Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Timber?

Still? Must be about ready to age out.

Anon
Still? Must be about ready to age out.
Wow. Nice.

ECHL isn't Juniors. No aging out. I remember reading about a guy who was 40 and still playing.

Ah the good ole days, Timber, Lil' Tidbit, Thanks Dad Donato, etc. Forever enshrined in the dBoard HOF.

Don't forget 'The Little Superstar!"

We need a generation of boys who will lead!

Timber playing at the Kalamazoo Wings / ECHL - 17/18 and he is 23 years old!?!?! Wha wha wha what now? "Welcome to Backwater State University son....says here you're 23 years old....is this correct?"

Kalamazoo Wings ECHL GP48 G14 A27 TP41 PM19 +/- -23

anon
Timber playing at the Kalamazoo Wings / ECHL - 17/18 and he is 23 years old!?!?! Wha wha wha what now? "Welcome to Backwater State University son....says here you're 23 years old....is this correct?"

I don't know the kid, but he did make it to the A last year. That means he was making good money playing hockey. He doesn't seem to be rostered anywhere this year. I suppose he gave it a shot last year, and has moved on.

Tell me if your 22 year had a shot at sticking in the A that you wouldn't encourage him to try.

I also don't know if he has any interest in college. Most kids that go to the Q don't. But, LOTS of 23 year olds start college, every year. And 33 year olds, And 43 year olds.

Anon
anon
Timber playing at the Kalamazoo Wings / ECHL - 17/18 and he is 23 years old!?!?! Wha wha wha what now? \"Welcome to Backwater State University son....says here you\'re 23 years old....is this correct?\"

I don't know the kid, but he did make it to the A last year. That means he was making good money playing hockey. He doesn't seem to be rostered anywhere this year. I suppose he gave it a shot last year, and has moved on.

Tell me if your 22 year had a shot at sticking in the A that you wouldn't encourage him to try.

I also don't know if he has any interest in college. Most kids that go to the Q don't. But, LOTS of 23 year olds start college, every year. And 33 year olds, And 43 year olds.
If your playing in the A on an "A" contract, your making somewhere between $50K-$70K if your lucky. If your on an ECHL contract and you get loaned to the A, your making a lot less.

The older brother was on a one way AHL deal, meaning he made somewhere between $75k to $100k that year. Not sure about the younger brother. Funny how people still feel the need to bash kids even after playing games in the AHL. Lets face it, in order to play at that level (even one game) you need to be a very legit hockey player. Sad that some fat, never talented dads feel compelled to try to tear kids down. Pathetic.

Anon
The older brother was on a one way AHL deal, meaning he made somewhere between $75k to $100k that year. Not sure about the younger brother. Funny how people still feel the need to bash kids even after playing games in the AHL. Lets face it, in order to play at that level (even one game) you need to be a very legit hockey player. Sad that some fat, never talented dads feel compelled to try to tear kids down. Pathetic.
Sad is someone going back and finding a 9 month old thread that never went anywhere at the time so they can get all high-and-mighty about it.

As P.T. Barnum is thought to have said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Anon
No, he was making around 40K, only guys signing NHL deals who play in AHL are making between 75K-100K, Playing a handful of A games doesn't make a career. Now both of them are making $500 per week in the Coast.

$40k isn't even league minimum. Average salary in the A is about $100k. Fact.

Anon
The league minimum is not 100K, your info is wrong

Anon
Anon
$40k isn\'t even league minimum. Average salary in the A is about $100k. Fact.
The league minimum is not 100K, your info is wrong
He didn't say the minimum was $100K, he said it's the average. The average can't ever be the same as the minimum unless it's also the maximum.

Your brain is wrong.

Anon
40-45K is the league minimum, fact.

Timber is his brother, who is with the Indy Fuel

Anon
So, wait, this family has two kids that played in the A, and they are somehow deserving of scorn and ridicule?

How many of you will have ONE kid that plays ONE game at that level?

No it was a jealous parent who would always post 'those kids are terrible' 'they will never make it' 'after their time in Halifax they can't go to college' legendary DBoard stuff.

anon
No it was a jealous parent who would always post \'those kids are terrible\' \'they will never make it\' \'after their time in Halifax they can\'t go to college\' legendary DBoard stuff.
Is it the same jealous parent posting in this thread about Backwater State, etc? Or just another random D Board dbag?

Anon
Anon
So, wait, this family has two kids that played in the A, and they are somehow deserving of scorn and ridicule?

How many of you will have ONE kid that plays ONE game at that level?
No, one kid retired from the ECHL, another kid is current in the ECHL. Whish them the best.

Moynihan or something like that?

With all the back and forth on AHL league salaries, both players are in the Coast, making about $500 per week.

ECHL league min is $500 per week. Fact. With AHL games under their belt they are obviously not league minimum type players. Probably closer to $1,000 per week. More than you are pulling in buddy:joy: