Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHL/ USPHL Fees

There are always exceptions to the rules. But, in large part, the only local kids playing NCDC have a-s-s kissing parents associated with them. Here is how it roles in New England for local kids. I can't say I agree with it.

Local Kids with deep pockets
1) play 1 - 2 years Prep
2) then out west you go to USHL/NAHL/etc for 3 years.
3) D1 College if lucky/D3 College in the woods.

Local Kids with non-deep pockets.
1) play 1 - 2 years local high school or 4 years local high school
2) play 1 PG year at a Prep or go straight into 2 years of juniors.
3) If lucky, out west you go. More likely 1 - 2 years in EHL/USPHL Premier/Elite locally.
4) D1 College if lucky/D3 College in the woods.

Non Prep route.
1) play 4 years local high school or 4 years U16/U18 club.
2) 1 - 2 years juniors locally in EHL/USPHL Premier/Elite.
3) public D3 College/quit

anon
There are always exceptions to the rules. But, in large part, the only local kids playing NCDC have a-s-s kissing parents associated with them. Here is how it roles in New England for local kids. I can't say I agree with it.

1) play 1 - 2 years Prep

3) If lucky, out west you go. More likely 1 - 2 years in EHL/USPHL Premier/Elite locally.

Non Prep route.
Yeah dude you lost me at EHL/ USPHL to D1 if lucky. There a better chance of Covid going away in the next 3 months then a kid going EHL/ USPHL to D1 unless he’s playing in the league as a 16 year old.

Last year doesn’t count because it was a covid year and kids were playing in divisions they shouldn’t have been just to stay at home.

Andy Moore. EHL to USHL to Northeastern in 1 year

anon

1) play 1 - 2 years Prep

Non Prep route.
Notice the discrepancy in the have vs have nots. This why New England hockey fails. It caters to the money and not to the talent.

"EHL - bottom 6 at lower end D3/ enjoy the stands. League will have a few players that got deals to play for team so couple players end up at decent schools.

USPHL Premier - enjoy the stands and enjoy the team gear for a year or two."

Sadly for the kids and the parents who paid the bill, this is 100% accurate. Not bashing them either but it's the reality of the talent going into D3 now.

anon
"EHL - bottom 6 at lower end D3/ enjoy the stands. League will have a few players that got deals to play for team so couple players end up at decent schools.

Sadly for the kids and the parents who paid the bill, this is 100% accurate. Not bashing them either but it's the reality of the talent going into D3 now.
What’s considered a higher end D3 - top 20, top 10, top 5?

Anony
anon

There are so many D3 schools across the US I would have to say top 20? 20 out of 150 or more must have D1 caliber players.

Anon
Anony
anon
\"EHL - bottom 6 at lower end D3/ enjoy the stands. League will have a few players that got deals to play for team so couple players end up at decent schools.

USPHL Premier - enjoy the stands and enjoy the team gear for a year or two.\"

Sadly for the kids and the parents who paid the bill, this is 100% accurate. Not bashing them either but it\'s the reality of the talent going into D3 now.
There are so many D3 schools across the US I would have to say top 20? 20 out of 150 or more must have D1 caliber players.
Get a clue. There is only 84 D3 hockey programs. Not every school with D3 sports has men’s hockey.