Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quinnipiac/ NCDC connection

ANON
Yes

My point being that #5 in the country Quinnipiac brought in a kid from NCDC

Not USHL
Not NAHL
It's based upon need, availability and willingness of recruits to come in early and give up a year of eligibility. Kids on a normal recruiting path usually don't want to play half season, younger ones might not be done with HS etc.

When you have to celebrate a one-off depth add from NCDC as...see, not from ushl blah blah blah doesn't change the fact that NCDC is a distant third compared to the other leagues you mention and that' won't change.

anon
ANON
Yes

My point being that #5 in the country Quinnipiac brought in a kid from NCDC

Not USHL
Not NAHL
It's based upon need, availability and willingness of recruits to come in early and give up a year of eligibility. Kids on a normal recruiting path usually don't want to play half season, younger ones might not be done with HS etc.

When you have to celebrate a one-off depth add from NCDC as...see, not from usah blah blah blah doesn't change the fact that NCDC is a distant third compared to the other leagues you mention and that' won't change.
A distant third (in the U.S) in its second year....not too shabby.

And, there's more distance from 3rd to 4th than there is from 2nd to 3rd.

It was a distant third before the rebranding and it is after. Nothing has really changed. It's still a non factor in the grand scheme of things. Maybe that will change but without USAH support, I doubt it.

It's behind Canadian Jr. A so that pushes them down even further. Jr. A has several leagues across Canada. Not sure if they are all the same level but clearly BCHL and AJHL are better than NCDC.

anon
It was a distant third before the rebranding and it is after. Nothing has really changed. It's still a non factor in the grand scheme of things. Maybe that will change but without USAH support, I doubt it.
It isn't just "rebranding." They changed the entire structure to make it tuition free. That means they started signing a different caliber of player, and only started doing so last year. You have to give it time to see where it's going. Could be up, could be down.

And yes, tbe BCHL and AJHL are better. That's why I clarified the prior post to add that these are U.S. Juniors.

The truth is, there are only so many "different caliber of player" around. Let's water-down Junior hockey now that we've killed Town Hockey, killed High School Hockey, killed the Catholic Conference, killed Prep Hockey and killed Full Season Hockey. Bravo!

There are far to many "tuition free" options that are much better resourced. Unless there is some other radical change that can differentiate NCDC, there is no reason for elite players from other geographies to play there. And there is still too many reasons for elite players from NE to go to the USHL or Junior A.

Root for it all you want but if you are outside of the USAH fold, you will never get close to those leagues.

Anon
anon
It was a distant third before the rebranding and it is after. Nothing has really changed. It\'s still a non factor in the grand scheme of things. Maybe that will change but without USAH support, I doubt it.
It isn't just "rebranding." They changed the entire structure to make it tuition free. That means they started signing a different caliber of player, and only started doing so last year. You have to give it time to see where it's going. Could be up, could be down.

And yes, tbe BCHL and AJHL are better. That's why I clarified the prior post to add that these are U.S. Juniors.
No there not? A pig is a pig, no matter what color lipstick you put on it.