email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PHL

There's the tweet of justification. We want the players that D1 scouts couldn't see enough of. So the 1%ers are the ones they want. Now, they need to get those 1%ers to pay. This has been entertaining to watch unfold. Thank you NZ.

Not many high end players are Interested in it. No upside, still a dead period. Save the money and use it on a skating coach.

Thanks Jeff Cox. NZ is hiring when the timing is right for you.

Why didn’t they take anyone from Dexter?

Good group of picks but are all of these borders going remote just to play for 10 weeks in front of nobody? Team Black. I’ll take the players I saw last night.. all of them.

Guys, now they have to convince all those players to pay for it. Games are going to end up being 7v9

You don’t think the kids who were selected want to play?? The boys emailed their availability because they want a hockey season. For the most part they go to schools that charge $50k/yr, you think money is going to be a problem?

Stop trying to crap on one of the only groups that is trying to help these boys.

This is the same boring list of kids we have been seeing since brick tryouts 9 years ago. Way to go out on a limb and invite deserving kids that could use a chance to be seen rather than the ones that have been shoved down everyone’s throats forever. Zzzzzz

Ouch! Sorry your bender got cut!

And there is the same boring response.

You’ve been harboring this anger and jealousy for 9 years?!? Get help man.

Yeah what he said

Jim Mason
Yeah what he said
When is the Brick for the 03 kids?

Will they be not be playing each other? I’ll put a few teams of the field together to play the chosen ones. You think now that MA is opening up these kids want to spend 5 days a week for 10 weeks back in the rink. Nope.

Anon
This is the same boring list of kids we have been seeing since brick tryouts 9 years ago. Way to go out on a limb and invite deserving kids that could use a chance to be seen rather than the ones that have been shoved down everyone’s throats forever. Zzzzzz
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or "guys that played with Ian" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) "voted" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.

Haha. Love the mafia talk tough guy

Curious how so many "out of region" kids plan to participate in the league. The real shame will be if some of these kids took the spot of a local kid and only plan to show up once a week...

^^Agree, they missed the mark with this one. Good news is that now all these kids are locked into a small league playing only each other. Local kids that actually need exposure now have the opportunity to fill spots on established teams and play in the better events. Zero kids will want to be alternates for these guys now, hope they get full rosters for all their games.

anon
^^Agree, they missed the mark with this one. Good news is that now all these kids are locked into a small league playing only each other. Local kids that actually need exposure now have the opportunity to fill spots on established teams and play in the better events. Zero kids will want to be alternates for these guys now, hope they get full rosters for all their games.
Didn't think of that. Hi kid x, we didn't draft you but now we need players, wanna come fill in? Oh hey coach, go F yourself and your "league"! Its gonna be grand!

You think they are going to ask parents to swing by and pick up 4 /5 players every skate?

This is going to be so great to watch!

Anon
Anon
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or "guys that played with Ian" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) "voted" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.
Maybe those kids 4-5 years ago that people were talking about are STILL the ones that are generating the interest.

The league is for the TOP players in the region that D1, USHL want to see. It's for these kids to practice and play against the best in the Region.

It's not for the average Prep player or Public kid.

anon
Anon
Anon
Who drafted these kids, Jeff Cox? Should have just kept Dexter and St. Sebs in tact and picked 4 teams of kids to play and made it a 6 league team. Were there any Coaches kids, Ex-NHLers, or \"guys that played with Ian\" kids not picked? There is nothing neutral about these picks, nothing at all. Targets all over these kids now, cant wait to play them. Question, could you let the other 540 kids know if any scouts(NHL,College, Jr) \"voted\" for them? Seems like a service your company would would do for all players. Us New Yorkers would love to schedule some games with your chosen boys.
Maybe those kids 4-5 years ago that people were talking about are STILL the ones that are generating the interest.

The league is for the TOP players in the region that D1, USHL want to see. It's for these kids to practice and play against the best in the Region.

