High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prep Schools require vax

I call BS. Name the school.

Buddy I wish it was BS. These kids are screwed!

Send this to your school health services team and see what their response is:
What We Know:
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing COVID-19, including severe illness and death.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective against severe disease and death from variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 currently circulating in the United States, including the Delta variant.
Infections happen in only a small proportion of people who are fully vaccinated, even with the Delta variant. When these infections occur among vaccinated people, they tend to be mild.
If you are fully vaccinated and become infected with the Delta variant, you can spread the virus to others.
People with weakened immune systems, including people who take immunosuppressive medications, may not be protected even if fully vaccinated.

There is no way a vaccinated teen should be forced to wear a mask indoors at a school that they live at, there is no science for that.

USPHL is going to be really good again this year. Teams will be loaded with 02/03 talent

Tons of Prep coaches at Summer events, no masks, telling kids they will not need masks on campus if they are vaccinated. This could go south, fast!

Anon
Vaccination required, but still masks in all indoor settings including Classes, Dorm, rink. No dinning hall, boxed food again. No leaving campus for the foreseeable future.
No hanging out in other dorms, no hanging out on other floors of your dorm. Sounds like our local prison right? No, it’s our sons prep school which we are pulling him from today. Oh, and no remote learning available this year as it’s not needed now that the kids are vaccinated. I s hit you not, thats what they told us. Forgot testing, weekly testing for month and then prior to sports event. No spectators for indoor sports.
If true, I'm glad we said "NO" to the prep schools this year for this reason alone. No one knows what may happen and it's not worth the $$$ hoping. My son can always transfer in next year and repeat.

Unvaccinated people currently account for 99.5 percent of COVID-related deaths and about 97 percent of hospitalizations. If schools are requiring vaccination then they would locking your kids up on a .5 chance of death and a 3% chance of going to the hospital. That's the real science here!

Dr
Unvaccinated people currently account for 99.5 percent of COVID-related deaths and about 97 percent of hospitalizations. If schools are requiring vaccination then they would locking your kids up on a .5 chance of death and a 3% chance of going to the hospital. That's the real science here!
Thanks Don lemon

Deerfield Academy has their stuff together. All written out on their webpage and with information sent to families. Its going to be a great year!

Winchendon and Cushing will be locked down

Anon
Winchendon and Cushing will be locked down
Winch- no way will it be on lockdown. Cushing- possible, they have Fauci and his team running the show. PP won’t have a team to coach.

So All these Preps require vaccination to be on campus, but you must wear a mask at all times on campus, you cant leave campus and nobody can come to campus. No chance I would put my kid through that. Hopefully you guys have time to request refund?

My son's prep school has none of these rules except required vax.

anon
My son's prep school has none of these rules except required vax.
For now.......

Where did you find this info? Nothing new posted on either website. I cant see either doing this again this year, 70% if not higher of these 2 schools are athletes and more importantly Hockey.

Regardless of what has been written on school websites and said in emails to parents, all independent schools will follow the CDC guidelines once classes start. There is too much potential liability associated with failing to follow the guidelines and almost no risk associated with following the guidelines. Tuition contracts were signed months ago so families must pay the tuition for the school year regardless of whether the kids attend. Current CDC guidelines are K-12 masking regardless of vaccination status. Not saying I agree with the policy, but following the guidelines is a rational school management decision. Read them and weep https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/k-12-guidance.html

Where in those guidelines does it say kids are locked down, can't leave campus, or people aren't allowed on campus?

Feel terrible for these kids who have no say in their freedoms. The schools will lock them in, will not offer remote learning, will cancel winter sports again this year and for years to come until the variants are under control or the FDA gives full approval to the vaccine. Life will never be the same.

Anon
Feel terrible for these kids who have no say in their freedoms. The schools will lock them in, will not offer remote learning, will cancel winter sports again this year and for years to come until the variants are under control or the FDA gives full approval to the vaccine. Life will never be the same.
Don't forget the boxed meals during quarantine? No roommates allowed, Its all coming!!! Schools do not care about sports or dance or arts, they care that kids don't spread germs to others, period. I have worked at boarding schools for years and we have already been told to expect angry calls from parents, kids to not show up, masks in all facilities, etc. Historic Boarding schools will be loosing significant funding it has come to lean on from Alumni due to their kids and grandkids hating the experience.

anon
Where in those guidelines does it say kids are locked down, can't leave campus, or people aren't allowed on campus?
Doesn't matter. You signed the contract for payment. Good luck trying to get your way!

Disappointed Parent
Regardless of what has been written on school websites and said in emails to parents, all independent schools will follow the CDC guidelines once classes start. There is too much potential liability associated with failing to follow the guidelines and almost no risk associated with following the guidelines. Tuition contracts were signed months ago so families must pay the tuition for the school year regardless of whether the kids attend. Current CDC guidelines are K-12 masking regardless of vaccination status. Not saying I agree with the policy, but following the guidelines is a rational school management decision. Read them and weep https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/k-12-guidance.html
Best decision we ever made. Saying "NO" to the prep schools last year and this year!

Anon
Disappointed Parent
Best decision we ever made. Saying "NO" to the prep schools last year and this year!
Where did he end up playing?

It’s a helpless feeling as a parent. Trying to balance the best experience both academically and athletically for your kid ends up being the worst. College coaches not responding to emails because he spent the summer in the gym and doing skills needed for the regular season and now won’t have the regular season while they were at summer events. Live and learn! Good thing we are filthy rich!

Schools will go into lockdown and wont let the vaccinated kids play on weekends in fear of infecting the anti vaxers when the vaccinated kids return to campus. u watch.

