Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D-3 College Hockey

I have a kid who plays D-3 club hockey....and it is pretty terrible hockey. He didn't want to commit to juniors or playing and going to a crappy school so he plays club and it is terrible hockey. D-1 club might be a different animal but D-3 blows and he knows it.

anon
My kid played DI (ecac), 2 years in the SPHL and is working now. I have other kids still playing, and I played.

A couple observations. The top 1 or 2 kids on some of the better DIII teams could easily play DI. The top couple Club kids might be able to make a bottom end DIII team.

Does that make you feel better? Club hockey is great social and recreational undertaking for a kid that still wants to skate after youth and High School hockey.

Not sure why the guy with the Club Hockey agenda is constantly on here pumping the ACHA. I don't think anyone's hockey goals on here are to end up in club hockey.

That guys does it because he was doing it when his kid was playing youth hockey, have to keep pumping his kid's tires and writing those checks, now for club hockey

I have a son who plays club hockey. No tire pumping needed. It's all for fun and enjoying the game - school comes first as it should be for college kids. I do wonder why some kids play marginal D-3 hockey at less than stellar schools. What's the use? Skate five days a week, bus rides all over the region, play not so good hockey, attending a school just so you can play all for no discount at the Bursars office. Why do it?

anon
I have a son who plays club hockey. No tire pumping needed. It's all for fun and enjoying the game - school comes first as it should be for college kids. I do wonder why some kids play marginal D-3 hockey at less than stellar schools. What's the use? Skate five days a week, bus rides all over the region, play not so good hockey, attending a school just so you can play all for no discount at the Bursars office. Why do it?
Both parents are paying, so no difference there.

Only difference would be that maybe one kid has set a goal to play an NCAA sport and be part of a true college team and get a collegiate varsity letter.

The other guy decided to pursue a club level sport. Maybe his focus is on something else.

Anon
anon
I have a son who plays club hockey. No tire pumping needed. It\'s all for fun and enjoying the game - school comes first as it should be for college kids. I do wonder why some kids play marginal D-3 hockey at less than stellar schools. What\'s the use? Skate five days a week, bus rides all over the region, play not so good hockey, attending a school just so you can play all for no discount at the Bursars office. Why do it?
Both parents are paying, so no difference there.

Only difference would be that maybe one kid has set a goal to play an NCAA sport and be part of a true college team and get a collegiate varsity letter.

The other guy decided to pursue a club level sport. Maybe his focus is on something else.

Yeah, I don't understand why anyone making Choice A has to dump on kids making Choice B. How about we respect the choices they make and assume they have their reasons?

My kid is a Junior in HS so the college process is starting in earnest. He has an outside shot at D-I but it would only come after playing Juniors. So, since we can't predict the future, we are developing two lists - one academic, one hockey.

And, guess what? A lot of the schools are on both lists! So, what's so bad about his making a decision that includes his passion? As long as he makes grades (he has so far), why would we not support his pursuing D-III hockey?

I can think of way more reasons TO support him than to not.

Just like you and your kid.

Hmmm, imagine that!