High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NHL watch list

Fact checker
Anon
Umm.. is that really the best we have to offer from New England? I’ll take the field over most New England kids on that list. Who is there agent because he is worth every penny! Now that I see the names I have to agree with the threads about the marketing because I can put together 15 better off the top of my head. Sad
Who are the 15 better? Let’s hear them.
TD, TO, BF, PM, MM, JT, AM, CA, MP, CC, JM, CR, AM, BG, CR

Anon
Fact checker
Anon
Umm.. is that really the best we have to offer from New England? I’ll take the field over most New England kids on that list. Who is there agent because he is worth every penny! Now that I see the names I have to agree with the threads about the marketing because I can put together 15 better off the top of my head. Sad
Sorry, I missed AM and JI

Anon
Anon
Fact checker
Anon
Need more? I can give you more if you need them.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Fact checker
Anon
No one cares what you think including the NHL!

You guys still don't effen get it. The kids on the watch list have NHL agents/advisors, you don't. Even with those agents/advisors they still will probably not get drafted. You do not get on that list WITHOUT having an NHL agent/advisor. There are no unicorns that come out of no where. If you are good enough to be on that list, an NHL agent/advisor has approached you at some point. There are even players that have NHL agents/advisors that DON'T get on the list!

You just don't pick up a phone, call and NHL agent and now he becomes your kids advisor. Most of the kids you list won't be playing D1 college hockey, never mind in the NHL!

Yes life sucks, but this is how it works.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Fact checker
Anon

You guys still don't effen get it. The kids on the watch list have NHL agents/advisors, you don't. Even with those agents/advisors they still will probably not get drafted. You do not get on that list WITHOUT having an NHL agent/advisor. There are no unicorns that come out of no where. If you are good enough to be on that list, an NHL agent/advisor has approached you at some point. There are even players that have NHL agents/advisors that DON'T get on the list!

You just don't pick up a phone, call and NHL agent and now he becomes your kids advisor. Most of the kids you list won't be playing D1 college hockey, never mind in the NHL!

Notice how he yelled and tried to insult the guy but nowhere did he say those kids were not as good if not better then the “watch list” kids

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Fact checker
Anon

Notice how he yelled and tried to insult the guy but nowhere did he say those kids were not as good if not better then the “watch list” kids
I think his point was it doesn't matter what you and I think.

At the point where these kids are 18 the parents know what it takes to get your kid committed/on central scouting - you need an advisor if you are serious about getting your kid to the next level. The old "If he's good enough, they will find him" is far from reality - especially in the COVID world we live in. The scouts are looking for potential when kids are 20-22 not just the kids that are superstars at 17-18 (or the mite heroes that didn't continue to get better). They are looking at a lot more than goals, big hits and being on the top teams. And they are not scouring their twitter feed for posts of random clips/game stats that they are tagged in by a proud momma!

There are plenty of kids that are on the list each year that shouldn't be and many more that should be. It is a watch list that teams use as a tool - but there are plenty of teams that do their own scouting to find kids that aren't on the list that end up being drafted in the later rounds.

There is a very good chance that none of the local players on the list (and the list of initials of the kids better than the kids on the list) will never play meaningful D1 minutes or make it to the NHL.

My kid is NOT on either of the lists...

Anon
Absolutely agree. Could drop in at least 15 kids in to replace the rated “ C” players. Sad thing is this will continue for a few more years.

Seriously, find out who their advisors are and reach out. PR is the name of the game.

How many of the New England kids are represented by KH? Is he just more connected and engaged or are his clients just better?

Anon
How many of the New England kids are represented by KH? Is he just more connected and engaged or are his clients just better?
Fly eagles fly

Looking for advisor - who is KH?

anon
Looking for advisor - who is KH?
If his group has not reached out to you, than they are not interested, maybe start with a smaller fish.

Why can’t responders on this dboard just answer a poster’s question? Why must you always put them or their kids down? Not all of us are in the know like you. If KH is so great then just give his name.

Anony
Why can’t responders on this dboard just answer a poster’s question? Why must you always put them or their kids down? Not all of us are in the know like you. If KH is so great then just give his name.
Kent Hughes

Anon
Anony
Kent Hughes
Kirby Houghton

Anon
Anon
Anony
Kent Hughes
Kirby Houghton
Kim Hardashian

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anony
Kent Hughes
Kirby Houghton
Kim Hardashian
Kock Hole