email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep

agree!
Just takes a little effort on the school's part. Seem like Dexter has their own league going. Some school silent

Parents at the other preps need to use Dexter as example and band together to make sure their administrations let their kids play also. It will take pressure to have these administrators do something counter to what their other progressive "club" members are doing.

I applaud what Dexter is doing. But keep in mind it is a day school and school isn't in session so there is currently zero risk to the rest of the student body. This is the issue all other preps have to deal with.

anon
I applaud what Dexter is doing. But keep in mind it is a day school and school isn't in session so there is currently zero risk to the rest of the student body. This is the issue all other preps have to deal with.
I was explaining to my son last night as part of a discussion around Dexter's exhibition schedule that schools have too make different decisions based on managing the perceptions of parents - of the athletes as well as the non-athletes - than they otherwise might make if they didn't have that constraint.

This post is right on. Parents at the other local day school preps need to push their administrations and Boards to conduct all of their winter sports programs. You are the paying customer, and the scientific data supports the kids being in school and playing sports. Kudos to the Dexter administration for bucking the herd mentality.