Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Merrimack

My only problem is that the NCAA puts collective rules over the players without the ability to collectively bargain. Give the players the same right to leave a team and maybe the coaches and programs would behave differently. Most of those kids didn't sign up to play for Borek and if he can get rid of them, they should have the freedome to leave without sitting out.

Sad time for College hockey and Merrimack college, I hope these players will be ok and will find other places to play. The people we should all be concerned about are those that chose to do this to players, and those who justify it in the media... if they are ok with doing that... I feel for them!

anon
Black Monday with a lot of players sent packing. Welcome to NCAA sports. Athletes are pawns. They get killed when they change comittments. All the NCAA and coach apologists scream where's the loyalty. But now you see the posts from Cox and the likes, "well this is just part of the way things work" and "this coach did it so it's ok for that coach to do it to". They won't criticize or they will get kicked out of the club.
my issue is some of these kids came in after the coach was hired. the others were recruited by the current assistant. be a better coach and coach these kids up.

Players come and go. That's another huge advantage for NCAA. No one is around long enough to fight the system. By the time the Northwestern football lawsuit made it through the courts, many graduated and moved on with their lives. NCAA has a transient workforce that they can wait out and it works.

New recruits coming in over next few years are questionable DIII players let alone DI.

Anon
New recruits coming in over next few years are questionable DIII players let alone DI.
Agreed. Merrimack is not a destination for talent. They would be best served by moving into the Atlantic Hockey conference and getting out of Hockey East. Things would be much better for the program.