The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
Local kids won’t play NCDC ?
Pretty sure teams are filled with Local kids. Yes your going to always have billet kids that’s normal. NCDC is not a great league but he’s still better then EHL by a lot. If you are going to try to say it’s not it’s because you have a kid in the EHL
Again different paths and sometimes you have a great success story but this is pretty much how it goes for colleges
National Team- Top line player D1
USHL- Top 6 player D1
NAHL - bottom 6 player D1
Lower end NAHL- top 6 Div 3 at a higher end D3 school
Higher end NCDC- mid pack D3 player at a good D3 team.
Lower end NCDC- good player at a lower end d3 team
EHL - bottom 6 at lower end D3/ enjoy the stands. League will have a few players that got deals to play for team so couple players end up at decent schools.
USPHL Premier - enjoy the stands and enjoy the team gear for a year or two.
There are always exceptions to the rules. But, in large part, the only local kids playing NCDC have a-s-s kissing parents associated with them. Here is how it roles in New England for local kids. I can't say I agree with it.
Local Kids with deep pockets
1) play 1 - 2 years Prep
2) then out west you go to USHL/NAHL/etc for 3 years.
3) D1 College if lucky/D3 College in the woods.
Local Kids with non-deep pockets.
1) play 1 - 2 years local high school or 4 years local high school
2) play 1 PG year at a Prep or go straight into 2 years of juniors.
3) If lucky, out west you go. More likely 1 - 2 years in EHL/USPHL Premier/Elite locally.
4) D1 College if lucky/D3 College in the woods.
Non Prep route.
1) play 4 years local high school or 4 years U16/U18 club.
2) 1 - 2 years juniors locally in EHL/USPHL Premier/Elite.
3) public D3 College/quit
Andy Moore. EHL to USHL to Northeastern in 1 year
"EHL - bottom 6 at lower end D3/ enjoy the stands. League will have a few players that got deals to play for team so couple players end up at decent schools.
USPHL Premier - enjoy the stands and enjoy the team gear for a year or two."
Sadly for the kids and the parents who paid the bill, this is 100% accurate. Not bashing them either but it's the reality of the talent going into D3 now.