email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Walstrom Decommits - Again!

NEHJ
OK, and where is \"your son\" playing now? My guess is not at any level respected in the hockey world. Also, glad to know and I am impressed that you personally know 2 dads whose kids are in the NHL. Does that make you an expert? If you kid stayed with Dynamic maybe he would be a better player.

You are obviously clueless!
On the old dboard, this is the part where the "Blow Me" guy would check in. :laughing:

Anon
NEHJ
I get a kick out of all you people who love to trash these kids over and over again. All 3 players in these posts, OW. JW, and TJW are all great players and better yet great kids. I have know all of them since they were coming up through their youth programs and have had the opportunity to write about all of them in articles that I have written.

You all trash OW for changing schools and for all these other things, who cares! The kid was a leading scorer at the national program and will be a great college or OHL player. He has great work ethic and will be a great pro.

The last poster obviously does not know a thing about JW. The kid has had one unfortunate injury and now appears to have another, both on fluke plays. Injuries happen at every level. There a many pros that get hurt and come back stronger every time. His work ethic is the over the top whether in the gym or on the ice. He came back from injury last year and was a top 5 scorer in the USHL in points per game and ended up 5th in scoring on the national team with playing 26 fewer games than anyone else. His coach wrote many quotes about him and how hard he worked thru his injury.

TJW unfortunately had 2 bad injuries and has worked hard to become one of the best players in the USHL this year. He just committed to a great HE school. He is a great kid and works his butt off both on and off the ice. He is a top scorer in the USHL this year and will be great in college. I would not be surprised if he gets drafted this year.

The last poster also mentions KB, now we all know that you are an idiot and know nothing about what you are talking about. He and his program are by far the best around. He is the skating coach for the B's and the players love him. I have had the opportunity to speak with many of them and they can not say enough things about him.

So keep trashing kids and now adults, but hopefully someday you will learn the sport and focus your attentions on the positive.

Is it at all possible that since you are part of the hockey media you are seeing these players and, perhaps more importantly, their families, at their very best?

My son is in the same birth year as these three players, has played with and against all three, and believe me, they are not exactly known among the boys in the locker room as good teammates. I have heard the same thing all the way to the USNTDP or, in the case of TJW, in the way he reacted to not making the NTDP.

As for the dads, I have interacted with two of them personally, and they think their kids' **** don't stink. I also know personally two dads whose sons are now in the NHL. They are great guys to talk hockey with, and extremely level-headed about their millionaire sons. So isn't envy, or some sort of personal bias.

I happen to agree that KB is a good guy, my kid's been through Dynamic more than once, but I also understand that a lot of people have had a different experience. It isn't up to me to tell people how they should think about someone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And BTW, it isn't "by far the best around." It's good, not great. We haven't continued because we have been working with people, more credentialed, that have helped with all aspects of my son's game. Dynamic's focus is fairly narrow. It's an important area of focus, but it isn't the whole package. I'll extend you the courtesy of not calling you "an idiot," though, because my guess is you haven't spent a whole lot of time on skates and don't know enough to be able to really evaluate someone.

Finally, when I look up the word "commitment" I see "a pledge or promise; obligation." I'm not being naive, I understand the way we use the word today in hockey is, sadly, very different, on both sides. But, at some point you do have to keep your promises. If you see a guy that has been married four times, do you admire him, because he's a "great guy," or do you say, "dude, think it through the next time." Would you want your sister to be in a relationship with him?

Now, go back behind your paywall.
Reek of jealousy much? You know hockey is different but you'll make the analogy to marriage anyway?

Most decomittments are forced by colleges. Few players have leverage and when you have it you should use it. If you don't want the guy pursuing your sister to change his comittment, tell your sister not to have 3-4 comitted for the same spot at the same time while you tell all of them them that I know we are engaged, but I don't want to get married this year, maybe next.

NEHJ
I get a kick out of all you people who love to trash these kids over and over again. All 3 players in these posts, OW. JW, and TJW are all great players and better yet great kids. I have know all of them since they were coming up through their youth programs and have had the opportunity to write about all of them in articles that I have written.

You all trash OW for changing schools and for all these other things, who cares! The kid was a leading scorer at the national program and will be a great college or OHL player. He has great work ethic and will be a great pro.

The last poster obviously does not know a thing about JW. The kid has had one unfortunate injury and now appears to have another, both on fluke plays. Injuries happen at every level. There a many pros that get hurt and come back stronger every time. His work ethic is the over the top whether in the gym or on the ice. He came back from injury last year and was a top 5 scorer in the USHL in points per game and ended up 5th in scoring on the national team with playing 26 fewer games than anyone else. His coach wrote many quotes about him and how hard he worked thru his injury.

