Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NCDC???

Anon
Anon
I guess the forward from the IHC who committed to Yale doesn\'t count?
No scholarship for this kid. Will be lucky to make the team. Played HS at Bishop Guertin???
Only has 19 goals on Tier 3. Good luck with this Superstar!
Ivy league schools don't give athletic scholarships to anyone. The kid will get into Yale and will get some portion of it paid if his family qualifies for financial aid, which is the same thing that any other player on his team will get. That's a home run in my book.

3 players have been decomitted on IHC, all aging out this season, now where are they going, good job Tremblay!

Anon
3 players have been decomitted on IHC, all aging out this season, now where are they going, good job Tremblay!
36-2-0. Yeah, awful coach. AND, BTW, USA Hockey is begging the NCDC teams to come back - as Tier II.

Sorry your kid got cut.

Anon
Anon
36-2-0. Yeah, awful coach. AND, BTW, USA Hockey is begging the NCDC teams to come back - as Tier II.

Sorry your kid got cut.
No USA Hockey is not begging this Tier 3 junk to come back as Tier 2. You clearly are mistaken.
IHC has lost 3 commits even with that stellar Tier 3 record. Hahahahahahha

Anon
Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
No USA Hockey is not begging this Tier 3 junk to come back as Tier 2. You clearly are mistaken.
IHC has lost 3 commits even with that stellar Tier 3 record. Hahahahahahha
'Twas another article written by Joe K. He should stick to advising if he had anyone to advise. Total a$$ clown.

Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
36-2-0?? It's like being the tallest midget in the room, playing against god awful talent

Anon
Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
36-2-0?? It's like being the tallest midget in the room, playing against god awful talent
Lets call it what it is; very good hockey. Somewhere between Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
36-2-0?? It\'s like being the tallest midget in the room, playing against god awful talent
Yes. Exactly. Tier II 1/2 - for now. An opportunity for local kids, if they want it. Zero downside.

And, anyone that wants to sneeze at a .947 winning percentage doesn't know hockey. They don't have special access to talent or a bunch of "ringers." The difference between individual players at the top Midget and Junior levels is not very obvious. And, pucks bounce funny sometimes. 36-2-0 doesn't just happen.

Print the roster, check back in 3 years, see who's still playing where. That, not commitments, will tell you who has talent. Commitments today don't mean much.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
36-2-0?? It\\\'s like being the tallest midget in the room, playing against god awful talent
Yes. Exactly. Tier II 1/2 - for now. An opportunity for local kids, if they want it. Zero downside.

And, anyone that wants to sneeze at a .947 winning percentage doesn't know hockey. They don't have special access to talent or a bunch of "ringers." The difference between individual players at the top Midget and Junior levels is not very obvious. And, pucks bounce funny sometimes. 36-2-0 doesn't just happen.

Print the roster, check back in 3 years, see who's still playing where. That, not commitments, will tell you who has talent. Commitments today don't mean much.
The bottom 4-5 teams in the NCDC is just brutal! Maybe I should print off my kids Mite record when they were 22-1 and say that his league was great?

Anon
The bottom 4-5 teams in the NCDC is just brutal! Maybe I should print off my kids Mite record when they were 22-1 and say that his league was great?
Of course, how could I be so stupid! I forgot that the RG was able to have his boys only play games against the bottom 4-5 teams!

****ing idiot.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut.
36-2-0?? It\\\\\\\'s like being the tallest midget in the room, playing against god awful talent

And, anyone that wants to sneeze at a .947 winning percentage doesn\'t know hockey. They don\'t have special access to talent or a bunch of \"ringers.\" The difference between individual players at the top Midget and Junior levels is not very obvious. And, pucks bounce funny sometimes. 36-2-0 doesn\'t just happen.

Print the roster, check back in 3 years, see who\'s still playing where. That, not commitments, will tell you who has talent. Commitments today don\'t mean much.
When I see people crap on NCDC I always wonder why? Why the ax to grind? Why wouldn't you want to see the league succeed?

I'll tell you this; The U16 and U18 divisions are getting stronger every year and IMHO are only gonna get stronger. The likelihood is, this will improve the Junior teams as well.

