email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dexter

Anon
Any idea on dexters new guys for next year? Hearing they are rebuilding for another title run.
Go back to bed...nobody cares🥱🥱

You mean like every top program? I hear they all are rebuilding in order to win..idiot

Should be no problem finding parents who think it's a surefire way to get to the Ivy League only to find out otherwise.

they lost a lot of kids..... graduation, JV top players left, etc. cant make a promise then back away from it as a coach. word travels fast. no way they are replacing all those kids that left

I honestly hadn't heard much about Dexter over the years. I went to an ISL school, kind of felt like Dexter was not as good? I dunno...I know a few people who live in Boston who dont want to use BPS and are looking at Dexter. They say applying in like 3rd or 4th grade is easier than waiting until middle or high school. It seems sad to pay that much for 3rd/4th grade, also sad that BPS is as bad as it is. I don't think these schools revolve around hockey anymore whatsoever. It's a way to get your kid out of BPS as prices in the suburbs get more and more ridiculous.

alrighty09
I honestly hadn't heard much about Dexter over the years. I went to an ISL school, kind of felt like Dexter was not as good? I dunno...I know a few people who live in Boston who dont want to use BPS and are looking at Dexter. They say applying in like 3rd or 4th grade is easier than waiting until middle or high school. It seems sad to pay that much for 3rd/4th grade, also sad that BPS is as bad as it is. I don't think these schools revolve around hockey anymore whatsoever. It's a way to get your kid out of BPS as prices in the suburbs get more and more ridiculous.
3rd and 4th grade admissions? Boston Public Schools. You're on a hockey board man- Get the feck outta here. Dexter hockey is good, the other hockey nerds will correct me I'm sure but they play a competitive independent schedule. Probably ebbs and flows like any other program. Maybe not too many ebbs or flows whatever the bad one is.

Anonymous
they lost a lot of kids..... graduation, JV top players left, etc. cant make a promise then back away from it as a coach. word travels fast. no way they are replacing all those kids that left
lost "JV top players", your joking right? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yup. one to shattuck, one to nobles.

Your missing the point, if these guys are playing JV Prep, they will always be playing JV Prep

your a dummy if you really believe that. #yourasdumbasbiden

#ILoveToTagEverythingWithPoliticalHashTagsBecauseImAnIgnorantTool

wow. that poster really got to you lol. you need to be a lot better

Anonymous
#ILoveToTagEverythingWithPoliticalHashTagsBecauseImAnIgnorantTool
Ain’t that the truth

anon
your a dummy if you really believe that. #yourasdumbasbiden
Trump is dumber than Biden. And more of a ****.

Anon
Your missing the point, if these guys are playing JV Prep, they will always be playing JV Prep
You knuckle draggers do know the difference between Your & You're don't you?

Anon
Anon
You knuckle draggers do know the difference between Your & You're don't you?
Give them a break. They went to Dexter.

Good to see the ISL / Prep transfer Portal is alive and well. Imagine attending a school for 3 full years, making friends and then leaving because you didn't make a hockey team.

Top JV players were 03s

The Boston area has had a major increase over the past 10-15 years of people moving here for highly paid jobs in tech and bio. People around here have a lot of money when it comes to spend on private school but there's limited space at these schools. If you don't get in you cant go there. My guess would be that private schools that weren't as interesting to some a few years ago are of interest now if someone's kid isn't getting into Milton or BBN.

Let me restate "If your kid is play Prep JV, he's not very good" You people are clueless

actually Dexter JV was a bit different. Full of scorned elite eagles who probably could have played varsity at other ISL schools. Dexter was just jammed up that year, but in general you are correct. Prep JV is like lower gold....

I hear Dexter's JV struggled with BHS Freshman team. Top 2 lines on the top ISL JV teams could play at 90% of varsity programs. They may not ever be impact players on ISL Varsity rosters, but still have been elite players their whole lives. Tell me I'm wrong. I've watched some bad public school games in my days with rainbows filling out the rosters.