email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D3 as true freshman or junior?

parent
Well you're wrong because that's his situation. I should have known better but I figured I'd give it a try and ask on this stupid board. Have a good day.

Well then name the D3 school then, and next fall, I will look for an 18 year-old (I'll give you 19) on their roster. Not likely though, and again D2 doesn't count

parent
Son currently a starting U18 player graduating this spring. My question is should he go directly into a decent (not good) D3 college (coach reached out) with a decent hockey team, or play another year or two of juniors in the hopes of doing something better? By something better I'm not talking D1, just perhaps a better D3 option.
Growing up I was taught a bird in the hand is better than one in the bush, so don't want to pass up sure thing. But still have a couple years. Not sure what to do.
Any serious opinions?
If he likes the school... I mean would he go there of he could no longer play hockey there. Then go. Don't hold off another year for another school unless he doesn't want to go to the first option.

no sense in delaying the start of his college and post college real life career, while holding out fo ra possible better option.

If it's a good school first and he has an opp to play hockey now, go for it. No reason not to.

There are no 18's playing D3 Hockey

Wrong. There are true freshman in D1, are you saying its "impossible" to be a true freshman playing D3? It's not and that's a fact. Of course a player can play D3 as a true freshman 1) if the coach wants him, 2) if he's good enough, and 3) he wants to go right in to college.

anon
Wrong. There are true freshman in D1, are you saying its "impossible" to be a true freshman playing D3? It's not and that's a fact. Of course a player can play D3 as a true freshman 1) if the coach wants him, 2) if he's good enough, and 3) he wants to go right in to college.
There are no true freshman playing D3