Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PHL

I still believe its a great idea but play middle of May to July when Preps are out of school. Good exposure is needed this year and they have the connections to get it done. Make it 6 teams to keep everyone happy, charge $850 per player, 1 90 minute practice and 2 games a week.

This is what happens when you announce something without really thinking about it. Maybe all the NHL scouts have been debating over these 4 teams for 10 days. Gonna be uge, uge, make hockey great again.

Some interesting selections and some expected names as well. let's get this rolling

My son is so honored to be drafted by these guys. Its going to be great

Where is the list?

Still a work in progress. This guy is just F'ing with you.

So they need to narrow down 500 plus players AND find the ones that will pay whatever they are charging AND keep members happy. That shouldn’t take long.

Whole thing fell apart tonight. Nothing to see here

No Tweets, No Instagram teasers, No NHL scouts, No Hockey, No responses, NO BUENO!

anon
No Tweets, No Instagram teasers, No NHL scouts, No Hockey, No responses, NO BUENO!
SORRY YOUR PHL GOT CUT...THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG...:laughing:

This really stinks, was looking forward to seeing some good hockey, typical for this season

Its still on. Give it a week or two.

Interesting they are waiting for any announcement, other teams are scooping up the prep kids. Many boarding schools are requiring kids to commit to stay on campus or doing remote classes for the spring and with the silence from the league they are missing out on top players. I have advised our families to stay on campus as it doesn’t look like this will be very beneficial to anyone.

I have advised our families... go back to college and get a real job. Vulture

anon
I have advised our families... go back to college and get a real job. Vulture
At least the "Vulture" is talking to the players and assisting with a plan

Unusual behavior from Ian, Murph, and others at NZ. Something is up. Those guys are very active on social media and they have been silent since late last week. Sure the retweet, but no videos in a while. Something is going on. Intentional or owner shut them down or what’s up??

NzPHL sighting on Twitter.. somethings happening...

We have movement

Glad to see Murph is alive. Ian still MIA.

Admittedly getting second hand info on this league but I hope it doesn’t end up with just Dexter, Thayer, Rivers kids

More cartoonish memes this morning. Getting the feeling this league is just going to be a joke. No real info, stupid memes, not worth 1800.

If you were included, you’d. Already have all the info that you are looking for. Enjoy lacrosse season.

Not true dbag.

anon
Not true dbag.
Angry little guy I see

Anon
If you were included, you’d. Already have all the info that you are looking for. Enjoy lacrosse season.
You make it sound like its going to be the best league around? We are still in a pandemic, college coaches don't care what you are doing, they are trying to get through their own season and coach their own guys. Do you really think they care if a 17/18 year old is playing anywhere? Have they announced their Covid protocols? Or is it just a play at your own risk type of league. Sounds great to leave school, go full remote, play 2 games and still get Covid. Facts matter folks.

Is there info posted about this league anywhere? When does it run? Where do they play? How much it costs? Is it games and practices? Arent kids in school still? Help me understand!

Middle of April until June
4 teams
2-3 practices and 2 games a week
Somewhere in MA
Covid Schmovid

Taken the Top 40 F 30 D and 8 G out of 500+ applicants is a no win. Is it just NHL draft eligible kids they taking? Are you really going to take a small 05 over a grown 02 or 03? What's to criteria for picking kids? If the kid played less than 5 games this year should he be taken seeing the purpose of the league was to get exposure for kids who didn't play due to the pandemic? Love how open they are about everything but not a good business move. Is it just New England residents or is it open to all states/ countries? Maybe its NZ start rating? Cant wait to see rosters, will be Dboard gold and NZ membership is going to get clobbered.

Anon
Taken the Top 40 F 30 D and 8 G out of 500+ applicants is a no win. Is it just NHL draft eligible kids they taking? Are you really going to take a small 05 over a grown 02 or 03? What's to criteria for picking kids? If the kid played less than 5 games this year should he be taken seeing the purpose of the league was to get exposure for kids who didn't play due to the pandemic? Love how open they are about everything but not a good business move. Is it just New England residents or is it open to all states/ countries? Maybe its NZ start rating? Cant wait to see rosters, will be Dboard gold and NZ membership is going to get clobbered.
Heard it's being live streamed or annouced on their twitter account starting at 10am. Each pick round by round

anon
Anon
Taken the Top 40 F 30 D and 8 G out of 500+ applicants is a no win. Is it just NHL draft eligible kids they taking? Are you really going to take a small 05 over a grown 02 or 03? What\'s to criteria for picking kids? If the kid played less than 5 games this year should he be taken seeing the purpose of the league was to get exposure for kids who didn\'t play due to the pandemic? Love how open they are about everything but not a good business move. Is it just New England residents or is it open to all states/ countries? Maybe its NZ start rating? Cant wait to see rosters, will be Dboard gold and NZ membership is going to get clobbered.
Heard it's being live streamed or annouced on their twitter account starting at 10am. Each pick round by round
That’s gay. Just put out the rosters and move on. Can’t wait to see the amount of canceled subscriptions around 1:00 tomorrow afternoon.
Good news is we picked 80 players, bad news is we only have 80 subscribers now.

