Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USPHL to go Tier II - ! ! !

they can offer whatever they want, free tuition, raise prices to the youth programs, whatever. It still doesn't have the Tier II designation from USA Hockey. A pig with lipstick, is still a pig

And what exactly does that mean??? Do you think the average person cares if its USA hockey, AAU, or Joe Smiths hockey league?? If its free and the competition is good does it matter if USA hockey gave its blessing? I don't think so.

The competition level is already close if not even with the NA. I don't have the numbers but I bet they have as many D1 commits as the NA on a per team basis. Obviously the NA has more teams so the overall number is bigger but per team its close.

Trust me, not a big fan of most of the guys in the USPHL, think there are a lot of ego's that get in the way, but you have to admit they have done a good job.

Like I said, time will tell.

anon.
And what exactly does that mean??? Do you think the average person cares if its USA hockey, AAU, or Joe Smiths hockey league?? If its free and the competition is good does it matter if USA hockey gave its blessing? I don't think so.

The competition level is already close if not even with the NA. I don't have the numbers but I bet they have as many D1 commits as the NA on a per team basis. Obviously the NA has more teams so the overall number is bigger but per team its close.

Trust me, not a big fan of most of the guys in the USPHL, think there are a lot of ego's that get in the way, but you have to admit they have done a good job.

the vast majority of DI commits that play in the USPHL, already commit before they play there, they just don't wan't to go out to the USHL. The vast majority of players who commit while playing USPHL, are going D3.

Don't really disagree with you but that could change. With it being free to play now, you could get more D1 level kids without commitments to come out this way.

anon.
Don't really disagree with you but that could change. With it being free to play now, you could get more D1 level kids without commitments to come out this way.

why the competition won't change? Top players will go to the leagues with top competition

First off the competition is already pretty good. Very comparable to the NA and better than anything else around here.

If you had a kid that wanted to play D1 here in the east, where would you want him to go, the Islanders or Amarillo?? I think it is kind of a no brainer. The competition will get better when you can offer a free tuition program.

You are right, the competition in the USHL is clearly better, deeper, but this now becomes a viable option to stay here and play or for kids to come here from the west.

Just my opinion but this is not the old EJ or the current USPHL, this changes the landscape of Jr hockey.

Again, time will tell but in my opinion this league will be stronger than it is.

anon.
First off the competition is already pretty good. Very comparable to the NA and better than anything else around here.

If you had a kid that wanted to play D1 here in the east, where would you want him to go, the Islanders or Amarillo?? I think it is kind of a no brainer. The competition will get better when you can offer a free tuition program.

You are right, the competition in the USHL is clearly better, deeper, but this now becomes a viable option to stay here and play or for kids to come here from the west.

Just my opinion but this is not the old EJ or the current USPHL, this changes the landscape of Jr hockey.

Again, time will tell but in my opinion this league will be stronger than it is.

I would agree that the top couple of teams in the USPHL would beat the bottom dwellers in the NAHL, but overall the NAHL is much better. There is a player on IHC, 2nd leading scorer in the USPHL, the previous year he was in the USHL, and had only 15 points the whole season. if you take a look at what his stats were in the USPHL the previous year and this year, wrapped around his USHL season. You will see the point discrepancy, overall the USPHL like the EHL is very week when you compare to USHL & NAHL

Anon
anon.

the vast majority of DI commits that play in the USPHL, already commit before they play there, they just don't wan't to go out to the USHL. The vast majority of players who commit while playing USPHL, are going D3.

You got that right.

anon
Anon
anon.

You got that right.

Same with the USHL. Most of the younger players are already commited. It is because their future college has influence with the league's executive. Typically when things don't work out they come back east. Hopefully with the new league, many of these players stay from the start.

But this is exactly what USAH does to fund USNTDP. Not a fan of USPHL but to say you can't fund via a tax on others when that's how USA hockey does it is so hypocritical. That's what you get when you have a monopoly. Not accountable to anyone so do as I say, not as I do.

anon
But this is exactly what USAH does to fund USNTDP. Not a fan of USPHL but to say you can't fund via a tax on others when that's how USA hockey does it is so hypocritical. That's what you get when you have a monopoly. Not accountable to anyone so do as I say, not as I do.
Great point. Qualifies as a Felger and Mazz Hot Take.

So what is going to happen mid season when most of these teams can't stay afloat? Look at the participants. There's three or four programs that have enough beef to their youth programs to fund this. The programs like the bandits have no chance.

Anon
So what is going to happen mid season when most of these teams can't stay afloat? Look at the participants. There's three or four programs that have enough beef to their youth programs to fund this. The programs like the bandits have no chance.

If you build it, they will come! Youth programs will be funding this venture from the get go. Will have to see if sustainable but will definitely be fine first year.