It's not for the average Prep player or Public kid.
I guess this years draft will tell us how amazing these kids are

1 big decision all kids and families need to make is coaching. Are these old timers who you want coaching/developing young athletes? Lots of whiteboard work and screaming in the future for the “drafted” player. Do this drill, little Tommy, go show how to do it, I can’t my knee hurts. 1 coach may never leave the couch.
The

In all honesty this was the last straw, my son wants to quit because of this stupid draft. We talk about kids mental health but literally s hit on them at the same time. These guys are complete d icks, don’t trust them for a second, last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.

My son was picked and 1 piece of advice for all of those who were selected. When discussing the fee, remember that they need you more than your kid needs this league. Consumer power at its finest. A draft for a pay league?

Anon
In all honesty this was the last straw, my son wants to quit because of this stupid draft. We talk about kids mental health but literally s hit on them at the same time. These guys are complete d icks, don’t trust them for a second, last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.
Man that was not the intention of any of these guys. Hard pill to swallow especially during this time. Tell your kid to reach out to his coach, there are lots of opportunities out there for hockey players, don’t let this derail anything for your player.

Anon
Not sure what you mean by “ last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.”. My kid was drafted, but at no time did we lobby to get him selected.

Anon
Anon
Not sure what you mean by “ last week he was in, all of a sudden not on the radar.”. My kid was drafted, but at no time did we lobby to get him selected.
You had no clue? Let me guess, your from Dexter and completely surprised.

I don’t know, I guess we just took them at their word that they were speaking to junior, college and NHL coaches and scouts. And no my bender doesn’t attend dexter.

This started off as a nice idea but ended up completely off the rails with too many voices telling them what to do. It was about having a local opportunity for high end player that missed out this winter. For them to be seen. It has ended up with players from all over and has that typical feel. It is the same old crap. MS and CJF are playing in the ushl. Do they need to be seen. No. MC is committed to Harvard. Give me a break. WK is related to the Lovells and is good but does it belong in this list. Players from VT Academy and boarding schools in NY???? ‘01s? There are so many great players missing. Good news for RB hockey there are 500+ players waiting for a spring league.

WOW...That is awesome! Where in the USHL are these guys playing? That league keeps pretty good stats on their website even if you just dress for a game, you are listed.

There is a big difference between "visiting" your USHL team and "playing" for your USHL team.

Anon
I don’t know, I guess we just took them at their word that they were speaking to junior, college and NHL coaches and scouts. And no my bender doesn’t attend dexter.
Name one kid who either has a college commitment or drafted by the USHL that wasn'tselected?

anon
Anon
Name one kid who either has a college commitment or drafted by the USHL that wasn'tselected?
Are these the Brick tryout lists? When is the Brick? Are these kids eligible for the Q? Please, someone do a where are they now post/

Dumb ass question. You had to apply to be considered. Obviously many players didnt even apply due to conflicts.

Gotta love the 14-15yo picks, they sure missed out on a lot during this pandemic and need the extra exposure because why?

My son brought this league to my attention Saturday. I’m a bit of a law nerd and find this fascinating. A company that charges a fee to customers for unbiased analysis of athletes is now offering “some” of there customers a new completely biased service. Does not get more unethical than this. That’s like the cable company offering your neighbor HBO for $10 per month but not offering you anything because they like them more. Unethical.
The other part is they give athletes star ratings on their site as part of their service. So let’s say there are 20 kids with the same unbiased star rating but only 8 were offered a spot in their league, unfortunately that falls under discrimination by law. That could have been avoided by holding a tryout.
Like I said I’m a law nerd and some of it is cheeky but it is business law. I would guess consumers will drop their subscriptions but these are hockey parents so who knows what legal actions they will take.
In short, don’t offer biased services to select customers.

I have read some ridiculous stuff on this website but claiming that picking some kids and not others to play in a spring hockey league constitutes discrimination may be the dumbest.

