Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sign the petition to Governor Baker about playing games

Anom
Here is the link
https://www.change.org/p/charlie-baker-let-them-play-hockey
Charlie Baker doesn't give two ****s about kids or sports - he hasn't listened to anyone - they guy is a ******* ******* and so is anyone who supports him.

I signed it but here is my response to Mass Hockey blast email about Phase 3 opening + hockey being "newly designated" as a high risk activity

"The facts are clear: the Chinese Virus affects the elderly + people with underlying health issues. Anywhere from 70-80% of fatalities have been in state regulated nursing homes. I have a better suggestion than hoping that these facts will change Chairman Charlie's pathetic, multi step, make it up as you go plan.  How about Mass Hockey grows a pair of balls + tells him to go **** himself.  Just a suggestion.

Anon
I signed it but here is my response to Mass Hockey blast email about Phase 3 opening + hockey being "newly designated" as a high risk activity

"The facts are clear: the Chinese Virus affects the elderly + people with underlying health issues. Anywhere from 70-80% of fatalities have been in state regulated nursing homes. I have a better suggestion than hoping that these facts will change Chairman Charlie's pathetic, multi step, make it up as you go plan.  How about Mass Hockey grows a pair of balls + tells him to go **** himself.  Just a suggestion.

Amen Brother

The difficult argument the committee has to get around is how do we justify youth playing contact sports when all other businesses are legislated to avoid contact. The bar business cant even open, but the same governing body is allowing youth contact games and tournaments? If the education department gets involved with this assessment, then they will argue why are we doing everything to prevent contact during the school day to then have full contact sports after school? This is the maze the state is causing itself. Cluster F... I would have supported the Swedish model. Go forward with full opening and basic precautions. Consistent for all businesses and activities

Full opening with 100 percent mask use would get the economy humming again, but you self-hating closeted knuckleheads won't put on a mask.

Anon
Full opening with 100 percent mask use would get the economy humming again, but you self-hating closeted knuckleheads won't put on a mask.
Maybe you should crawl out from your bunker, been to NH lately, while employees are wearing them few customers are.

Just sayin
Anon
Maybe you should crawl out from your bunker, been to NH lately, while employees are wearing them few customers are.
Hey donkey, been to a restaurant in NH yet? How about a movie theater? Was it at full capacity? I have to make a reservation to go to the beach in NH. You think that's a full opening? If you want to play hockey games this fall/winter, then you should probably get used to wearing that mask. If you don't believe me, then ask the governor of Texas. I think he tried it without masks.

anon
Just sayin
Anon
Full opening with 100 percent mask use would get the economy humming again, but you self-hating closeted knuckleheads won\'t put on a mask.
Hey donkey, been to a restaurant in NH yet? How about a movie theater? Was it at full capacity? I have to make a reservation to go to the beach in NH. You think that's a full opening? If you want to play hockey games this fall/winter, then you should probably get used to wearing that mask. If you don't believe me, then ask the governor of Texas. I think he tried it without masks.
Yup, nothing says MA tourist like going to the state run ocean beaches in NH then declaring it as so.
PRIVATE campgrounds - booked, little/no use
Rafting companies - booked, little/no use
Restaurants - outdoors: but shoulder to shoulder (obviously no use)
Lake Winnipesaukee was a zoo last weekend.

Lets move inside:
Bass Pro - some use
Home Depot Tilton - some use
Lowes Tilton - some use
Market Basket Plymouth - some use
AND hockey rinks...

Anon
only dems wear masks to help their voting year

I agree in choices too, but the concern I keep hearing is not the on-ice stuff but off - the locker room and the benches. Both are impossible to social distance (most are undersized to begin with) and we know how filthy both get.

For now you can tell players to show up dressed and not use locker rooms/showers (wont work for league play), but what do you do when a player comes back to the bench sucking wind breathing real hard all over the guy sitting next to him, or even his old coach? That's the scenario I don't have an answer for. This is unprotected continued close contact with heavy breathing in a cold environment - you won't find a worse example than that.

I want to get going as much as anyone, but I don't see the on-ice stuff as the problem - the locker room and bench are. What's the answer to that?

anon
what do you do when a player comes back to the bench sucking wind breathing real hard all over the guy sitting next to him, or even his old coach? That's the scenario I don't have an answer for. This is unprotected continued close contact with heavy breathing in a cold environment - you won't find a worse example than that.

I want to get going as much as anyone, but I don't see the on-ice stuff as the problem - the locker room and bench are. What's the answer to that?

There's a lot more than just Covid going around locker rooms, showers, and benches. The answer is to take as many precautions as one can and try to avoid getting spit in your face or sneezed upon. People assume a lot of risks playing youth, or any, hockey... concussions, staph infections, bodily injury, flu, ringworm, etc. Covid can be added to the list of assumed risks, or the player can choose not to play.