prep school education is Useless? You have no idea how stupid you sound. You wouldn’t understand. Let’s put it this way, better humans, more mature 18/19 year olds prepared for College/life, and better athletes. Think business owner vs hourly employees

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Then the kids you know playing hockey aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t very good!

I was told by a Hockey East coach never to pay for High School. The only prep schools you apply to are the ones that want you and if they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t force yourself in. If you do you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be paying $20G a year.

What it tells me is, at some point in your past you chose a path other than what was probably available to you to better yourself. Now you\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re making the same decision for your kid so that he, too, will become \\\\\\\\\\\\\"non well to do.\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Make school a priority, not hockey. NCDC, and junior hockey in general, represents a big trade-off between education and hockey. Make that choice when your kid is done with HS because, trust me, he\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s going to play junior after HS no matter what path he takes between now and then.

You think you know it all now, and I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know ****. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll see.
I see. So, my making assumptions about you are \"preaching\" and your making assumptions about me are fair game?

Not even sure what \"my kind\" is. And I never said your kid should go the Prep route. I only said he should focus on school.

You\'re trying to turn this into a class warfare thing. It isn\'t. The issue is, wherever he goes to school, by having him play junior, with their early- to mid-afternoon practices, games and travel, you are telling your kid it\'s OK that he miss school, that hockey is more important. That\'s where you\' are dead wrong.

Looks like you\'re one of those parents with \"insecurities who can’t afford Prep.\"

Enjoy your apple. Sorry if it\'s offensive for me to suggest you have your kid focus on education.
Useless? A Prep school education is Useless? You have no idea how stupid you sound. You wouldn’t understand. Let’s put it this way, better humans, more mature 18/19 year olds prepared for College/life, and better athletes. Think business owner vs hourly employees
Don’t bother. Just another class warrior mad at The Man for holding him down. Can’t accept his outcome was the product of his own decisions. Now he's helping his kid make the same decisions.

Must suck to hate rich people.

I used to be poor, but I thought it was probably much better to be rich.

Guess what? I was right.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
Then the kids you know playing hockey aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t very good!

I was told by a Hockey East coach never to pay for High School. The only prep schools you apply to are the ones that want you and if they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t force yourself in. If you do you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be paying $20G a year.

What it tells me is, at some point in your past you chose a path other than what was probably available to you to better yourself. Now you\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re making the same decision for your kid so that he, too, will become \\\\\\\\\\\\\"non well to do.\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Make school a priority, not hockey. NCDC, and junior hockey in general, represents a big trade-off between education and hockey. Make that choice when your kid is done with HS because, trust me, he\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s going to play junior after HS no matter what path he takes between now and then.

You think you know it all now, and I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know ****. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll see.
I see. So, my making assumptions about you are \"preaching\" and your making assumptions about me are fair game?

Not even sure what \"my kind\" is. And I never said your kid should go the Prep route. I only said he should focus on school.

You\'re trying to turn this into a class warfare thing. It isn\'t. The issue is, wherever he goes to school, by having him play junior, with their early- to mid-afternoon practices, games and travel, you are telling your kid it\'s OK that he miss school, that hockey is more important. That\'s where you\' are dead wrong.

Looks like you\'re one of those parents with \"insecurities who can’t afford Prep.\"

Enjoy your apple. Sorry if it\'s offensive for me to suggest you have your kid focus on education.
Don’t bother. Just another class warrior mad at The Man for holding him down. Can’t accept his outcome was the product of his own decisions. Now he's helping his kid make the same decisions.

Must suck to hate rich people.

When I was poor, I always thought it was much better to be rich.

Guess what? I was right.

Yes, useless. You sound desperate. Seek medical help.

Anonymous
For a 15 year old to try out for a team $500?

Make sure the contract is signed before the tryout!
Actually, don’t. Contract is one-way and offers the player little. Better to spend the $500 and create some leverage for yourself, or spend the $500 and chalk it up to experience than to be bound to a contract where your kid’s main contribution is to run the camera for HockeyTV.

Anonymous
The Islander's try out for the NCDC $300.. But no wait, if you are lucky enough to get a call back you can pay another $200.
Save yourself some time and just throw $500 out the window when you're on the highway. Everybody gets a call back!
1. Someone has to pay for it to be Free Hockey
2. Prep Hockey coaches promote their kids 100x more than NCDC coaches do
3. College Scouts are more apt to Prep coaches than NCDC coaches
4. Education is better at Prep than anywhere in New England
5. Less Travel with Prep
6. Skate everyday with Prep
7. Off-ice is managed better at Prep
Shall we go on?

Anon
Anonymous
The Islander\'s try out for the NCDC $300.. But no wait, if you are lucky enough to get a call back you can pay another $200.
Save yourself some time and just throw $500 out the window when you\'re on the highway. Everybody gets a call back!
5. Less Travel with Prep
Shall we go on?
8. Rinks are on campus, eliminating travel time.

9. Practices and games are built around the daily academic schedule (some would argue it's the other way around). Students RARELY have to miss classes.

10. Colleges know what kind of student they are getting from each Prep School when they admit a student, built on years of ongoing dialogues with the Prep placement offices. That just isn't possible with the overwhelmed guidance counselors in each and every public school across the region.

11. Colleges know the student athlete can manage their time already from having done it for four years, and are more independent. Almost all public school student athletes are away from home for the first time, or have finished HS online.

