Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sr Chowder Cup

The most amazing that I am completely in shock of.

Is how many kids can’t skate. The number of kids who are poor skaters is astonishing.

Anon

Is how many kids can’t skate. The number of kids who are poor skaters is astonishing.

Kids that can skate go to the next level, kids that can't go home.. Pretty simple as it sticks out the most to anyone watching.

Anon
Anon

Kids that can skate go to the next level, kids that can't go home.. Pretty simple as it sticks out the most to anyone watching.
That’s kinda my point.

How are 19 year olds still playing that are extremely weak skaters.

How are 17 and 18 year olds playing summer hockey who can barely skate

Some of the top 03 and 04 players in the northeast are showcasing their talent. Impressed with the stacked teams

Anon
Some of the top 03 and 04 players in the northeast are showcasing their talent. Impressed with the stacked teams
Meh..Is summer hockey dude

Anon
Meh..It's summer hockey dude, nobody really cares, those 03 and 04 players look great against weaker competition..IMO the Beantown is a better venue.

Are the rinks crawling with scouts? Who have you seen?

Anon
Crawling with the sleazy guys that make a living off this vulnerable age group who are willing to spend anything for one last shot at the prize. Look at the leaders of these programs, willing to promise anything for a $. What confuses me is why would a kid heading to the BCHL / USHL or committed to a college waste a weekend of their lives to be there. Honestly,no upside for them. If anything, they run the risk of getting exposed and showing that they are average just like all the others.

Yup! My son made it through camp, got offered a spot and put the gear away until second week of August. Not worth it.

Anon
Yup! My son made it through camp, got offered a spot and put the gear away until second week of August. Not worth it.
Well your son will be looking for a place to play come September if he plans on not skating until second week of August. This might be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. You are suppose to put the gear away March- April

Throw some light skates in May couple games once on a while

Ramp it up June- end of next season.

Anon
Anon
Well your son will be looking for a place to play come September if he plans on not skating until second week of August. This might be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. You are suppose to put the gear away March- April

Ramp it up in June? How do you "ramp" it up in June? What team does your guy play for from June until end of season..
I mean he's put on about 10lbs of muscle since May, he's strong as a horse, he will be fine., thanks for the concern. Your kid must hate you! "Skate, Skate, Shoot it" lol

Anon
Anon

Gear away in March? The season didn't end until end of April. This is he high school board, my bad. Some Jr leagues play well past the High school season so time off and recovery dates will change as your player gets older.

anon
Anon
Crawling with the sleazy guys that make a living off this vulnerable age group who are willing to spend anything for one last shot at the prize. Look at the leaders of these programs, willing to promise anything for a $. What confuses me is why would a kid heading to the BCHL / USHL or committed to a college waste a weekend of their lives to be there. Honestly,no upside for them. If anything, they run the risk of getting exposed and showing that they are average just like all the others.
Because he gets to play with his buddies one last time before heading out to ushl/bchl. Remember hockey is a game that people play for fun.

perfectly said

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

anon
Anon
Dude are you serious? Welcome to America where people are swindled into things everyday with false promises. It's up to you to figure these things out

Anon
Couple of prep schools looking for the public kid standout.

Couple of jr teams looking for anyone with skill.

Rink is mostly crawling with psychotic parents.

People screaming and cheering a summer tourney.

People video taping 7am games.

It’s nuts.

As a coach on the bench. The players are asking whose parents are those as we all laugh.

Anon
Yeah. Those junior kids with half shields sure do look good against high school freshman JV players. Lol.

Sorry offended freshman dad, apologize it was too rough for little Johnny. Maybe next year when he puts on big boy pants and decides to just play hockey. Jesus you couldn’t sound like more of a ***** if you tried.

Anon
Sorry offended freshman dad, apologize it was too rough for little Johnny. Maybe next year when he puts on big boy pants and decides to just play hockey. Jesus you couldn’t sound like more of a ***** if you tried.
Buddy.

You are talking the equivalent of college kids playing with bantams. Get a grip.

If your kid was any good he would be playing golf with his teammates this weekend.

Anon
Anon
Buddy.

You are talking the equivalent of college kids playing with bantams. Get a grip.

If your kid was any good he would be playing golf with his teammates this weekend.
Wait till hitting starts

What do you think junior leagues consist of?? Here is a hint it’s 16-20 year olds. There are plenty of 16-17 year olds that play against 20 year olds every single season. You either adapt or you are done at 18, it’s that simple. The golf comment is ridiculous and proves you have zero idea what you are talking about. Like every tournament there are good teams and players as well as bad. My son is playing in Jr A division and one game was really good and other was not as competitive. We did catch the second half of an Elite division game yesterday morning and it was littered with many college coaches and commits there. There was obviously a difference in level of play between that game and a Jr A game, but both divisions have some really good players. So your argument that the good players are on the golf course holds zero weight. It’s literally one game maybe two per day… plenty of time for golf.

Anon
What do you think junior leagues consist of?? Here is a hint it’s 16-20 year olds. There are plenty of 16-17 year olds that play against 20 year olds every single season. You either adapt or you are done at 18, it’s that simple. The golf comment is ridiculous and proves you have zero idea what you are talking about. Like every tournament there are good teams and players as well as bad. My son is playing in Jr A division and one game was really good and other was not as competitive. We did catch the second half of an Elite division game yesterday morning and it was littered with many college coaches and commits there. There was obviously a difference in level of play between that game and a Jr A game, but both divisions have some really good players. So your argument that the good players are on the golf course holds zero weight. It’s literally one game maybe two per day… plenty of time for golf.
I’m well aware. My kid played jr games as a 16 year old. A very strong and physical 16 year old and it was not easy playing against 19/20 year olds.