This league has nothing to do with kids who lost a season, this league will be full of D1 commits, guys back from USHL and Central scouting kids.
If you are a MIAA kid, don’t get your hopes up, if your an average prep player, don’t get your hopes up, this league is not for you guys

Serious question,

Does my kid ( young man) stand a better chance of being drafted if i “ Like” all of the Twitter posts from the founders of the PHL?

Anon
Serious question,

Does my kid ( young man) stand a better chance of being drafted if i “ Like” all of the Twitter posts from the founders of the PHL?
Depends, are you an a sshole? if so, then probably not.

There's the tweet of justification. We want the players that D1 scouts couldn't see enough of. So the 1%ers are the ones they want. Now, they need to get those 1%ers to pay. This has been entertaining to watch unfold. Thank you NZ.

Not many high end players are Interested in it. No upside, still a dead period. Save the money and use it on a skating coach.

Thanks Jeff Cox. NZ is hiring when the timing is right for you.

Why didn’t they take anyone from Dexter?

Good group of picks but are all of these borders going remote just to play for 10 weeks in front of nobody? Team Black. I’ll take the players I saw last night.. all of them.

Guys, now they have to convince all those players to pay for it. Games are going to end up being 7v9

You don’t think the kids who were selected want to play?? The boys emailed their availability because they want a hockey season. For the most part they go to schools that charge $50k/yr, you think money is going to be a problem?

Stop trying to crap on one of the only groups that is trying to help these boys.

This is the same boring list of kids we have been seeing since brick tryouts 9 years ago. Way to go out on a limb and invite deserving kids that could use a chance to be seen rather than the ones that have been shoved down everyone’s throats forever. Zzzzzz

Ouch! Sorry your bender got cut!

And there is the same boring response.

You’ve been harboring this anger and jealousy for 9 years?!? Get help man.

Yeah what he said

Jim Mason
Yeah what he said
When is the Brick for the 03 kids?

Will they be not be playing each other? I’ll put a few teams of the field together to play the chosen ones. You think now that MA is opening up these kids want to spend 5 days a week for 10 weeks back in the rink. Nope.

Anon
This is the same boring list of kids we have been seeing since brick tryouts 9 years ago. Way to go out on a limb and invite deserving kids that could use a chance to be seen rather than the ones that have been shoved down everyone’s throats forever. Zzzzzz
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or "guys that played with Ian" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) "voted" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.

Haha. Love the mafia talk tough guy

Curious how so many "out of region" kids plan to participate in the league. The real shame will be if some of these kids took the spot of a local kid and only plan to show up once a week...

^^Agree, they missed the mark with this one. Good news is that now all these kids are locked into a small league playing only each other. Local kids that actually need exposure now have the opportunity to fill spots on established teams and play in the better events. Zero kids will want to be alternates for these guys now, hope they get full rosters for all their games.

anon
^^Agree, they missed the mark with this one. Good news is that now all these kids are locked into a small league playing only each other. Local kids that actually need exposure now have the opportunity to fill spots on established teams and play in the better events. Zero kids will want to be alternates for these guys now, hope they get full rosters for all their games.
Didn't think of that. Hi kid x, we didn't draft you but now we need players, wanna come fill in? Oh hey coach, go F yourself and your "league"! Its gonna be grand!

You think they are going to ask parents to swing by and pick up 4 /5 players every skate?

This is going to be so great to watch!

Anon
Anon
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or "guys that played with Ian" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) "voted" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.
Maybe those kids 4-5 years ago that people were talking about are STILL the ones that are generating the interest.

The league is for the TOP players in the region that D1, USHL want to see. It's for these kids to practice and play against the best in the Region.

It's not for the average Prep player or Public kid.

anon
Anon
Anon
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or \"guys that played with Ian\" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) \"voted\" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.
Maybe those kids 4-5 years ago that people were talking about are STILL the ones that are generating the interest.

The league is for the TOP players in the region that D1, USHL want to see. It's for these kids to practice and play against the best in the Region.

It's not for the average Prep player or Public kid.
I guess this years draft will tell us how amazing these kids are

1 big decision all kids and families need to make is coaching. Are these old timers who you want coaching/developing young athletes? Lots of whiteboard work and screaming in the future for the “drafted” player. Do this drill, little Tommy, go show how to do it, I can’t my knee hurts. 1 coach may never leave the couch.
The

In all honesty this was the last straw, my son wants to quit because of this stupid draft. We talk about kids mental health but literally s hit on them at the same time. These guys are complete d icks, don’t trust them for a second, last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.

My son was picked and 1 piece of advice for all of those who were selected. When discussing the fee, remember that they need you more than your kid needs this league. Consumer power at its finest. A draft for a pay league?

Anon
In all honesty this was the last straw, my son wants to quit because of this stupid draft. We talk about kids mental health but literally s hit on them at the same time. These guys are complete d icks, don’t trust them for a second, last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.
Man that was not the intention of any of these guys. Hard pill to swallow especially during this time. Tell your kid to reach out to his coach, there are lots of opportunities out there for hockey players, don’t let this derail anything for your player.

Anon
Not sure what you mean by “ last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.”. My kid was drafted, but at no time did we lobby to get him selected.

Anon
Anon
Not sure what you mean by “ last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.”. My kid was drafted, but at no time did we lobby to get him selected.
You had no clue? Let me guess, your from Dexter and completely surprised.

I don’t know, I guess we just took them at their word that they were speaking to junior, college and NHL coaches and scouts. And no my bender doesn’t attend dexter.