The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Captains Practices

I know this has been answered in the past. Looking for some insight on Captains practices at the CC Level.
Are coaches making up the list of invites or captains? My son a junior got word of the practice as he was not invited. He's bummed as he's assuming now that he's a very long shot at making varsity. He's put in a lot of time this summer improved weaknesses hoping there are real examples out there of folks who's kids were not invited to captains practices who ended up making their varsity team the same year.

Re: Captains Practices

Sadly not. Captians practices are typically made of shoe in varsity players. Maybe 1 or 2 spots open for a kid that makes huge improvements but most CC teams are picked already. CC coaches are the worse, politics to the bone with these guys.

OP here appreciate the honesty. It’s as he thought then

Sorry but for clarity what is CC? I have found that most teams are picked before a skate has touched the ice, there may be 1 or 2 spots up for grabs but in thoses cases those spots will be given to guys from programs who feed the coach other players over others.

The hard truth is you have to be an exceptional talent if you were not brought in to play varsity. It is very hard to get oportunities to prove that you are but they are there. No one is looking for you to do it really you have to blow them away.

Catholic conference = CC

it is th truth.
could see where it was going.
was worse than town hockey
son played full season away from school
transferred to prep the next year
played juniors for year now at high end Nescac

Don’t sweat it. CC is a joke. It’s for the dumb dumb Catholic Micks who need babysitting with academics and can’t make a prep team. The priests love them though!!

Anon
Don’t sweat it. CC is a joke. It’s for the dumb dumb Catholic Micks who need babysitting with academics and can’t make a prep team. The priests love them though!!
I take it your son is a 3 year JV player @ BC High? Realizing he will age out this year…
Absolutely nothing wrong with joining the Crew and Fencing teams.

TTYL

Nope, prep player. Sorry your dumb dumb can’t make prep