There is nothing “neutral” when you hold a draft picking kids. Nice idea but horribly executed and a dumb move in general. Why do mostly committed kids need a showcase when they haven’t really lost anything? I haven’t heard of any de-commits because of covid. It’s the kids who aren’t committed that have been hosed the most. That draft was far from independent and watching it live they showed their cards with some of their comments where they let it slip. Practically though, good luck getting half these kids to pay the full $, attend these practices and show up to games when they are in Vermont? and CT? Some of the kids they drafted play high level lax and baseball which didn’t have a season last year so they are anxious to play. At the same time, colleges are in a dead period until May 31st so no one you care about is watching this live and they already committed a decent amount already so they don’t need to watch crappy video of ‘02s and ‘03s playing ‘06s to judge their game further. I know some of the committed kids are being told its not worth the injury risk by their agents. What bothers me is seeing kids who don’t touch the ice at their prep school being selected because of their connections but yea the NHL independent scouts really want to see that ’05. It’s comical and further evidence of how the hockey world truly works and this time disguised under the banner of an unbiased web site. Basically every kid taken was connected either by an agent or by one organization/owner where one guy from NZ works. I’m obviously ****** they didn’t draft my kid who got screwed but he’ll use it as motivation and stay at it because he loves the sport and is driven. I actually do hope it works out for the uncommitted kids in the league and they drafted a lot of talented kids but I won’t be reading about it as I cancelled my subscription. Hard to pay for a neutral service when its clearly BS.

My son didn't "apply" as he is out of state and won't be leaving school for this. But I can understand the frustration. It comes down to what NZ's mission statement is. Is it to scout players and write as much on the top players so that they can say "look, we wrote about him 9 times in 2 years" when they do well, OR, is it to promote all players and try and find players that others may not be talking about.

If the latter, they likely should have just created a "non-committed" league - anyone with a college commit or high levels junior tender / draft pick should not be eligible. Instead what they have done is just created another off season skills camp.

Huge misstep by these guys. Alienated 99.9% of their customer base for what? I would guess someone wants to get into coaching ranks again or better scouting situation? Blow it up and move on. What a mess created for no reason at all. Can't stand by a company like this, subscription cancelled.

IM didn’t get to see them enough at the BJE’s Skills sessions or the private lessons at Boch. Not even the best forwards on the team. The best DMan is there and he doesn’t live on the North Shore. Nepotism and Cronyism alive and well.
#Pals Hockey League

Based on the rosters, I would be shocked if this starts before June. You have seniors at boarding schools that won't be back until June. If they are on campus, why would they leave campus for their last couple months of HS to play against kids they have been playing with against their whole lives.

Not to mention many in that group play baseball and lacrosse for their schools so not sure how that will work.

All Jr Eagles and IM Skills guys for the 06’s. Not a coincidence.

They picked 06's? Why would an 02 or 03 want to play with 06's - especially if they just came of their prep team playing with/against younger kids. I don't care if it is Gretzky...that makes no sense.

Anon
Why didn’t they take anyone from Dexter?
IM took MC with first pick 4th overall

Re: PHL Team ACT (Blue)

https://www.eliteprospects.com/premium-roster/16006/phl-team-act

This league is full of talent, but who is going to be happy on a third line? 1 puck, 5 guys at a time. Can’t wait to watch this! Kaaaboom! Pssst.. be prepared for locker room fights.

Anon
This league is full of talent, but who is going to be happy on a third line? 1 puck, 5 guys at a time. Can’t wait to watch this! Kaaaboom! Pssst.. be prepared for locker room fights.
Well it will be a great lesson for these kids that they need to work hard. Much like when they play in college.

anon
Anon
Well it will be a great lesson for these kids that they need to work hard. Much like when they play in college.

Yeah, let’s go with that

Re: PHL Team Black

https://www.eliteprospects.com/premium-roster/52421/phl-team-black

Re: PHL Team SullyMac

https://www.eliteprospects.com/premium-roster/52424/phl-team-sullymac

Re: PHL Team

https://www.eliteprospects.com/premium-roster/52429/phl-team-red

If you're so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

Anon
If you're so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.
More disappointed than upset. Seemed like they were pretty fair and unbiased most of the time but this was just so blatantly unfair on so many levels. Just a complete lack of the hockey climate in New England and not seeing what is really needed for a majority of the kids right now this year. The fallout from this will lead to either the league not happening or NZ loosing lots of money on canceled subscriptions, either way, they will not be a trusted scouting agency again.

