Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D1 vs D3

Anon
Anon
Leave the guy alone. Clearly he’s the only one who has figured it out.
Haven't figured anything out. I'm not the one calling anyone a liar. Just relating to people that don't have an advisor - which is the question I originally answered that started all of this - what my personal experience has been.

What I also can't figure out is the mentality of people that would tell someone whose experience is different than theirs they they are "wrong." My guess is these are the same wing nuts that are best avoided at the rink, because they know everything.

I especially love the guy that said I was getting "hosed." Three years of extremely helpful advice, access to the contacts of an NHL certified agent that represents many, many professional players, including several Bruins, with as many as six more years to go, for the price of a stick. Yeah, I'm feeling really taken advantage of.

Legal advice is funny. Very smart lawyers will interpret the same rules very differently, Some are conservative, some are aggressive. I didn't tell the guy how his company should do business. I have zero problem with the relationship we have. I don't care if I'm the only one he charged, ever. It was how they were interpreting the rules at the time. I'm sure all of you that know better would have told the guy he was "wrong" when he asked to represent your kid.
Paying for helpful advice doesn't make your kid better.

Anyone know the difference between club-d3-d1? Is there a big difference or are kids basically interchangable based on who you know?

Yes there is a difference, sometimes the differences are glaring other times they are much more subtle but there is usually a difference in the caliber of players. Watch a game for UMASS Boston then watch say Minnesota State vs. Minnesota Duluth and you will realize there is a difference, you just might not be able to really articulate it well.

As for club, it's all over the place. Large schools with a solid hockey tradition can have very good club teams while at smaller schools the club teams would lose to many Varsity high school hockey programs.

Sounds confusing. Should I hire someone to help advise me and my son? Also I never played but it just so happens my last name is Messier and I named my kid Mark. Will that help at all?

Anon
Sounds confusing. Should I hire someone to help advise me and my son? Also I never played but it just so happens my last name is Messier and I named my kid Mark. Will that help at all?
Make sure you pay the Advisor $250