Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beantown Summer Classic

Competitive games, high level of play and great coaching in front of lots of college coaches. Where’s the problem?

The problem comes from parents who are ass hurt their kid did not make the cut to get an invite.

You do know that you can just email Chris and ask him for a spot. You think all these kids are “ prospects”? You need to be on a decent team and have a check. Look at the pro division, prep, usphl and few others sprinkled in. Invite Only my arse!

I disagree. Most of the top players are in Marlboro this weekend. The place is packed with natty camp kids and kids who were on the cusp of having their name called two weeks ago. It amazes me how when kids are not good enough to get invited to these high caliber events, their mom and dad’s quickly dismiss the event as a money grab. Get your boy to skills more and into the gym a bit more and maybe he will get lucky and get an invite in the future. Place was packed with scouts and coaches looking for their next player. It’s a shame that people just can’t say it was exactly what it was advertised to be.

Anon
I disagree. Most of the top players are in Marlboro this weekend. The place is packed with natty camp kids and kids who were on the cusp of having their name called two weeks ago. It amazes me how when kids are not good enough to get invited to these high caliber events, their mom and dad’s quickly dismiss the event as a money grab. Get your boy to skills more and into the gym a bit more and maybe he will get lucky and get an invite in the future. Place was packed with scouts and coaches looking for their next player. It’s a shame that people just can’t say it was exactly what it was advertised to be.
We all see the rosters...believe what you want to believe...keep chasing the "scouts" at these summer tournaments...you're almost there...

Bottom line is these kids are being scouted this week while others are at work making minimum wage. Plenty of years ahead to earn a paycheck.
I will believe what I see and you can believe what you want to believe

And these rosters are filled with kids who have surpassed the “ names” from peewees. Time for them to get a look as well.

Where are the rosters?

Anon
Where are the rosters?
This guy should change his name to roster guy. Every time there is a post about a tournament this poor guy constantly asks for Roster location. Lol

Anon
And these rosters are filled with kids who have surpassed the “ names” from peewees. Time for them to get a look as well.
WTF are you talking about. “Time to get a look” WTF does your kid do September through March? Idiot

ewwwww, someone's sensitive about their kid having peaked at 14. Dead give away is the 18 year old kid still wearing his pee wee pants at these events. I think the guy's point is kids have passed the one time youth hockey must have kids and these events are good opportunities for some on the under the radar kids to get looks. No different than all these kids who are posting about how thankful they are for their recent commitments to XYZ college thanking all coaches and families that have supported them along the way. Truth be told, there are many better players out there not being written about but for one reason or another, the same names keep popping up and eventually they ge the temporary verbal commitment. Whole thing is a cartoon.

anon
ewwwww, someone's sensitive about their kid having peaked at 14. Dead give away is the 18 year old kid still wearing his pee wee pants at these events. I think the guy's point is kids have passed the one time youth hockey must have kids and these events are good opportunities for some on the under the radar kids to get looks. No different than all these kids who are posting about how thankful they are for their recent commitments to XYZ college thanking all coaches and families that have supported them along the way. Truth be told, there are many better players out there not being written about but for one reason or another, the same names keep popping up and eventually they ge the temporary verbal commitment. Whole thing is a cartoon.
Talk about sensitive...

Team Next Gen..All D1 Players!

rosters were interesting. Committed division had kids not committed to a college…

Anon
rosters were interesting. Committed division had kids not committed to a college…
Islanders coaches kid, NH Knights coaches kid..see the trend?

Anon
Anon
Did it work? Did they get their commitments?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Did it work? Did they get their commitments?
Lol..Nope..But a player from Next Gen did..Imagine that? Weird right

The Next Gen player that committed did not play in the Beantown tournament. However he was on the roster.

Anon
The Next Gen player that committed did not play in the Beantown tournament. However he was on the roster.
Yes, but they would like to take credit for his development! lol

So many kids right here in their backyard and they just pass right over them- sad.