email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: can someone explain junior hockey

Anon
No one who has a senior prep school hockey player is this clueless. Troll job.
Correction: "high end academic prep school" with a "pretty good" hockey team.

And, despite all the support from the school, and undoubtedly numerous college visits, Dad and kid are only now taking about deferring.

Yeah, right.

Anon
Anon
No one who has a senior prep school hockey player is this clueless. Troll job.
Correction: "high end academic prep school" with a "pretty good" hockey team.

And, despite all the support from the school, and undoubtedly numerous college visits, Dad and kid are only now taking about deferring.

Yeah, right.
piling on --- about now you should be receiving the acceptance letters. if he is a 'good' student at a 'high end academic' prep school he is looking to be accepted to a high end college: BC BU NU, for a parent that 'sent him for the education' you are instead looking for a D3 opportunity -- maybe... this just sounds so much of a troll job.

if you are serious: he would have been approached 'by someone': even his current coach about the 'next level', the fact he has not, means he is not going 'anywhere'.

Agreed you can't possibly have no idea what the good junior leagues are if your kid is just about done with prep school

"My son is graduating form a pretty high end academic prep school this year..." So where have your college search led you thus far? Certainly he and his prep advisers have him applying to colleges already. If not:

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/2012/12/top-10-recruiting-tips.php

Local JR Hockey is where local kids go for a year or two (8-10K per year) before going to Fitchburg State or working at the local skate shop.

Anon
Local JR Hockey is where local kids go for a year or two (8-10K per year) before going to Fitchburg State or working at the local skate shop.
Ummm, yeah, well, ummm, there are those NCDC and NAHL things that are tuition free and lead to pretty good college opportunities, including D-I.

And, candidly, most of the kids playing Tier III juniors aren't college material anyway, from what I've seen.

Anon
Anon
Ummm, yeah, well, ummm, there are those NCDC and NAHL things that are tuition free and lead to pretty good college opportunities, including D-I.

And, candidly, most of the kids playing Tier III juniors aren't college material anyway, from what I've seen.
Most of the NCDC doesn't lead to any decent college opportunities as well.

Anon
Anon
Anon

And, candidly, most of the kids playing Tier III juniors aren\'t college material anyway, from what I\'ve seen.
Most of the NCDC doesn't lead to any decent college opportunities as well.
Doesn't matter what happens in "most" of the NCDC. The locals have been putting people into BU, Union, Quinnipiac, etc etc.

Keep hating. Meantime, the league's reputation is growing and the scouts are there.

https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/446473-the-junior-hockey-landscape-what-you-need-to-know

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

And, candidly, most of the kids playing Tier III juniors aren\\\'t college material anyway, from what I\\\'ve seen.
Most of the NCDC doesn\'t lead to any decent college opportunities as well.
Doesn't matter what happens in "most" of the NCDC. The locals have been putting people into BU, Union, Quinnipiac, etc etc.

Keep hating. Meantime, the league's reputation is growing and the scouts are there.
Yes, they do need 3rd and 4th liners to fill out their programs, or for most of them, watch from the stands