anon
Anon
If you\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.
More disappointed than upset. Seemed like they were pretty fair and unbiased most of the time but this was just so blatantly unfair on so many levels. Just a complete lack of the hockey climate in New England and not seeing what is really needed for a majority of the kids right now this year. The fallout from this will lead to either the league not happening or NZ loosing lots of money on canceled subscriptions, either way, they will not be a trusted scouting agency again.
I am sure they will lose sleep over you cancelling.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it's gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn't selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn't put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It's "like get into an Ivy".

murphy did say "its like getting into an ivy" - what he left out was the college admission scandal version of getting into an ivy where shady backroom deals were done. Seems like the right comparison to the crap that went on here.

anon
anon
Anon
If you\\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it's gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn't selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn't put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It's "like get into an Ivy".
May not lose sleep over 1 or 2 people leaving, but what about 100 or 200? Will that hurt? For the record, it was for "kids who haven't played a season due to the pandemic" and then they turned it into a draft and took Dexter, Jr Eagles, St. Sebs, and anyone who was committed. Call it what you want but it was wrong. The ivy thing was a CYA statement.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
If you\\\\\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it\'s gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn\'t selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn\'t put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It\'s \"like get into an Ivy\".
May not lose sleep over 1 or 2 people leaving, but what about 100 or 200? Will that hurt? For the record, it was for "kids who haven't played a season due to the pandemic" and then they turned it into a draft and took Dexter, Jr Eagles, St. Sebs, and anyone who was committed. Call it what you want but it was wrong. The ivy thing was a CYA statement.
Didn't Prep have an abreviated season vs the publics?

There was alot of press on the Public shcool season so it's time for the Elite players to be seen

anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
If you\\\\\\\\\\\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it\\\'s gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn\\\'t selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn\\\'t put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It\\\'s \\\"like get into an Ivy\\\".
May not lose sleep over 1 or 2 people leaving, but what about 100 or 200? Will that hurt? For the record, it was for \"kids who haven\'t played a season due to the pandemic\" and then they turned it into a draft and took Dexter, Jr Eagles, St. Sebs, and anyone who was committed. Call it what you want but it was wrong. The ivy thing was a CYA statement.
Didn't Prep have an abreviated season vs the publics?

There was alot of press on the Public shcool season so it's time for the Elite players to be seen
There will be another 200 07's to be signed up then 200 08's etc..

Are you still subcribing t:grinning: o see what is written about your 17 year old?

ebug
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it\\\\\\\'s gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn\\\\\\\'t selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn\\\\\\\'t put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\\"like get into an Ivy\\\\\\\".
May not lose sleep over 1 or 2 people leaving, but what about 100 or 200? Will that hurt? For the record, it was for \\\"kids who haven\\\'t played a season due to the pandemic\\\" and then they turned it into a draft and took Dexter, Jr Eagles, St. Sebs, and anyone who was committed. Call it what you want but it was wrong. The ivy thing was a CYA statement.
Didn\'t Prep have an abreviated season vs the publics?

There was alot of press on the Public shcool season so it\'s time for the Elite players to be seen
There will be another 200 07's to be signed up then 200 08's etc..

Are you still subcribing t:grinning: o see what is written about your 17 year old?
Your business sense is just poor, recurring revenue is the lifeline of these business, you strive to stay at a certain number, you strive to multiply that number.

Anon
ebug
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon
If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re so upset about this, head over to Dexter and buy yourself a $50,000 jersey. That seems to be a sure way of getting into the league.

People complain that MASS or NE hockey is the same anymore and it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s gone downhill for years. Finally, someone stepped up to offer an Elite showcase/league for the best players around. You may disagree that this little johnny or that one wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t selected but it is what it is.

For the most part the list is solid. Maybe some kids didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t put their names in (ie. 05 Eagles) but they got 90% of it right. Sorry, Dexter and the Preps have the best elite kids.

They said right for the start it is not for everyone. It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"like get into an Ivy\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".
May not lose sleep over 1 or 2 people leaving, but what about 100 or 200? Will that hurt? For the record, it was for \\\\\\\"kids who haven\\\\\\\'t played a season due to the pandemic\\\\\\\" and then they turned it into a draft and took Dexter, Jr Eagles, St. Sebs, and anyone who was committed. Call it what you want but it was wrong. The ivy thing was a CYA statement.
Didn\\\'t Prep have an abreviated season vs the publics?

