we were there. ice was astrocious. scoreboard was astrocious. some teams in league were doing better things.....and there wasnt a single scout to be seen all weekend.
all this was, was a couple league games played in the league owners rinks so they could make money. nothing more than that. certinaly not a showcase
note to the league: IF you are going to call it a showcase then treat it as one. this weekend was an embarrassment to the e9 AND to the teams in it. teams should hold league accountable
Cat out of the bag
The problem is everyone keeps paying this bafoon and the rest of them for these "showcase" tournaments. Nobody is watching the games of real importance, parents need to let go of the dream and put that money towards groceries haha. The same "scout" that was at this showcase, will be the same "scout" watching your player in HS. It's all a scam and until someone shakes it up, it will only get worse and more watered down. If your skater is that good, someone will reach out to you directly.
who is the bafoon they're paying?
I could go on for hours here:
- Crap location with crap ice and crap officiating
- crap competition. Both schools that were coming to watch texted to say they would wait a weekend as the competition was a joke once they saw the schedule. They were right
- One of the orgs in this "showcase" cost 50k to 60k and they can't even beat a low level split season team comprised of maybe two varsity miaa kids and the rest jv kids...seriously.
- Another org is Houdini....field like 5 u15 and u16 teams under umbrella but it's the same kids for the most part filling out the team. Imagine if you paid 55k to go to their academy and then found out your linemate paid 4k for a split season team but get's to play in all your games because there are not enough kids at the academy? Holy moly what a crap show.
- Total waste of a weekend. Human waste.
- There is another "showcase" coming up next weekend in Rockland. Any word on what teams are gonna show up? This high end showcase that all the scouts want to come to (sarcasm) is just 10 days away and we don't know what teams are coming? I am sure those scouts have it all blocked off on their calendars as "can't miss".
- All I can think of is there must be some rule (maybe someone on here knows?) that says a National Bound team has to be in a league and play a certain amount of league games to qualify for state tournament and nationals.
I could go on and on. This could be the biggest joke in all of MA midget hockey.
Ok i think everyone gets it. This event sucks.