The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C’mon Coxie

Are we really writing about players from a no contact summer league in Canton? C’mon Coxie. Next thing you know you will be re using old material. Do you still think this Covid thing is fake? Perhaps you can reuse that story.

Re: C’mon Coxie

Anon
Are we really writing about players from a no contact summer league in Canton? C’mon Coxie. Next thing you know you will be re using old material. Do you still think this Covid thing is fake? Perhaps you can reuse that story.
I like when he writes about kids who were not even at the event. Very reputable!

Does a great job of making his website look reputable. I guess its the extent of having your kids name in the local news paper.

It's all P.R. to get to the next level. Cox knows it and he's giving parents the avenue to exploit the need...and maybe make a little scratch on the side. Be on the right team, preferably on a team with a few NHL offspring, get to the right tournaments, meet the right coaches, get the write-ups, get the mentions and before you know it the kid is the 'it player.'

No check with skills session wonder how many he even watched. Seems like he talked about the kids on the same team he saw

He's dumber than me!!

Ouch somebody's kid didn't get mentioned.

Yup.

Someone is butthurt that an 06 got a mention over their 20 year old !

No dog in the fight here but thanks 06 dad you toolbag lol

Coxie was a high school JV hockey player. His dream was crushed by high school coach at a young age. He turned to writing career and publishes PR crap on every area coaches kid or former hockey guy's kid. It is really sick and everything that is wrong with hockey in Mass. It is a good old boys network with old men calling in favors to scouts, coaches and coxie for their sons.

timmy from south shore
Coxie was a high school JV hockey player. His dream was crushed by high school coach at a young age. He turned to writing career and publishes PR crap on every area coaches kid or former hockey guy's kid. It is really sick and everything that is wrong with hockey in Mass. It is a good old boys network with old men calling in favors to scouts, coaches and coxie for their sons.
Good to know, next time he says "need to see more" More what you waterboy! Would love to see him lace them up with any of these kids he critiques, GFY Cox!

I have never read a critique ever on that website. I dont know the man but there are plenty of people out there who give their opinion. It is just that though, an opinion. Informed? expert? unbiased? probably none of these but I assume he is able to make a living doing it. If coaches cared what he thought, he would be a scout or gm. He just has the balls to but himself out there and we are the ones who give him a venue. If no one paid or visited his site, my guess is he would be pumping gas, talking about the good old days.

Anon
I have never read a critique ever on that website. I dont know the man but there are plenty of people out there who give their opinion. It is just that though, an opinion. Informed? expert? unbiased? probably none of these but I assume he is able to make a living doing it. If coaches cared what he thought, he would be a scout or gm. He just has the balls to but himself out there and we are the ones who give him a venue. If no one paid or visited his site, my guess is he would be pumping gas, talking about the good old days.
You know the man, don’t give us that BS. “He has the balls” dosen’t take balls to be the biggest joke in New England Hockey. #RiverRats4life

Anon
He's the program director for the top organization in Massachusetts (Neponset Valley River Rats) and the Director of Player Personnel for the Omaha Lancers. Obviously, people do care what he thinks and he knows his stuff.

Anon
Anon
He's the program director for the top organization in Massachusetts (Neponset Valley River Rats) and the Director of Player Personnel for the Omaha Lancers. Obviously, people do care what he thinks and he knows his stuff.
Thanks Coxie....on the d board early on a Sunday I see:laughing:

Anon
Anon
Anon
Thanks Coxie....on the d board early on a Sunday I see:laughing:
Coxie looking absolutely frazzled without access to rosters today. Overheard asking a dad at the glass which kids have dads that played in the big leagues. See where this is going?

Anon
Anon
And yet, somehow, his name is never mentioned in connection with either team. No one I know has ever been contacted by him, no one has ever talked with him about those teams.

https://www.lancers.com/page/show/1591455-hockey-operations-staff

Oh facts are so fun. Could he maybe be the former director? Owning a piece of a good or bad hockey organization just means you had some money to do so. I dont think that makes you an authority on hockey or even the guy picking the players.

Anon

Oh facts are so fun. Could he maybe be the former director? Owning a piece of a good or bad hockey organization just means you had some money to do so. I dont think that makes you an authority on hockey or even the guy picking the players.
Very True, look at Chicago Steel Ownership..Kids needed a place to play, Thanks Dad!

Anon
Anon

Very True, look at Chicago Steel Ownership..Kids needed a place to play, Thanks Dad!
Link?

anon
Anon
Anon

Link?
Google it?

If your looking for the connection.

KIRK LUEDEKE - ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER OMAHA Lancers.

Kirk spent more than 17 years with the New England Hockey Journal as that publication NHL draft and prospects analysis.

Anon

If your looking for the connection.

KIRK LUEDEKE - ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER OMAHA Lancers.

Kirk spent more than 17 years with the New England Hockey Journal as that publication NHL draft and prospects analysis.
How do you scout players when you're a cross eyed fat **** eating rink hotdogs the entire game?