email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Luck

Anon
In a break from the usual, just wanted to wish all the young men and women who are starting tryouts today best of luck. Wishing them all good health, good fortune and I hope they have some fun.
There was only one night of tryouts at my daughter's D1 public HS. At the first night of varsity practice the lines were already set for the season before the girls stepped on the ice. Is this normal for a HS varsity girls team?

Anon
Anon
In a break from the usual, just wanted to wish all the young men and women who are starting tryouts today best of luck. Wishing them all good health, good fortune and I hope they have some fun.
There was only one night of tryouts at my daughter's D1 public HS. At the first night of varsity practice the lines were already set for the season before the girls stepped on the ice. Is this normal for a HS varsity girls team?
Most coaches will not replace an existing varsity player or cut a senior. If your daughters high school team only lost a few players from last season and has an equal number or greater of seniors moving up from JV it may simply be impossible to crack the roster. I wouldn't call it normal but certainly can see where it can happen.

My son tried out as a freshen for a competitive H.S. team a few years ago. Seriously, then his U-15 team would have smoked the varsity team by a pretty good margin. The kid was something like 5'7" 145 at the time and we were just thankful he didn't make Varsity. Against all the C.C. 'stay back a year 19 year old kids' he would have gotten killed. He grew to 6'3" 185 by senior year and smoked those cherry-picking repeaters. . . it was the right spot at the time for him.

anon
My son tried out as a freshen for a competitive H.S. team a few years ago. Seriously, then his U-15 team would have smoked the varsity team by a pretty good margin. The kid was something like 5'7" 145 at the time and we were just thankful he didn't make Varsity. Against all the C.C. 'stay back a year 19 year old kids' he would have gotten killed. He grew to 6'3" 185 by senior year and smoked those cherry-picking repeaters. . . it was the right spot at the time for him.
"Seriously, then his U-15 team would have smoked the varsity team by a pretty good margin."

i love how club parents, those team draws from a wide area, compare to a town.

Kind of like how Town teams are required to compete with Catholic Conference teams and no one see this as strange?

The best public school wins are over Catholic schools wake up dummy