Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep Quarantine

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
I have heard all of the \\\"hockey\\\" prep schools skating already. KUA, Cushing.....KUA.
What is a \"hockey\" prep school?
It’s a Prep school with a great history of moving hockey players onto the next level. Schools like KUA, Cushing, Avon, Salisbury and Dexter. In the 80s/90s these schools didn’t offer much in academics so old people think those schools only focus on sports and not academics. They would be blown away by seeing the classes these kids are taking. Oh, and they are still hockey powerhouses!
We get it, you like Cushing.
Graduated from there early 90’s. Place is amazing
So, what you are saying is you have come to actually like the farm animals you became familiar with in HS?

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
I have heard all of the \\\"hockey\\\" prep schools skating already. KUA, Cushing.....KUA.
It’s a Prep school with a great history of moving hockey players onto the next level. Schools like KUA, Cushing, Avon, Salisbury and Dexter. In the 80s/90s these schools didn’t offer much in academics so old people think those schools only focus on sports and not academics. They would be blown away by seeing the classes these kids are taking. Oh, and they are still hockey powerhouses!
So, what you are saying is you have come to actually like the farm animals you became familiar with in HS?
Well your sister was a cow back then but had to take what I could take while winning championships

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
I have heard all of the \"hockey\" prep schools skating already. KUA, Cushing.....KUA.
What is a "hockey" prep school?
Well your sister was a cow back then but had to take what I could take while winning championships
My sister was like, 12 in the early 90’s. So, ewwww. Not something to be admitting in public, if I were you.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
I have heard all of the \"hockey\" prep schools skating already. KUA, Cushing.....KUA.
What is a "hockey" prep school?
My sister was like, 12 in the early 90’s. So, ewwww. Not something to be admitting in public, if I were you.
Guy actually answered about his sister...wtf!

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Guy actually answered about his sister...wtf!
(I don't have a sister but don't tell anyone)

Just to follow up on the original topic, many teams are struggling to fill rosters with so many prep players in lock down. I don't see fall hockey being very competitive this season.

Now that prep schools are starting up again I have to admit how wrong I was. There are alot of kids leaving prep to play some version of high level midget or jr hockey. My son called me today to tell me about 4 kids not coming back at his school and another school with 4 also not coming back. All are seniors so that makes some sense but to not make up your mind until now is just wrong.

anon
Now that prep schools are starting up again I have to admit how wrong I was. There are alot of kids leaving prep to play some version of high level midget or jr hockey. My son called me today to tell me about 4 kids not coming back at his school and another school with 4 also not coming back. All are seniors so that makes some sense but to not make up your mind until now is just wrong.
How is it wrong? Don't you always want to make major decisions with the benefit of the most complete information?

I've said all summer if a player has choices they should explore them. Have a Plan B, C and D. Now that a path has to be taken, they're making their decision public.

You sound like you feel a little butt-hurt about being left out, now that you're on the outside looking in. They don't owe you or your kid anything.

Anon
anon
How is it wrong? Don't you always want to make major decisions with the benefit of the most complete information?

I've said all summer if a player has choices they should explore them. Have a Plan B, C and D. Now that a path has to be taken, they're making their decision public.

You sound like you feel a little butt-hurt about being left out, now that you're on the outside looking in. They don't owe you or your kid anything.
Your right, kids should just take everything for granted and not have any loyalty to any decision they make. My point is, if you knew last month that you were going to leave you tell the team so they can find replacements, don't forget, every 17/18 year old is replaceable, but a little heads up isnt to much to ask. There are few kids doing USHL training camp this/next week, coach told them not to come back if they don't make it. I applaud that.
Its like dating a 6, having a shot at a 10, not getting anywhere with the 10, and going back to the 6, and the 6 telling you to F off.

anon
Anon
anon

Your right, kids should just take everything for granted and not have any loyalty to any decision they make. My point is, if you knew last month that you were going to leave you tell the team so they can find replacements, don't forget, every 17/18 year old is replaceable, but a little heads up isnt to much to ask. There are few kids doing USHL training camp this/next week, coach told them not to come back if they don't make it. I applaud that.
Its like dating a 6, having a shot at a 10, not getting anywhere with the 10, and going back to the 6, and the 6 telling you to F off.
Oh, please. Loyalty goes both ways and it has to start with the school here. I saw four-year seniors that were starters during a down cycle lose playing time to freshmen that weren’t yet as good because promises were made and the bill came due.

Like I said, you’re butt-hurt. Your kid is stuck on a not-as-good team with no Plan B. He must have been planning to ride the bench to the Elite 8 because if he were good he would see this as an opportunity to play a larger role.

And find me any Prep coach that wouldn’t welcome a USHL level talent back with open arms. At my kid’s school teammates were allowed to miss school to play in the U in the fall. Better than losing them!

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Oh, please. Loyalty goes both ways and it has to start with the school here. I saw four-year seniors that were starters during a down cycle lose playing time to freshmen that weren’t yet as good because promises were made and the bill came due.

Like I said, you’re butt-hurt. Your kid is stuck on a not-as-good team with no Plan B. He must have been planning to ride the bench to the Elite 8 because if he were good he would see this as an opportunity to play a larger role.

And find me any Prep coach that wouldn’t welcome a USHL level talent back with open arms. At my kid’s school teammates were allowed to miss school to play in the U in the fall. Better than losing them!
I guess we will see what happens. A lot of schools have kids doing “remote” learning as they try out for every team they can find.