12. Campus life is immeasurably better and more cohesive, with far superior infrastructure.

13. Teams are consistent year-to-year. 20% new players on a Prep team versus 20% returning to an NCDC team.

14. Relationships built while attending Prep school tend to carry well into the future. Networking between alums is far greater. There's an "understanding" that alums help each other to identify career opportunities, and they aren't at Boston Sand and Gravel. Sorry, it's true.

I'll repeat my original "condescending" statement. It's naive to compare Prep school to a hockey program. I see it every March - Johnny went through the application process, the coach told him he was in, but he got wait-listed because his grades aren't good enough, or we didn't get as much money as we thought.

Anon
Anon
Anonymous
The Islander\\\\\\\'s try out for the NCDC $300.. But no wait, if you are lucky enough to get a call back you can pay another $200.
Save yourself some time and just throw $500 out the window when you\\\\\\\'re on the highway. Everybody gets a call back!
5. Less Travel with Prep
Shall we go on?

9. Practices and games are built around the daily academic schedule (some would argue it\'s the other way around). Students RARELY have to miss classes.

10. Colleges know what kind of student they are getting from each Prep School when they admit a student, built on years of ongoing dialogues with the Prep placement offices. That just isn\'t possible with the overwhelmed guidance counselors in each and every public school across the region.

11. Colleges know the student athlete can manage their time already from having done it for four years, and are more independent. Almost all public school student athletes are away from home for the first time, or have finished HS online.

12. Campus life is immeasurably better and more cohesive, with far superior infrastructure.

13. Teams are consistent year-to-year. 20% new players on a Prep team versus 20% returning to an NCDC team.

14. Relationships built while attending Prep school tend to carry well into the future. Networking between alums is far greater. There\'s an \"understanding\" that alums help each other to identify career opportunities, and they aren\'t at Boston Sand and Gravel. Sorry, it\'s true.

I\'ll repeat my original \"condescending\" statement. It\'s naive to compare Prep school to a hockey program. I see it every March - Johnny went through the application process, the coach told him he was in, but he got wait-listed because his grades aren\'t good enough, or we didn\'t get as much money as we thought.

When did hockey get lumped in with academics? Sorry, not dropping big coin on an useless Prep School degree. Ivy League school is not his goal. You should leave the HOCKEY dboard and start an academic dboard. This is the HOCKEY dboard. Do you understand? Or is that off your radar?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
The Islander\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s try out for the NCDC \$300.. But no wait, if you are lucky enough to get a call back you can pay another \$200.
Save yourself some time and just throw \$500 out the window when you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re on the highway. Everybody gets a call back!
5. Less Travel with Prep
Shall we go on?

9. Practices and games are built around the daily academic schedule (some would argue it\\\'s the other way around). Students RARELY have to miss classes.

10. Colleges know what kind of student they are getting from each Prep School when they admit a student, built on years of ongoing dialogues with the Prep placement offices. That just isn\\\'t possible with the overwhelmed guidance counselors in each and every public school across the region.

14. Relationships built while attending Prep school tend to carry well into the future. Networking between alums is far greater. There\\\'s an \\\"understanding\\\" that alums help each other to identify career opportunities, and they aren\\\'t at Boston Sand and Gravel. Sorry, it\\\'s true.

I\\\'ll repeat my original \\\"condescending\\\" statement. It\\\'s naive to compare Prep school to a hockey program. I see it every March - Johnny went through the application process, the coach told him he was in, but he got wait-listed because his grades aren\\\'t good enough, or we didn\\\'t get as much money as we thought.

When did hockey get lumped in with academics? Sorry, not dropping big coin on an useless Prep School degree. Ivy League school is not his goal. You should leave the HOCKEY dboard and start an academic dboard. This is the HOCKEY dboard. Do you understand? Or is that off your radar?
So is it just a coincidence that all the best players are from.... wait for it.... Prep school hockey!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anonymous
The Islander\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s try out for the NCDC \\$300.. But no wait, if you are lucky enough to get a call back you can pay another \\$200.
Save yourself some time and just throw \\$500 out the window when you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re on the highway. Everybody gets a call back!
5. Less Travel with Prep
Shall we go on?

9. Practices and games are built around the daily academic schedule (some would argue it\\\\\\\'s the other way around). Students RARELY have to miss classes.

10. Colleges know what kind of student they are getting from each Prep School when they admit a student, built on years of ongoing dialogues with the Prep placement offices. That just isn\\\\\\\'t possible with the overwhelmed guidance counselors in each and every public school across the region.

14. Relationships built while attending Prep school tend to carry well into the future. Networking between alums is far greater. There\\\\\\\'s an \\\\\\\"understanding\\\\\\\" that alums help each other to identify career opportunities, and they aren\\\\\\\'t at Boston Sand and Gravel. Sorry, it\\\\\\\'s true.

I\\\\\\\'ll repeat my original \\\\\\\"condescending\\\\\\\" statement. It\\\\\\\'s naive to compare Prep school to a hockey program. I see it every March - Johnny went through the application process, the coach told him he was in, but he got wait-listed because his grades aren\\\\\\\'t good enough, or we didn\\\\\\\'t get as much money as we thought.

So is it just a coincidence that all the best players are from.... wait for it.... Prep school hockey!
More Fake News from you. Nope, not at all.