TJW unfortunately had 2 bad injuries and has worked hard to become one of the best players in the USHL this year. He just committed to a great HE school. He is a great kid and works his butt off both on and off the ice. He is a top scorer in the USHL this year and will be great in college. I would not be surprised if he gets drafted this year.

The last poster also mentions KB, now we all know that you are an idiot and know nothing about what you are talking about. He and his program are by far the best around. He is the skating coach for the B's and the players love him. I have had the opportunity to speak with many of them and they can not say enough things about him.

So keep trashing kids and now adults, but hopefully someday you will learn the sport and focus your attentions on the positive.

I have no idea if he's a good kid or not, but there is no way Wahlstrom becomes a great pro. Based on what I have seen from him this year he won't even sniff the Hobey. He has a great shot, I will give him that, but he is otherwise invisible on the ice. When Jack Eichel was a freshman, every shift that he was on the ice, you knew that he was there. Same with Johnny Hockey. Sorry NEHJ, you are wrong on Wahlstrom. Time to start covering another sport.

1 assist in 14 games for OW playing huge minutes and PP..

No offense to the kid, who may be a decent human being, but that's flat out horrible given the level of competition in HE this year.

So what defines a great pro? Kid will play in the NHL and make a lot of money doing it. Maybe not to Eichel's level but he'll be there and your kid won't. Sucks to bu.

anon
So what defines a great pro? Kid will play in the NHL and make a lot of money doing it. Maybe not to Eichel's level but he'll be there and your kid won't. Sucks to bu.
You don't know that. Nobody does. It's tough to stick on an NHL roster. And the salary difference between playing NHL and AHL is 15:1, even for a first round draft pick. If he can't demonstrate success at the college level, his bargaining power drops precipitously.

so you know he won't be a good pro, but there is no way anyone can know that he will be...ok gotcha.

anon
so you know he won't be a good pro, but there is no way anyone can know that he will be...ok gotcha.
Two different posters, two different opinions. Even on an anonymous message board you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that.

anon
So what defines a great pro? Kid will play in the NHL and make a lot of money doing it. Maybe not to Eichel\\\\\\\'s level but he\\\\\\\'ll be there and your kid won\\\\\\\'t. Sucks to bu.
Settle down Samantha. I hope the kid does do well, I just don't see it based on his play at BC. My comment was merely responding to the Nostradamus of the NEHJ who claimed that Wahlstrom would be a great pro.

And, by the way, I am fully aware that my kid isn't making the NHL. Fortunately for me I don't measure my manhood by my kid's hockey success, I measure my manhood in inches (nine and a half, just ask your wife).

Anonandon
anon
So what defines a great pro? Kid will play in the NHL and make a lot of money doing it. Maybe not to Eichel\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s level but he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be there and your kid won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t. Sucks to bu.
Settle down Samantha. I hope the kid does do well, I just don't see it based on his play at BC. My comment was merely responding to the Nostradamus of the NEHJ who claimed that Wahlstrom would be a great pro.

And, by the way, I am fully aware that my kid isn't making the NHL. Fortunately for me I don't measure my manhood by my kid's hockey success, I measure my manhood in inches (nine and a half, just ask your wife).
yeah you just measure it by how it makes you feel when you wish the worst for others

nice 13 year old humor though, falls right in line with who you are now

OW must have lit your kid up bad

Your right. Time to head out to watch the local whack a puck games but lookng foward to the WJC tournament starting on the 26th.

anon
Anonandon
anon
So what defines a great pro? Kid will play in the NHL and make a lot of money doing it. Maybe not to Eichel\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s level but he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be there and your kid won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t. Sucks to bu.
Settle down Samantha. I hope the kid does do well, I just don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t see it based on his play at BC. My comment was merely responding to the Nostradamus of the NEHJ who claimed that Wahlstrom would be a great pro.

And, by the way, I am fully aware that my kid isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t making the NHL. Fortunately for me I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t measure my manhood by my kid\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s hockey success, I measure my manhood in inches (nine and a half, just ask your wife).
yeah you just measure it by how it makes you feel when you wish the worst for others

nice 13 year old humor though, falls right in line with who you are now

OW must have lit your kid up bad
The sentence structure of your comments makes me concerned that you are either (a) a Nigerian prince that will soon ask me for money with the promise of later sharing in a much larger fortune that he will soon claim or (b) currently experiencing a stroke.

To be clear, because I am a nice person, I hope that neither of these things is true. Merry Christmas.

yay - eveyrone loves the grammar guy

It's "everyone" not "eveyrone". I'm also a spelling guy.

JW will be released from BU after next season. Most likely rip it up at Salem State. Go Vikings!

Norwich is waiting...…..

Anon
JW will be released from BU after next season. Most likely rip it up at Salem State. Go Vikings!
Will still be better than your kid, move on

Anon
Anon
Will still be better than your kid, move on
Ok dad