Anon
Schools will go into lockdown and wont let the vaccinated kids play on weekends in fear of infecting the anti vaxers when the vaccinated kids return to campus. u watch.
My sons split season coach keeps telling the players they have to be paid in full before they can be on the roster but cant tell him the schedule yet. You know why? Because the schools aren't going to allow kids to leave and come back regardless of vaccination. As in life, everyone caters to the minority.

Anon
Anon
My sons split season coach keeps telling the players they have to be paid in full before they can be on the roster but cant tell him the schedule yet. You know why? Because the schools aren't going to allow kids to leave and come back regardless of vaccination. As in life, everyone caters to the minority.
You are spot on and that's exactly why these guys are aggressively collecting tuitions this year. Many were able to avoid paying for split last year given the circumstances but that wont happen again. All these guys are avoiding having real jobs and this is their ticket. Kids are already bailing on the schools as of yesterday.

If the schools could block out the noise and realize that by requiring vaccination to all students, then playing schools that require the same, there is no need for lockdowns or masks or sport limitations. Have the spectators wear a mask if they feel more comfortable but let the kids have a normal experience, they have done their part and deserve it.

Cant be a good sign if schools have not relayed ANY reopening plans to parents yet

Anon
Cant be a good sign if schools have not relayed ANY reopening plans to parents yet
Yikes. Sounds like your cooked! They want to make sure all the checks cash before they give you the bad news.

Anon
Anon
Disappointed Parent
Best decision we ever made. Saying \"NO\" to the prep schools last year and this year!
Where did he end up playing?
Split season and MIAA Catholic. At least they had a season last year. He has had a blast with one set of friends on his split season team, and a blast with his other friends at school. Being MIAA Catholic hasn't stopped the preps from wanting him. He can always transfer in next year and repeat as a junior or senior when this mess is over.

74% of the population in MA have at least 1 dose. Why would schools lock these kids down.

Maybe the schools are planning on opening like they did pre-covid and will have info out in the middle of the month. Don't take silence as a bad sign.

anon
Maybe the schools are planning on opening like they did pre-covid and will have info out in the middle of the month. Don't take silence as a bad sign.
4 towns in Massachusetts have already decided to go full remote until November. More towns will fall in line.

Anon
anon
Maybe the schools are planning on opening like they did pre-covid and will have info out in the middle of the month. Don\'t take silence as a bad sign.
4 towns in Massachusetts have already decided to go full remote until November. More towns will fall in line.
Towns can't require kids to be vaccinated. Prep schools can and are.

Anon
Anon
anon
Maybe the schools are planning on opening like they did pre-covid and will have info out in the middle of the month. Don\\\'t take silence as a bad sign.
Towns can't require kids to be vaccinated. Prep schools can and are.
Towns aren’t requiring vaccines, but they are going remote

My kids ISL day school. Released last week. No masks required for vaccinated kids and teachers. Unvaccinated kids can attend school in person but need to mask up. Common sense.

Tons of prep school boarding hockey players have already had Covid AND now have the vaccine..literally the most secure population in MA. Sons school still require masks indoors but everything else is game on.

A NON
Anon
Tons of prep school boarding hockey players have already had Covid AND now have the vaccine..literally the most secure population in MA. Sons school still require masks indoors but everything else is game on.
When you say this you literally illustrate how dumb you are. The premise that if you've had the disease AND the vaccine you're more secure is obtuse and shows how much you are licking the fuzzy lollipop of science the institution and not science the philosophy. You're basically saying you have two car keys. Great, means nothing, you would have only needed one. Be better.
How about I illustrate my fist hitting your face multiple times, literally, with the premise that your an azzhole and need a fist in your face. Lighten up, ’s Covid season!

Anon
Are all Prep Schools requiring Vax for students?
I have heard from some parents and know that these are:
Williston
Thayer
Brooks
Cushing
Deefield
NMH
Taft

I would assume all of them are? Does this mean they do not need to be tested on campus or wear masks?
Again MA law precludes requirement for vaccinations. They can "require" them but you are not required to get them in order to attend. You can claim a religious exemption for the asking per MGL ch 76 &15 and they cannot prevent you from attending. They can require masks but cannot bar attendance based on vaccination status. That would be against the law in MA.

This is the form(Mass School Of Law example) that you can use as a reference. https://www.mslaw.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ReligiousExempt.Form_.pdf

Anon
Williston
Thayer
Brooks
Cushing
Deefield
NMH
Taft

I would assume all of them are? Does this mean they do not need to be tested on campus or wear masks?
Got the notice today that ISL schools will not allow unvaccinated players to play against other schools in any sports this Fall. Even though some schools may not require the vaccine to attend or practice, the ISL has decided as a cabal to essentially force people to vaccinate their children if they want to play in games against other schools. Full season hockey/non prep looking better all the time.

A NON
Anon
Williston
Thayer
Brooks
Cushing
Deefield
NMH
Taft

Got the notice today that ISL schools will not allow unvaccinated players to play against other schools in any sports this Fall. Even though some schools may not require the vaccine to attend or practice, the ISL has decided as a cabal to essentially force people to vaccinate their children if they want to play in games against other schools. Full season hockey/non prep looking better all the time.

More ice for my guy.. C Ya

A NON
Anon
Williston
Thayer
Brooks
Cushing
Deefield
NMH
Taft

Luckily, you can still risk your child’s health you’ll just have to do it outside the isl. I’m sure you’ll find someone to cash your check.

Good to hear you're keeping your bender in full season club purgatory on account you're getting your info from YouTube, Facebook, AON, and Newsmax. Have fun!

FDA grants full approval to Pfizers Covid 19 vaccine this morning for 16 and older. Think that's enough to change peoples minds on getting the vaccine?