Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is going on

You are too funny, AHA not real D1. If my kid was being offered a scholarship in AHA we would take it. Heck if we could afford D3 we would take an offer from them.

Anon
You are too funny, AHA not real D1. If my kid was being offered a scholarship in AHA we would take it. Heck if we could afford D3 we would take an offer from them.
It ain’t Hockey East buddy. It’s kiddie D1 and they would struggle with Top D3 programs as well as D1 some club programs.

This post is really funny.. do the kids that committed stink? or is the league bad?and if the kids stink and the league is bad it sounds like it’s a good fit? it’s so strange how many people are bitter know it alls… if you worried about your own kid and not what everyone else was doing you’d be much better off.

Great post! 100% agree. If people did this, they might actually be happy. If someone sprints to the front of a marathon, grabs their phone and posts winning the NY marathon!!! You should just relax and laugh and keep running your own race. They have a long way to go and so do you.

Major Division 1 college hockey, like Hockey East, has basically become a glorified version of the old semi-pro leagues or the IHL and East Coach Hockey League. The best players skip on by or have a cup of coffee in the league and move on the NHL and other pro leagues. And the hockey has become quite boring relative to the excitement of what college hockey once was. Would college football be as exciting with 23-24 year old players rather than the true freshmen and sophomores that shine every year? I don't think so. Does the student body get amped up to watch Uncle Ed play? Certainly, not like they once did when the players were truly student peers.

What I don't understand is how come we see all of these players committed but no goalies. Are goalies in prep just that bad?

Only a few spots for goalies. No sense comitting a ton of them. Probably the only position where they actually wait and comit when it really means something. Lots of forwards and D becasue only a couple will filter through and actually end up playing D1.

Here we go with the hockey dads of New England disparaging Atlantic hockey programs because there kids can’t get a D1 look. Sorry your kid is playing Premier. Get a life. Any kid who makes D 1 in this environment deserves a pat on the back.