The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
Unvaccinated people currently account for 99.5 percent of COVID-related deaths and about 97 percent of hospitalizations. If schools are requiring vaccination then they would locking your kids up on a .5 chance of death and a 3% chance of going to the hospital. That's the real science here!
Deerfield Academy has their stuff together. All written out on their webpage and with information sent to families. Its going to be a great year!
Winchendon and Cushing will be locked down
So All these Preps require vaccination to be on campus, but you must wear a mask at all times on campus, you cant leave campus and nobody can come to campus. No chance I would put my kid through that. Hopefully you guys have time to request refund?
My son's prep school has none of these rules except required vax.
Where did you find this info? Nothing new posted on either website. I cant see either doing this again this year, 70% if not higher of these 2 schools are athletes and more importantly Hockey.
Regardless of what has been written on school websites and said in emails to parents, all independent schools will follow the CDC guidelines once classes start. There is too much potential liability associated with failing to follow the guidelines and almost no risk associated with following the guidelines. Tuition contracts were signed months ago so families must pay the tuition for the school year regardless of whether the kids attend. Current CDC guidelines are K-12 masking regardless of vaccination status. Not saying I agree with the policy, but following the guidelines is a rational school management decision. Read them and weep https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/k-12-guidance.html
Where in those guidelines does it say kids are locked down, can't leave campus, or people aren't allowed on campus?
Feel terrible for these kids who have no say in their freedoms. The schools will lock them in, will not offer remote learning, will cancel winter sports again this year and for years to come until the variants are under control or the FDA gives full approval to the vaccine. Life will never be the same.
It’s a helpless feeling as a parent. Trying to balance the best experience both academically and athletically for your kid ends up being the worst. College coaches not responding to emails because he spent the summer in the gym and doing skills needed for the regular season and now won’t have the regular season while they were at summer events. Live and learn! Good thing we are filthy rich!
Schools will go into lockdown and wont let the vaccinated kids play on weekends in fear of infecting the anti vaxers when the vaccinated kids return to campus. u watch.
If the schools could block out the noise and realize that by requiring vaccination to all students, then playing schools that require the same, there is no need for lockdowns or masks or sport limitations. Have the spectators wear a mask if they feel more comfortable but let the kids have a normal experience, they have done their part and deserve it.
Cant be a good sign if schools have not relayed ANY reopening plans to parents yet
74% of the population in MA have at least 1 dose. Why would schools lock these kids down.
Maybe the schools are planning on opening like they did pre-covid and will have info out in the middle of the month. Don't take silence as a bad sign.
My kids ISL day school. Released last week. No masks required for vaccinated kids and teachers. Unvaccinated kids can attend school in person but need to mask up. Common sense.
Tons of prep school boarding hockey players have already had Covid AND now have the vaccine..literally the most secure population in MA. Sons school still require masks indoors but everything else is game on.
Good to hear you're keeping your bender in full season club purgatory on account you're getting your info from YouTube, Facebook, AON, and Newsmax. Have fun!
FDA grants full approval to Pfizers Covid 19 vaccine this morning for 16 and older. Think that's enough to change peoples minds on getting the vaccine?