Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Top 10

Does St. Sebs and Catholic Memorial still play against each other? For a while they used to play each other every year....

I don't see it on either of their schedules.

Footnote needed: Most seniors on the preps have repeated a schools year at some point whereas that is not the case for publics AND some preps have PG players who also repeated year when younger - they would typically be two years removed from HS.

there's quite a few 05's that are actually freshman at these preps so you can't compare.

I realize most of the ISL / Prep "hockey studs" have sta*** back and I know each team has at least 1-2 freshman on Varsity who are very good. I've been told by some that there are only 2-3 07's on some of these freshmen teams. What I've been shocked by is that kids who have been Tier 1 players since Mites making varsity teams. If they haven't been one of the best players in their age group, how are they now playing varsity.

Comparison
I realize most of the ISL / Prep "hockey studs" have sta*** back and I know each team has at least 1-2 freshman on Varsity who are very good. I've been told by some that there are only 2-3 07's on some of these freshmen teams. What I've been shocked by is that kids who have been Tier 1 players since Mites making varsity teams. If they haven't been one of the best players in their age group, how are they now playing varsity.
No Tier 1/ Select freshman is playing at any of the top hockey prep programs. Maybe as a junior a few shifts, play more senior year. Generally folks have shelled out 300k plus in tuition & prep related fees. ~ 300K seems to be the sweet spot.

Anon
Comparison
I realize most of the ISL / Prep \"hockey studs\" have sta*** back and I know each team has at least 1-2 freshman on Varsity who are very good. I\'ve been told by some that there are only 2-3 07\'s on some of these freshmen teams. What I\'ve been shocked by is that kids who have been Tier 1 players since Mites making varsity teams. If they haven\'t been one of the best players in their age group, how are they now playing varsity.
No Tier 1/ Select freshman is playing at any of the top hockey prep programs. Maybe as a junior a few shifts, play more senior year. Generally folks have shelled out 300k plus in tuition & prep related fees. ~ 300K seems to be the sweet spot.
$300,000? You think people pay $300,000 for a prep education? You have no concept of this market! We have paid a total of $9,500.00 per year, that includes boarding!
Wake up!

Anon
Anon
Comparison
I realize most of the ISL / Prep \\\"hockey studs\\\" have sta*** back and I know each team has at least 1-2 freshman on Varsity who are very good. I\\\'ve been told by some that there are only 2-3 07\\\'s on some of these freshmen teams. What I\\\'ve been shocked by is that kids who have been Tier 1 players since Mites making varsity teams. If they haven\\\'t been one of the best players in their age group, how are they now playing varsity.
$300,000? You think people pay $300,000 for a prep education? You have no concept of this market! We have paid a total of $9,500.00 per year, that includes boarding!
Wake up!
^^^^^^not the norm for New England prep schools.

Anon
Anon
Comparison
I realize most of the ISL / Prep \\\"hockey studs\\\" have sta*** back and I know each team has at least 1-2 freshman on Varsity who are very good. I\\\'ve been told by some that there are only 2-3 07\\\'s on some of these freshmen teams. What I\\\'ve been shocked by is that kids who have been Tier 1 players since Mites making varsity teams. If they haven\\\'t been one of the best players in their age group, how are they now playing varsity.
Wake up!
^^^^^^not the norm to pay $9,500 for New England prep schools with boarding.

It is with need based fin aid. Some ppl pay zero!

Agree. All you have to do is apply, worst they can say is no. We pay the equivalent of a small catholic school for an ISL education.

no way, what school is this?

My son repeated and went to Prep in MA for 2 years. I think we spent 14K per year including boarding. Not sure the going price now but was well worth it at the time. With Covid19 I would be very careful with the Prep route at least for the next year or 2 as the past 2 years have been a nightmare. My nephew has pla*** 16 games in 2 years and is graduating this year, should have went the Jr route if hockey was driving force, now will need to play at least a year or 2 of Jr hockey just to be seen.