Lets call it 2B or 3+ for now and root for it to continue getting better!

Yeah that sucks that he is smart enough to get into Yale. Do you think he is really worrying about a hockey career. You probably do because your only vision into the world is through the d board. Get a life.

I see kids with D-I commits doing these Tier II and Tier III junior leagues and I shake my head. Obviously if a Hockey East coach called a USHL team they would make a spot for a kid. And I would think too having a kid who came off of a) living out of his house for a year or two, b) playing a 60 game schedule, c) playing against the best players in the states d) playing in front of 3,000 - 4,000 fans some nights would put a kid miles ahead of where he would be when he stays here. What are these kids / parents / coaches thinking when they keep kids here?

anon
I see kids with D-I commits doing these Tier II and Tier III junior leagues and I shake my head. Obviously if a Hockey East coach called a USHL team they would make a spot for a kid. And I would think too having a kid who came off of a) living out of his house for a year or two, b) playing a 60 game schedule, c) playing against the best players in the states d) playing in front of 3,000 - 4,000 fans some nights would put a kid miles ahead of where he would be when he stays here. What are these kids / parents / coaches thinking when they keep kids here?
There are only so many roster spots in the USHL. A d1 coach can get the player a real look but that does not mean the kid will stick or play much. If they get cut or habe limited playing time then NAHL, BCHL, AJHL, CCHL, NCDC puck up players.

Very, very competitive out there. When we had the ejhl, it was a good alternative for many d1 prospects. Hopefully NCDC continues the trend

Anon
anon
There are only so many roster spots in the USHL. A d1 coach can get the player a real look but that does not mean the kid will stick or play much. If they get cut or habe limited playing time then NAHL, BCHL, AJHL, CCHL, NCDC puck up players.

Very, very competitive out there. When we had the ejhl, it was a good alternative for many d1 prospects. Hopefully NCDC continues the trend
And, a D-I commit isn't what it used to be.

Plus, USHL is bringing more international players in.

Net net, increased demand, shrinking supply.

Anon
Anon
anon

And, a D-I commit isn't what it used to be.

Lets see the reality of this NCDC.....
-Have lost as many or more commits than gained in first year. Thats a fact!
-No USA hockey affiliation and college coaches do care. They want that USHL or NAHL pipeline. They don't burn bridges.
-zero attendance unless you count grandma
-Tier? Well we don't really know. We will call ourselves a different name every year.
-Word is youth parents are becoming wise to the scheme.
-Zero positive press unless you count the same clown who is a scout/advisor/reporter/coach from the Junior Hockey News rag of a magazine.

If someone has real numbers please share, otherwise they are no better than EHL. EHL at least doesn't try to be something its not. I may want a Porsche, but in reality I have a Chevy. Just because I stick a Porsche emblem on it, realistically its still a $hitbox Chevy.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

And, a D-I commit isn\'t what it used to be.

-No USA hockey affiliation and college coaches do care. They want that USHL or NAHL pipeline. They don't burn bridges.
-Tier? Well we don't really know. We will call ourselves a different name every year.
-Zero positive press unless you count the same clown who is a scout/advisor/reporter/coach from the Junior Hockey News rag of a magazine.

If someone has real numbers please share, otherwise they are no better than EHL. EHL at least doesn't try to be something its not. I may want a Porsche, but in reality I have a Chevy. Just because I stick a Porsche emblem on it, realistically its still a $hitbox Chevy.
Blah blah blah, all said 50 times before.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

And, a D-I commit isn\\\'t what it used to be.

-No USA hockey affiliation and college coaches do care. They want that USHL or NAHL pipeline. They don\'t burn bridges.
-Tier? Well we don\'t really know. We will call ourselves a different name every year.

If someone has real numbers please share, otherwise they are no better than EHL. EHL at least doesn\'t try to be something its not. I may want a Porsche, but in reality I have a Chevy. Just because I stick a Porsche emblem on it, realistically its still a \$hitbox Chevy.
Blah blah blah, all said 50 times before.
Nice to see you finally agree.

It's a crap league

Anon
It's a crap league
Well, I can't find fault with such a compelling case stated so eloquently!

Crap it is, then! Dilly Dilly!