There was alot of press on the Public shcool season so it\\\'s time for the Elite players to be seen
There will be another 200 07\'s to be signed up then 200 08\'s etc..

Your business sense is just poor, recurring revenue is the lifeline of these business, you strive to stay at a certain number, you strive to multiply that number.
So Charlie McAvoy parents are still subscribing to New England/NY Hockey Journal?

Hint, once your kid hits the elite level, tell him not to look at what is written, nor should you. Cancel the subscrition

Complete dirtbags. IM just treating these kids like sheep. Dirtbags. Then Murphy saying it’s like ivy, GTFOOH with the Ivy talk, you took committed kids who have been playing, you took all of Dexter who have been playing, and you took all the nhl kids, Greer, UFKM, your all a joke. You lie, your dirtbags, you deserve the worse. Hope you lose NZ and drive a zamboni rest of your life. Some guy picking every kid he watched from rivers/ st sebs game the day before. You just became the biggest part of the problem in NE hockey. F ucking losers to do that to kids, I hope it blows up on you.
Sincerely
Every kid you just hosed

Every single kid on the U18 Eagles picked except their goalie. What’s that all about?

The goalie's dad wasn't willing to suck Jaffe off when he asked.

Not worried about their business model, they just put out a new report of 150 D2/D3 kids in MIAA. That should help jack up the revenue stream for a while.

This thing has the feel of when The Prospects Superskills first started years ago. Will be cool for the first month or so, then, meh....

Seriously - is there any other reason to post a report about "B rated" MIAA D3 players other than to make parents pay to see what was written about them?

anon
Seriously - is there any other reason to post a report about "B rated" MIAA D3 players other than to make parents pay to see what was written about them?
"So your saying there's a chance"

Hard to say this is "Neutral" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn't give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep's to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.

Anon
Hard to say this is "Neutral" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn't give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep's to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.
You are more than welcome to start your own league, invite scouts and coaches, get the coaches to run practices.
The BEST and ELITE kids in NE are from Dexter and the Preps. Get over it. Were than snubs, yes but some of those maybe hurt or didn't even put their name in the hat.

It seem the parents are more upset than the kids. I am sure IM really doesn't care what Daddy thinks

anon
Anon
Hard to say this is \"Neutral\" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn\'t give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep\'s to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.
You are more than welcome to start your own league, invite scouts and coaches, get the coaches to run practices.
The BEST and ELITE kids in NE are from Dexter and the Preps. Get over it. Were than snubs, yes but some of those maybe hurt or didn't even put their name in the hat.

It seem the parents are more upset than the kids. I am sure IM really doesn't care what Daddy thinks
IM lost all credibility with this thing, to bad. Maybe he can be an assistant at Dexter? Waterboy?

As an agent/advisor to a few of the kids selected, they will not be taking part in this. No need, better off focusing on off season work. Also, I don't think the kids from NJ/CA/IA,MT, etc.. will be making the trip for this so it will not be worth the time and money. Good luck!

Anon
anon
Anon
Hard to say this is \"Neutral\" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn\'t give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep\'s to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.

IM lost all credibility with this thing, to bad. Maybe he can be an assistant at Dexter? Waterboy?
I know this may be hard to believe, but it is very likely that Ian gave the list to 14 scouts, and they said these are the kids they want to see. Mine is not one of them. I do not view that as a plot to screw my kid. I view it as reality.
Does it mean a bunch of hockey guys always pick the right kids? No, but 14 people who do this for a living likely picked this crew.
And it is exactly what Ian said he would do from the outset.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Hard to say this is \\\"Neutral\\\" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn\\\'t give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep\\\'s to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.
The BEST and ELITE kids in NE are from Dexter and the Preps. Get over it. Were than snubs, yes but some of those maybe hurt or didn\'t even put their name in the hat.

