Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prospects Hockey Development Group

Not many I would vouch for, but this one is a good one. JM does a great job finding spots for your kid. Its well run and the price is reasonable if not good. I'm not JM and my kid has skated there.

Same here, gets good skates together with talented kids. Lots of D3 talent according to Jeff Cox

JM does it for the right reasons and his sessions are always high quality.

The guy did more work helping my kid by making calls for me than my $3500 a year advisor did. He wont take any money either for his help which i thought was crazy given how many doors he opened.

Runs good sessions and does not over charge. Very connected in the junior prep snd prep scene. Two admissions people during my sons interviews commented on how many families mentioned this program during the interview process. Would definitely check them out.

Anon
The guy did more work helping my kid by making calls for me than my $3500 a year advisor did. He wont take any money either for his help which i thought was crazy given how many doors he opened.

Runs good sessions and does not over charge. Very connected in the junior prep snd prep scene. Two admissions people during my sons interviews commented on how many families mentioned this program during the interview process. Would definitely check them out.

Had never heard of the school my son attends now. Went to JM’s Black Friday event and I met my sons current coach who he introduced me to. Followed through with the coach / school and i pay $5k a year for a $67k school. I’d say the session was worth going to.

Anon
Anon

Had never heard of the school my son attends now. Went to JM’s Black Friday event and I met my sons current coach who he introduced me to. Followed through with the coach / school and i pay $5k a year for a $67k school. I’d say the session was worth going to.
You sent your son to a prep school you've never heard of?
You pay 5k for a 67k school because his coach was at the event?
Your son is that good that you get a 62k discount off school, but was so under the radar that you hadn't heard of the school he is going to, but is now at the school he wasn't enrolled in at Thanksgiving?

That really is an incredible story.

anon
Anon
Anon

You sent your son to a prep school you've never heard of?
You pay 5k for a 67k school because his coach was at the event?
Your son is that good that you get a 62k discount off school, but was so under the radar that you hadn't heard of the school he is going to, but is now at the school he wasn't enrolled in at Thanksgiving?

That really is an incredible story.
Ok, i need to clarify. We were not pursuing prep school, admittedly we were naive to the process. I dont make a lot of money and we applied for aid. This is why the school has been so generous. Nothing to do with my kid being under the radar. Prep admissions we learned is about need. My kid is a middle of the road player who is gaving a great time, despite the foolishness with covid on campus.

Anon

Paying $3500 for an advisor?? Save the money because your going to be paying for college anyhow. People if you have to pay for an advisor, which at the end of the day, is just going to direct you to a Junior team that you'll have to shell out money for anyhow, stop what your doing!! If your is good kid enough, you won't have to pay for an advisor. You people are being conned!

What age should one consider camps and prep showcases..? 8th grade or fresh yr and look to repeat.

Depends on what you think works for your kid and situation. Earlier the better in the long run for education and development. I believe you will see a downturn in the numbers going to prep next year for hockey. Full season teams have picked up players this year due to COVID. We'll see how this plays out next year.

Some very bogus info on this post

Anon
Some very bogus info on this post
Dude, it's the D board. Sit back, sip your coffee and laugh once in a while.

Good sessions and good coaches. John will do a lot to help good kids and has seen a lot of the ego guys come through and move on to more flashy and hyped programs. My son is where he is because of John and while I am not getting the deal like the guy above, my son is at a great school that was one of his top three choices and we can afford it. John tells the truth and does not engage in myths and misinformation. He sees prep as education and fit first then hockey. Too many live in the clouds and think their kid doesn't need school, just more hockey because they hold that golden lottery ticket.