The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is going on with JW from Boston U?

Most kids that go the NTDP route do not pan out to have NHL careers or even minor league careers. Check the facts. JW's parents dropped the ball big time with the parenting thing. Imagine if your kid had an opportunity to go to Harvard and you let him turn it down. Wake up !

Anon
Most kids that go the NTDP route do not pan out to have NHL careers or even minor league careers. Check the facts. JW's parents dropped the ball big time with the parenting thing. Imagine if your kid had an opportunity to go to Harvard and you let him turn it down. Wake up !
Are you the same dude thatcwanted him to go to Yale? These aren't A student's we're talking about...

JW is no genius, Harvard and Yale would not be options. Only reason why BU is an option is he is majoring in hockey. He skated thru CC and did not break any academic records, prep school would have required him to study and just like the off ice training it is not what he likes to do.

Rumor has it he didn't return to school this week.

You people really need to get lives and stop focusing on an 18 year old boy

JW’s days are over at BU. If he gets to the gym and rehabs he has a future in D3. His buddies from Dynamic will get him a shot somewhere.

anon
JW’s days are over at BU. If he gets to the gym and rehabs he has a future in D3. His buddies from Dynamic will get him a shot somewhere.
More of a shot than your kid will ever have.

Just image the money JW's parents have invested in hockey. I heard they spent over $50,000 on the Shot Doctor alone. I few years ago he was projected to be the first overall nhl draft pic. So I could see the investment. Just doesn't look good for him going forward.

Anon
Just image the money JW's parents have invested in hockey. I heard they spent over $50,000 on the Shot Doctor alone. I few years ago he was projected to be the first overall nhl draft pic. So I could see the investment. Just doesn't look good for him going forward.
He’s so small. Not big enough. Same thing people have been saying for years.

Anon
Anon
Just image the money JW\'s parents have invested in hockey. I heard they spent over $50,000 on the Shot Doctor alone. I few years ago he was projected to be the first overall nhl draft pic. So I could see the investment. Just doesn\'t look good for him going forward.
He’s so small. Not big enough. Same thing people have been saying for years.
His size is fine. If anything, he's a little too thick. But, his size used to be an asset. No longer.

And, it isn't even that he doesn't get into the gym. Casey Middlestadt couldn't do a single pullup at the Combine. Think he managed one rep on the bench.

The concerns about JW's size are more about his head and his heart.

Never understood the attraction. Saw him play in high school and a big public school defender just schooled him, I was left scratching my head.

I saw him get lit up a couple of times in high school skating with his head down; he did not repsond well after those hits. But he did have a big mouth in the locker room, didn’t exactly win over his teammates. Sounds like not much has changed, no need for BU to put up with a player who is always in the training room and not exactly a team guy.

anon
I saw him get lit up a couple of times in high school skating with his head down; he did not repsond well after those hits. But he did have a big mouth in the locker room, didn’t exactly win over his teammates. Sounds like not much has changed, no need for BU to put up with a player who is always in the training room and not exactly a team guy.
You really must have some unresolved issues, sorry your kids career is over.

Anon
anon
You really must have some unresolved issues, sorry your kids career is over.
I have no idea how your come-back relates to the post you quoted.

Sounds like three careers are over, including the genius who quoted the original poster

I have no relations or even know JW, but the people who continue to criticize the kid. What cowards, I'm sure your a great role model to your kids.

This is not criticism, these are people sharing facts related to the multi million dollar business of NCAA Hockey. Time for JW to grow up if he is going to stick around.

So did JW withdraw from school?

Yup. Either withdrew or ask not to come back. Essentially the same thing.

anon
Yup. Either withdrew or ask not to come back. Essentially the same thing.
He had a good run.

He is still on the roster, dumb _ss. It must be tough for you to deal with it.