It seem the parents are more upset than the kids. I am sure IM really doesn\'t care what Daddy thinks
I know this may be hard to believe, but it is very likely that Ian gave the list to 14 scouts, and they said these are the kids they want to see. Mine is not one of them. I do not view that as a plot to screw my kid. I view it as reality.
Does it mean a bunch of hockey guys always pick the right kids? No, but 14 people who do this for a living likely picked this crew.
Might be true. As a scouting service, you would think they would post the names of ALL the kids and show how many scouts voted for each kid. That would be the most valuable service they can offer as it would give kids a real sense of where they fit in or not. If 5 scouts picked a kid, maybe that would give the kid some confidence as opposed to just saying no, your not good enough. Maybe could be a chance to save face. I mean scouting is what we are paying for right? They just named 150 DIV 2 and 3 MIAA players, they surely could produce this report also, unless it was just all bullshi.
I just cant see 14 scouts saying, we really want to see every player from JR Eagles U18, Dexter, St. Sebs oh and that 1 kid from CA and those 4 from CT oh and that kid from MT and don't forget that 06, he's a beast. Cmon man.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Hard to say this is \\\"Neutral\\\" when 12 of them are from Dexter. Doesn\\\'t give some others a chance who could have been picked when entire teams are asked to play. Just ask the top four prep\\\'s to put a teams in and have them play together. Set up another division with some kids who could compete. Let them have a playoffs at the end and see how they all do. Better set up.
The BEST and ELITE kids in NE are from Dexter and the Preps. Get over it. Were than snubs, yes but some of those maybe hurt or didn\'t even put their name in the hat.

It seem the parents are more upset than the kids. I am sure IM really doesn\'t care what Daddy thinks
NHL Central Scouting and USHL scouts have never watched and have no interest in at least half of the kids drafted, so they don’t even know who they are. Also you have brothers on the same team which just shows that this was all pre planned. And during the draft BM saying he knew who he was going to take with his first overall pick before the kid even applied for the draft. But they still say the scouts had all the say.

Just saw that Neutral Zone is teasing a new 500 player scouting report on house league hockey teams and learn to skate. Only a matter of time before IM and M driving a TL style porsches. Got to love the hockey world.

It's a spring hockey league guys, wtf. I know that getting left behind sucks but C'mon. The NZ guys are laughing at you and you will eventually make it to one of their twitter skits before long. The whole thing and the reaction is comical. Who cares. .......So your kid wasn't invited to the Kool Kid Club, who cares, let it go.

Anon
It's a spring hockey league guys, wtf. I know that getting left behind sucks but C'mon. The NZ guys are laughing at you and you will eventually make it to one of their twitter skits before long. The whole thing and the reaction is comical. Who cares. .......So your kid wasn't invited to the Kool Kid Club, who cares, let it go.
Can't. Not this year. They lied to the kids. They must and will be held accountable for this crap.

They “lied to the kids” because your kid didn’t get selected? Basically they did everything they promised to do but you had unrealistic expectations and are upset. Is it IMs fault that you think your kid is better than he is?

Check out the NZ star ratings of the kids selected. Pretty much matches validates everyone who was picked.

Anon
They “lied to the kids” because your kid didn’t get selected? Basically they did everything they promised to do but you had unrealistic expectations and are upset. Is it IMs fault that you think your kid is better than he is?

Check out the NZ star ratings of the kids selected. Pretty much matches validates everyone who was picked.
Didn't think of it that way..seems my kid is a 3.75 but lost out to 3.25, or 3.5 or not rated players. 1 big difference is that my son never played for the Jr Eagles, Dexter or had a head coach that hung with Ian. My bad. Hope the kids they picked are successful but hope the coaches all fall on their face or get beaned with a slapper at practice.

