email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HNIB

Anonymous
There are kids on Junior teams playing against high school freshman?

Where can I see the college coaches that attend this tournament?
You dont need to see a list trust me NOT A SINGLE SCOUT in the building besides the coaches being paid and USPHL Elite/EHL Premier guys trying to fill the roster.

Why in the world would a 19-year-old be playing in this??

Isn’t it just time to hang them up if you’re playing against 15 year-olds?

It reminds them of their glory days when they were mite super stars.

Anon
Why in the world would a 19-year-old be playing in this??

Isn’t it just time to hang them up if you’re playing against 15 year-olds?
They're out there dominating showing all the scouts that they still got it... Playing with a chip on their shoulder for being overlooked 不不不

There're out there dominating the 15 years old isn't impressing anyone if they can't do the same in their own age group you moron.

Anon
There're out there dominating the 15 years old isn't impressing anyone if they can't do the same in their own age group you moron.
Buddy it was a fake post you're the moron for falling for it... be better dummy

You never know with this crowd

Anon
You never know with this crowd
If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is不不

There’s a kid who played for St. John’s prep and graduated who’s playing for a junior team this year.

There are also kids who are going to play for the railers as well.

HNIB was good 15 years ago. Now no one and I mean no one in their right mind would consider playing in it

Anonymous
HNIB was good 15 years ago. Now no one and I mean no one in their right mind would consider playing in it
Yeah there was a ton of kids a ton of teams so that statement is false like it or not it's still going on bash it if you will it's just another avenue for kids to play some hockey...

Anonymous
It’s not what it once was. When every decent kid played in it and there were no bad players.

But my kid turned it into a prep Ofer a few years ago that worked out well for him. So there is that still.

“It’s not what it once was”…no kidding! Let me enlighten you on hockey in the Northeast…..youth, middle school, MIAA High School, Catholic School and Prep School and even College Hockey is…ready? NOT WHAT IT ONCE WAS EITHER!!!

These messages are comical. I suspect your son probably played on the Sophomore All Stars and lost 4 games by like 20 goals. What did you expect at a tournament for juniors, seniors, and PG - that your Sophomore All-Stars would win it?

Biggest problem with hockey is how kids play against their “age group”. It’s amazing and eye opening for parents how age group superstars who dominated their age bracket cannot play against older more physical kids. Then, they complain. Hockey by year is useless after Freshman year other than to play with their buddies and get ice time.

There were as many scouts there as every other summer tourney. They knew who they were there for before it started. If your kid is good enough, they’ll find him.

As for knocking the older kids, they are playing for a chance at something, so give them a break. It’s been a lousy high school experience for many due to CV. Pretty soon they will all be done and become grumpy old men posting on hockey discussion threads.

they had free coffee and donuts and theres a brewery in the rink so I'll keep bringing my kid until he's 19!!

I thought it was just Arlington with the 25 year old seniors but these rosters come on. Some guys were going to clock in at
The factory after the game