email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PG year

Anon
Some kids get looks their senior year. He is not totally wrong but the reality is your boy will likely be 21 yrs old as a freshman. Seriously though, what's the rush to go to college? The kid will likely work for 45 + years and will always look back wondering whether he was good enough at 21 to play college hockey. Go for it! PG year is a mistake given your situation.
I agree but it really only takes one year of juniors for your kid to know if it's for him, if he likes the grind, and he'll know pretty quick if he's really a team contributor. So why not give it a shot? At worst after a year he goes to the college of his choice and plays club instead.

My son repeated, this is was a wash so we are considering reclassifying and graduating this year as a senior and playing Jr hockey next year. I don't see Prep rebounding for 2-3 years after this.

Tell him to retire. Be realistic about it. If you have to ask the dboard this question and aren't being "recruited" by junior teams or prep schools how far do you think he is going to go? Spend $20k on juniors for 2 years to play D3? Every kids career ends at some point maybe yours is now..

anon
Tell him to retire. Be realistic about it. If you have to ask the dboard this question and aren't being "recruited" by junior teams or prep schools how far do you think he is going to go? Spend $20k on juniors for 2 years to play D3? Every kids career ends at some point maybe yours is now..
Problem is, it isn't hard to get "recruited" by Tier 3 junior programs. Just send the coach an email.

anon
Yeah, would be awful to have to go to Colby or Babson and play the game you love at the intercollegiate level.