Anon
Anon

Didn't think of it that way..seems my kid is a 3.75 but lost out to 3.25, or 3.5 or not rated players. 1 big difference is that my son never played for the Jr Eagles, Dexter or had a head coach that hung with Ian. My bad. Hope the kids they picked are successful but hope the coaches all fall on their face or get beaned with a slapper at practice.
Don't forget there will be a Affiliate league your 3.75 Star can play in at Marlboro

Better yet, lets just have NZ post all the results of kids. Then you can see how many did not select your kid

Anon
Anon

Didn\\\'t think of it that way..seems my kid is a 3.75 but lost out to 3.25, or 3.5 or not rated players. 1 big difference is that my son never played for the Jr Eagles, Dexter or had a head coach that hung with Ian. My bad. Hope the kids they picked are successful but hope the coaches all fall on their face or get beaned with a slapper at practice.
I know a kid who plays for the Jr Eagles, played for Dexter and had IM as a coach. He still didn’t make it so don’t feel too bad

anon
Anon
Anon

Didn\\\\\\\'t think of it that way..seems my kid is a 3.75 but lost out to 3.25, or 3.5 or not rated players. 1 big difference is that my son never played for the Jr Eagles, Dexter or had a head coach that hung with Ian. My bad. Hope the kids they picked are successful but hope the coaches all fall on their face or get beaned with a slapper at practice.
I know a kid who plays for the Jr Eagles, played for Dexter and had IM as a coach. He still didn’t make it so don’t feel too bad
Nah, its all good, saved me 2K and a long drive, Money better spent for offseason in June

Murphy looking for help with website and 540 dudes who know how to do it are just flipping him off!

Anon
Murphy looking for help with website and 540 dudes who know how to do it are just flipping him off!
Maybe call Dexter tech support? Those are Harvard kids you know. FYI Murph, ivy kids know how to do that stuff.

If your kid is an 06 or older than you know how the game is played. Your kid is either good and deserves a spot on the team or in the league, or you or your college roommate are involved in the decisions of who gets a spot. If you don't fall into one of those categories ,then suck it up. Remember back to squirts when you pulled the same stuff,now the stakes are higher and you don't have any strings to pull UNLESS your kid is good and deserves a spot on the team or you or your college roommate are on team NZ. Capitalism at its finest!

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

You had to apply to be considered.

Jesus. Kids had to 'apply'. Wasn't a 'at large' consideration.

A lot of good ones did not/ are not doing it as there are other things to do in Spring.
These 'scouts' picked from the applications/ kids and their parents put their name in for -

a consideration to play hockey in May and June (and pay for it).. not from the best.

Least try to put in a coherent thought. They sold the lemonade (much like their subscriptions).
Some folks bought and will buy it.

This whole post sums up New England Hockey in a nutshell. People with money b itching over there kid being selected or not selected to this league. It has nothing to do with the best kids in the region playing hockey.

Everybody calm down and repeat after me.

PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS

JC and IM want you all to get along. Their income relies on it.

IM should care about what the parents think, they pay for the subscriptions

Anon
Check that.. parents paid the subscription, as in no longer pay these azzholes

Anon
Anon
Check that.. parents paid the subscription, as in no longer pay these azzholes
Publish the lists and let the parents know that their kid wasn't on any of the roster of kids that were sent back.

Is this thread still alive? Move on people, it does not matter.No one will be paying attention. What did your kid get on his chemistry test? A much better thing to focus on.

No shot of this thread going away until every subscription is gone. Consumers need to know these guys are garbage. They showed their true colors with this crap and deserve to be driven out of business, 1 consumer at a time. Sleep well a zzholes!

Sorry NZ cut your kid.

Anon
Sorry NZ cut your kid.
Not yet, my kid is an 07, but the evidence supports that these guys screwed over a number of more deserving kid just because they like the Dexter, Eagles crew.

My kid just text me that he is a 3.5 star..what does that mean? Help out an old dad here.

Anon
My kid just text me that he is a 3.5 star..what does that mean? Help out an old dad here.
Means he isn’t very good.

Anon
Anon
See that’s what I thought to, but he plays for free and playing ECAC next year, so who knows? Crazy right? Maybe he can get you tickets.

Anon
Anon
Anon
See that’s what I thought to, but he plays for free and playing ECAC next year, so who knows? Crazy right? Maybe he can get you tickets.
Awesome. I am interested in tickets. What program ?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Awesome. I am interested in tickets. What program ?
The big green

Been traveling non stop. What is this league all about? Can I throw some cash at it and get my son in?

anon
Been traveling non stop. What is this league all about? Can I throw some cash at it and get my son in?
Looking for sponsors, send an email, money always talks

1 2