email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Summer College Exposure Camps

Blue white
The blue white camp, maize camp and selects by former legacy all just a money maker for Joe FACT. If your kid is good enough he will be found FACT.
Blaze and who cares camp. Joe still owes family’s big cheddar from the last rip off money grab at Legacy.

Joe
Blue white
The blue white camp, maize camp and selects by former legacy all just a money maker for Joe FACT. If your kid is good enough he will be found FACT.
Blaze and who cares camp. Joe still owes family’s big cheddar from the last rip off money grab at Legacy.
JT is a crook. Don’t worry, he’ll be out of hockey very 🔜

Joe’s new book “The art of the rip off” will be out on Amazon soon.

IMHO, Crimson event has a tendency to be mid level heavy. The best skaters at the CC are reduntantly attending for various reasons, like being requested by specific coaches. In addition,It's a chance for coaches to clean up the eval as a follow up to the events that had a higher concentration of skilled skaters, like the recent Exposure or CCM events etc. All in all though, a well run event.

I would agree with the comparison of the All Star weekend being much stronger than the CC. But it gives kids an opportunity for a summer skate at a name venue with some good players and coaches on the ice with them.

SIXTY camp had a better group of players than Exposure All-Star.

i think this is the best thing about hockey. guys coming on to talk about the money they spent and who got ripped off and who didnt. the answer is you all did. the motivation for all of these events is not to provide exposure they are to make money. there are ones for the parents who need to say my kid got invited to this exclusive camp or was at this tournament. i know it must mean a lot because i see guys still walking around rinks wearing the gear from the quebec peewee tournament and their kids are 5 and 6 years older. the funny thing is even that tournament lets pretty much anyone in that will pay and has just as many blow outs as close games. simple fact and point being 99.99999999999% of the kids playing in all of these events will go just as far in hockey as they would have having attended none. its an industry built on preying on parents ego's and fear of missing out. i just wish people would get wise to this and stop funding this crap. for college its assistant coaches trying to make extra income and once again they are cropping up at a record pace. the hard truth of that is if your kid is good enough they could go out on the ice, and take a dump and give them all the finger and they would still fall all over themselves to sign them. all this bs and stress kids put themselves under to impress these jackals is depressing. go to school, have fun, play hockey and work hard. it will all work out for the best, no amount of money or playing against "top talent" will do anything different. i know its deaf ears but its just so frustrating to watch and i hate seeing people make money off of a lie. this is not my kid is so good and you all have kids who are waisting your time. its from someone who has been around a lot of rinks, coached a lot of kids and spent a lot of money i wish i had back. my son is in a great spot and still playing but it had nothing to do with a tournament he played in or an exposure camp its because he wanted it and he worked and when i realized that he would have done it anyway, my next thought was, what a colosal waste and it was more about me then it ever was about him.

I pretty much felt the same because of the experience my oldest had with those events. But fast forward 3 years my brothers U14 got some love as a result of attending one of the spring/summer events this year,but then again, the kid was already on some coaches/orgs radar. Last point on these events, Most importantly, if the kid rings a bell at 13/14 and he keeps ringing the bell at 15/16, the familiarity from previous years will make the bell sound louder.

Anon
I pretty much felt the same because of the experience my oldest had with those events. But fast forward 3 years my brothers U14 got some love as a result of attending one of the spring/summer events this year,but then again, the kid was already on some coaches/orgs radar. Last point on these events, Most importantly, if the kid rings a bell at 13/14 and he keeps ringing the bell at 15/16, the familiarity from previous years will make the bell sound louder.
I have a cowbell. Does that count?