email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sjp

Anon
SJP hockey has to be some of the biggest bums in the world. 150 kids just for a spot on freshmen team just sad and they still can’t win a game. This year they have 50 so disappointing our kids deserve a fair spot make 2 teams. Coaching stuff sucks team sucks all they got in football
At what age then, is it appropriate to begin to teach kids that you don't get parti****tion trophies in life?

anon
Anon
SJP hockey has to be some of the biggest bums in the world. 150 kids just for a spot on freshmen team just sad and they still can’t win a game. This year they have 50 so disappointing our kids deserve a fair spot make 2 teams. Coaching stuff sucks team sucks all they got in football
At what age then, is it appropriate to begin to teach kids that you don't get parti****tion trophies in life?
I never made a high school team except for JV Golf. It sucked at the time but I realized I wasn't good enough and got over it. Sometimes you need to fail in life. Not every kid should make the team. If they made two teams and all the kids trying out made it, they would expect to make JV or Varsity in the future and the poster will be whining about it then too so the school can't win here.

Suck it up. Your kid might not be good enough. I wasn't and my life turned out pretty good

Anon
Tell your kid to study harder.

Hopefully you send your kid to these schools for the education first. If you insist parti****tion in sports be a part of it be realistic about your kids skill level.

Anon
Ok - not sure where you’re going with this but for the freshmen team no one cares - they don’t keep stats and no one outside of the kids on the ice care about the score…. On the other hand pretty sure their varsity team just won the State Championship.

Anon
Tell me your a pathetic loser with a shallow gene pool without telling me your a pathetic loser with a shallow gene pool.

Not a fan of SJP but they do produce great students - something this cat is missing.

They are losing a lot of kids to BHA.

Not sure who these lost kids might be? Huge numbers tried out. Many talented kids cut. BHA and other like acedemy programs are a very different path from SJP and other MIAA programs.

Anon
Nobody to blame but yourself. If you didn’t position your kid to play high school hockey at a school you knew they would attend. Then shame on you.

And if you didn’t. Then you understand they shouldn’t make it.

You can’t have it both ways.

Anon
Anon
Nobody to blame but yourself. If you didn’t position your kid to play high school hockey at a school you knew they would attend. Then shame on you.

And if you didn’t. Then you understand they shouldn’t make it.

You can’t have it both ways.
If you didn't go there just for the education but because you thought little Johnny could actually make the team your crazy. I know multiple families who are sending their kids to SJP who haven't played a minute of decent hockey. Just because your bender can skate around kids in the PHL or Valley League doesn't mean they can play HS hockey. Maybe you should have stayed at your local HS, plenty of terrible players on those teams.

Anon
1. They haven't had a game yet...
2. This is HS, not youth.
3. Sorry your kid got cut.

My kid was cut from Varsity along with about 45 other kids. He knew he wouldn’t make it but loves the school. He and 15 of the other cut kids jumped on a club team and and are playing together. Guarantee you 14 of those 15 think they didn’t make it because they weren’t good enough. My kid came home after day 1 of tryouts and said “these freshmen are way better than me.” You know what he is going to do? Play on his club team and go to SJP and root for his friends/classmates that are better than him.

Life.