I’m taking about the sixteen year olds playing that are on the JV team.

I will concur that there are some really good kids playing in the JR A division.

Just saying that their skill looks amplified against kids who can’t make a varsity prep team.

Skip the hardo responses, but honestly I want to know if the players with half shields pay their own dental insurance, or if their parents are ok exposing their teeth just a few years after they spent $5k on braces.

anon
Skip the hardo responses, but honestly I want to know if the players with half shields pay their own dental insurance, or if their parents are ok exposing their teeth just a few years after they spent $5k on braces.

Right? Wear a 1/2 shield now to wear a full cage in college? Its all about sty

Yeah. Players getting hammered at Lil Baby tonight, morning games are gonna stink.

Why are rosters so thin? Kids didn’t stick around for playoffs? Sons team has 9 players this morning. I want a refund!

Anon
Why are rosters so thin? Kids didn’t stick around for playoffs? Sons team has 9 players this morning. I want a refund!
Probably hungover from last night and the girl slept over in the hotel room...

Anon
It was either wake up for a 7am game against the stacked Roc City team or go to lil baby and getting hammered.

Say what you want, lots of scholarships being thrown around in the hallways.

Anon
Say what you want, lots of scholarships being thrown around in the hallways.
Name 1? No way

Heard a few decent d3 local programs. Mediocre schools but the ride continues.

Anon
D3? We talking about D3? Not even talking about D1, we talking bout D3? Cmon man, D3? I mean congrats to the kids, but nobody cares bout D3, nobody at all, go play, good job, but lets not act like its D1..D3!!!

Anon
Anon
D3? We talking about D3? Not even talking about D1, we talking bout D3? Cmon man, D3? I mean congrats to the kids, but nobody cares bout D3, nobody at all, go play, good job, but lets not act like its D1..D3!!!
Don’t say nobody cares about D3.

My kid has know that he wasn’t playing D1 since he was about 15.

But knew that if he continued to work hard he could D3 play college hockey and go to a college he liked.

That is more than probably 80 percent of the kids he has ever played with. And the remaining 20 percent are all kids in the same boat that he has been around the past few years.

He was beyond excited to throw the gear on in July with zero expectations and then have a few schools watch his game and then meet him afterwards.

That is a goal that he has been working on for years.

Say what you want. He was realistic about his goals.

No, I am not ok paying for those dental bills but I'm also not going to tell my kid to throw on a cage again until he goes back to school.

I'm confused. If a helmet has a cage that remains closed what is the problem?

anon
No, I am not ok paying for those dental bills but I'm also not going to tell my kid to throw on a cage again until he goes back to school.
I bet your kid looks super cool getting walked by public school JV players with his badass looking visor on.

Anon
anon
No, I am not ok paying for those dental bills but I\'m also not going to tell my kid to throw on a cage again until he goes back to school.
I bet your kid looks super cool getting walked by public school JV players with his badass looking visor on.
My son loves the visor, I suggest the Bauer pro clip, vision is awesome, no fog, and good eye coverage. Gotta grow up sometime and if your worried about teeth, your in the wrong level of the sport

that's funny...but not the case. keep worrying about juniors teeth though.

As someone who actually played and is not just living through their kid as a hardo, let me tell you the only thing worse than losing your teeth is paying for losing your teeth, especially after you finally took off and paid thousands for your braces. Just one implant was over $4000.
That was the original question, why risk the damage and money for just one tier3 gap season? Its not like your a draft pick in the CHL. Just wear what you'll wear in college.

My kid is 8 but I can't say I've thought too much about teeth...it's crossed my mind but he wears a cage...

anon
As someone who actually played and is not just living through their kid as a hardo, let me tell you the only thing worse than losing your teeth is paying for losing your teeth, especially after you finally took off and paid thousands for your braces. Just one implant was over $4000.
That was the original question, why risk the damage and money for just one tier3 gap season? Its not like your a draft pick in the CHL. Just wear what you'll wear in college.

My boy wears a cage and loves sticking those guys right under the nose..its great

I know the pros my son skates with (Not at Chowder Cup this weekend) dont care much to play pick-up with full cage kids. I know I certainly didnt play with guys wearing a full cage after school either...and still wont. I guess they feel they may take a stick to the face themselves from a kid who doesnt get it...like the bender mentioned above likes to do.

anon
I know the pros my son skates with (Not at Chowder Cup this weekend) dont care much to play pick-up with full cage kids. I know I certainly didnt play with guys wearing a full cage after school either...and still wont. I guess they feel they may take a stick to the face themselves from a kid who doesnt get it...like the bender mentioned above likes to do.
He's a magician with that stick. The best part is that he is also 6'4" so when he does it and the kid challenges him to a fight, he beats the p iss out of the kid. It is really a lost art. #knowyourroll

Your boy is going to get his butt kicked.

If your kid is 6'4 and wearing a cage he's a *****. FACT...and you already know this...its the reason he's a "magician" with his stick. #knowyourkidisa*****

Anon
Anon
anon
No, I am not ok paying for those dental bills but I\\\'m also not going to tell my kid to throw on a cage again until he goes back to school.
My son loves the visor, I suggest the Bauer pro clip, vision is awesome, no fog, and good eye coverage. Gotta grow up sometime and if your worried about teeth, your in the wrong level of the sport
You bought and researched a visor for your 18+ year old kid? Tool.

And you expected anything different? Stop falling for the cash grab bull crap tournaments.