Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Massachusetts High School D3 & D4 pre-season rankings

how many seniors did sandwich lose? they basically only played 2 lines, wondering if they have a legitimate chance to repeat.

Hanover graduated 15 players and lost a kid to prep. Hanover has an amazing coach and I think they will end up top 10 maybe at 5-8 they still have two wicked good goalies in net. Pembroke had a eh season last year a couple tough games and a bad schedule. They have a great team and added a new coach so I think they could possibly have a good season.

Liam Flaherty
Hanover graduated 15 players and lost a kid to prep. Hanover has an amazing coach and I think they will end up top 10 maybe at 5-8 they still have two wicked good goalies in net. Pembroke had a eh season last year a couple tough games and a bad schedule. They have a great team and added a new coach so I think they could possibly have a good season.
Hanover's best players have gone to preps or private schools. Two best returning defensemen left for private, and their best player left to AOF; not to mention they graduated almost 2/3 of the team, and a lot of the elite level kids in that town either play full season or have been going elsewhere. They did however manage to keep their goalie who is solid.

Gonna be a hard reset for them, something we haven't seen from that school in a long time.

Anon
Liam Flaherty
Hanover's best players have gone to preps or private schools. Two best returning defensemen left for private, and their best player left to AOF; not to mention they graduated almost 2/3 of the team, and a lot of the elite level kids in that town either play full season or have been going elsewhere. They did however manage to keep their goalie who is solid.

Gonna be a hard reset for them, something we haven't seen from that school in a long time.
what makes people keep leaving public for private? Is it really worth it in the end? Seems like housing costs continue to rise in places that have 'good school districts' yet so many people jump at the chance for a private school.

Anon
Liam Flaherty

Told by someone in the know that Norwell’s reset most likely coming next year. They’ll contend for a title this year but top two lines most likely gone after and the goalie position is thin coming up.

it's a badge of honor for the parents to pay for private school

My kid plays for Pembroke, Drove 2 hours last March to watch him lose to West Springfield. Unless West Springfield lost a ton they will be a top 10 team. Pembroke might be the team on the outside.

Where did this come from? Medway nowhere near top 5. Coach and goalie both gone among others.

D3 is the worst division by far this year. Top 5 D4 teams would smoke all the top 5 D3 teams this year. Especially because the top D3 schools last year Marlboro, Hanover, Scituate lost players to prep school or they graduated.

Liam Flaherty
D3
1. Marlboro
2. Lynnfield
3. Hopedale/Milford
4. Medway
5. Danvers
6. Nashoba
7. Pembroke
8. Medfield
9. North Reading