The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Northeast Generals Draft Local Talent (NAHL)

Here's the thing. The original article points out that the Mass kids had a pretty good showing in the NAHL draft...Mass kids showed up plain and simple, who cares why. Any kid playing in Mass should feel pretty good about that and any kid that got picked should be proud of that, contrary to what the other guy is implying.

The NAHL is free and very different than NA3HL which is play to pay!

The only thing they share in common is the jerseys they wear.

anon
Here's the thing. The original article points out that the Mass kids had a pretty good showing in the NAHL draft...Mass kids showed up plain and simple, who cares why. Any kid playing in Mass should feel pretty good about that and any kid that got picked should be proud of that, contrary to what the other guy is implying.

Yes, to a point, but I also agree to a point that some of those names may have been there due more to politics rather than overall talent. This is Massachusetts hockey after all. But like you said, no matter the reason, it is still nice to see your son's name up on that board, be it first or last. At this age, the families really should be true to themselves and know where their kid's talent level is, and truth be told some of those names were not yet ready for junior hockey, which is why they didn't make the team. I'm not ragging on those kids, as they obviously have some talent, just not at this level. They certainly could be ready for juniors in the future, but as of now, no. The NA3HL team, if the parents have the funds and schooling isn't an issue, would be a good place for those kids to go, as it allows them a degree of exposure to the NAHL team. Hockey is a difficult sport to make a living playing at, and unfortunately, with the numbers of leagues and teams, it has become easier now for some owners to make money off of some parents and players dreams to make a career out of it. If players and parents accept this, then more power to them for hanging in and giving it another shot, but the percentages are so, so small.

Anon
anon

Yes, to a point, but I also agree to a point that some of those names may have been there due more to politics rather than overall talent. This is Massachusetts hockey after all. But like you said, no matter the reason, it is still nice to see your son's name up on that board, be it first or last. At this age, the families really should be true to themselves and know where their kid's talent level is, and truth be told some of those names were not yet ready for junior hockey, which is why they didn't make the team. I'm not ragging on those kids, as they obviously have some talent, just not at this level. They certainly could be ready for juniors in the future, but as of now, no. The NA3HL team, if the parents have the funds and schooling isn't an issue, would be a good place for those kids to go, as it allows them a degree of exposure to the NAHL team. Hockey is a difficult sport to make a living playing at, and unfortunately, with the numbers of leagues and teams, it has become easier now for some owners to make money off of some parents and players dreams to make a career out of it. If players and parents accept this, then more power to them for hanging in and giving it another shot, but the percentages are so, so small.

The sad thing is I just overheard this same conversation about squirt hockey. Its just out of hand.

These guys are off to a rough start in the NAHL, and by the looks of it, not getting any better. I don't think they could beat the majority of the USPHL & EHL Premier teams?

Anon
These guys are off to a rough start in the NAHL, and by the looks of it, not getting any better. I don't think they could beat the majority of the USPHL & EHL Premier teams?

The better USPHL teams would compete against the better NAHL teams, never mind these guys. I knew it would be a rough first season. I wish them luck.

Anon

Ummm you do realize this is pretty bad hockey, right?

Anon
Anon

Ummm you do realize this is pretty bad hockey, right?

And the USPHL & EHL are better? Out side of the top three teams in the USPHL Premier Div, the other teams are brutal.

Check please

0-16-1, is certainly no way to start a season. Can we discuss again who they drafted and why?

Good point. When they drafted none of the names were familiar and some looked like they were coming out of less than stellar programs. Currently they have four Mass kids....give me a clip board and a sign-up sheet and I can land 12-15 better kids in three weeks in March trolling the state high school championships let alone tournaments.

anon
Good point. When they drafted none of the names were familiar and some looked like they were coming out of less than stellar programs. Currently they have four Mass kids....give me a clip board and a sign-up sheet and I can land 12-15 better kids in three weeks in March trolling the state high school championships let alone tournaments.
That are willing to forego college for this level of Junior hockey?

I give them credit for trying, hopefully they can make it. It will be nice to have a Tier II option in MA. But, it's going to take some time to sign up legit talent. As of right now they don't even have a home rink, and have a lot of time to spend on busses.

And kids, there is no scholarship money in D-3....none.

Anon

They have played 19 games; 0-18-1, 28 GF and 84 GA. Is there any improvement coming this season?

Good God. Do they need a little scouting help or what?

what they need to be doing is trying to recruit the top "uncommitted" players from the USPHL & EHL. Even though that "bar" is low for talent, it must be better than what they have on ice the now?

Anon
what they need to be doing is trying to recruit the top "uncommitted" players from the USPHL & EHL. Even though that "bar" is low for talent, it must be better than what they have on ice the now?

Is USPHL gets Tier 2 status than this team may be in serious trouble.

Northeast Generals just signed the Lovell brothers definitley helps for right now but are they going to become the owners?

What does this say regarding the local talent they drafted? Did they draft (hire) the wrong coaches?