The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NCDC Changes

My son plays NCDC. Wide range of talent. Rumor has it they are throwing in the towel in trying to say they are a T2 option and tryin to merge the top few teams into the east division of the NAHL....will still call it NCDC but financials not working out for them and nobody going straight to D1 with any success from there.

Look for this to go back to a pay to play option with a select few teams changing leagues.

I was surprised to hear this and not sure if for coming season or next but my source (son’s coach) seems to think it will happen.

Re: NCDC Changes

There's some logic to that, except the part about the financials not working out. The other teams are being taxed, no question about that. Maybe it's because the Premier and Elite teams are run so badly that no one is willing to pay what they are charging any more?

The bigger issue could be that, as a "Tier IIa," they just aren't attracting the talent. No parent I spoke with at the Pre-Draft this weekend said they were targeting NCDC teams. 100% NAHL.

Not sure how the Generals, Titans and Nordiques would feel about the Hitmen, Junior Bruins and Islanders joining the NAHL, though. An East Division makes sense from a travel perspective, but those organizations don't have the teams to tax the NCDC teams do. That HAVE to depend on at least some gate and ad revenue.

Also can't see it happening this year. It's a little late.

Put down the crack pipe. NAHL and USA Hockey want no part of NCDC.

NCDC hurting. It’s T3, and every college coach will tell you that. Older kids who can’t hang in USHL or NAHL go there. The young guys with talent hang in Prep or USHL.

Makes sense, but no way RG’s ego would even talk about this. USPHL basically becoming the WSHL nobody wants to play in.

Previous poster is right. EVERY good player looking to play NAHL team, which is why 2 more teams popping up in east next year. NCDC ok concept but not as a D1 feeder.

Another blow is the NAPHL coming east this year. USPHL awful at 16/18, so that will grow and take any of the few good midget players locally.

Sorry this is a dumb thread. So NCDC, with its feeder system in place makes no financial sense but NAHL makes sense because of tickets sales. No one is going to watch the Generals. Generals will fold long before NCDC.

anon
Sorry this is a dumb thread. So NCDC, with its feeder system in place makes no financial session but NAHL makes sense because of tickets sales. No one is going to watch the Generals. Generals will fold long before NCDC.
Why do you think the Generals added U16 and U18 teams this year?

Anon
anon
Sorry this is a dumb thread. So NCDC, with its feeder system in place makes no financial session but NAHL makes sense because of tickets sales. No one is going to watch the Generals. Generals will fold long before NCDC.
east boston hahahaha

anon
Anon
anon
east boston hahahaha
Meaning, what?

Someone made the same point once before. Maybe you making the same point again?

Not sure I understand the point.

anon
Sorry this is a dumb thread. So NCDC, with its feeder system in place makes no financial sense but NAHL makes sense because of tickets sales. No one is going to watch the Generals. Generals will fold long before NCDC.
Not with USAH backing. They are here for a reason.

anon
anon
Not with USAH backing. They are here for a reason.
That's right. Basically, a small portion of every kid's donation to USA Hockey is supporting the Generals.

The NCDC was denied Tier II status because USA Hockey didn't like the taxing of kids to support junior hockey.

Only they are allowed to do that.

Not really how it works.

Sorry your NCDC got cut.

You think USA Hockey shares money with teams? So what they write a check to the Generals? Hahahahaha.

Also the NAHL has no reason or need to do anything with the NCDC. Why would they? Different leagues, different models. Not saying NCDC is bad or NAHL is awesome but they are competing with each other. And it looks like the NAHL is winning so why would they join forces? On the other hand the NCDC has a model that works for some of the teams and they are still filling their youth and pay to play teams so why would they go away from that?

This post makes less than no sense.

As for teams adding other teams like the Generals adding full season teams. Of course profits will help offset NAHL losses. But if you think that will get them to a break even point alone you are crazy. From the signings I have seen online they are doing fine but they are only charging $8,500. That isn't going to make them rich.

Anon
You think USA Hockey shares money with teams? So what they write a check to the Generals? Hahahahaha.

Also the NAHL has no reason or need to do anything with the NCDC. Why would they? Different leagues, different models. Not saying NCDC is bad or NAHL is awesome but they are competing with each other. And it looks like the NAHL is winning so why would they join forces? On the other hand the NCDC has a model that works for some of the teams and they are still filling their youth and pay to play teams so why would they go away from that?

As for teams adding other teams like the Generals adding full season teams. Of course profits will help offset NAHL losses. But if you think that will get them to a break even point alone you are crazy. From the signings I have seen online they are doing fine but they are only charging $8,500. That isn't going to make them rich.
If it ain’t USHL it’s JV League.

Anon

NAHL would love to have Bruins, Hitmen, Islanders, Rangers. They would drop the Gens in a heart beat if they could get these teams.

Haha put the bottle down buddy tell your kid to work harder so he can finally get out of a tier 3 league and into real junior hockey. Have you seen the kids these teams are tendering and drafting ? One of the kids in the league has been drafted by 3 different teams and tendered with 2 others in less then 3 years of the league being around. Islanders and Rangers being good next year ? One of the kids they tendered couldn’t even make All state in HS hockey forget about making a good U18 team. League must really want the Jr Bruins with the season high 7 Deco this year in league also ?

Anon
Haha put the bottle down buddy tell your kid to work harder so he can finally get out of a tier 3 league and into real junior hockey. Have you seen the kids these teams are tendering and drafting ? One of the kids in the league has been drafted by 3 different teams and tendered with 2 others in less then 3 years of the league being around. Islanders and Rangers being good next year ? One of the kids they tendered couldn’t even make All state in HS hockey forget about making a good U18 team. League must really want the Jr Bruins with the season high 7 Deco this year in league also ?

lol keep drinking the Gen's kool aid and go watch all there alums playing at umass boston....

Sick burn to the Generals!

I am sure they are real bummed about their high end D3 guys playing for a top 10 school. 3 kids at UMASS Boston is the entire team? Trinity, Colby, Conn, Skidmore, Babson etc, yeah terrible option for kids that don't make D1.

Loser troll.

Remember, there are plenty of USPHL alumni playing Club Hockey out there :laughing:

My nephew plays D1 lacrosse and club hockey.. loves it

And NCDC announces another Framingham state commit!

Anon
And NCDC announces another Framingham state commit!
I remember being a 21 year old Freshman at Framingham, bought for everyone and got tons of tail. Hockey sucked though.

Tons of tail? You mean fat commuter smoking goth chicks with daddy issues?

NCDC doing a great job pumping kids into the lower end D3 ranks like the States and Suffolk’s of the world.

Please stop comparing Gens wand NAHL with this crap league. Go talk to D1 college coaches. Not even on their radar for talent and most (not all) couldn’t survive main camp on most NAHL teams. Most couldn’t play u18 T1EHL or NAPHL.

Anon
Tons of tail? You mean fat commuter smoking goth chicks with daddy issues?

NCDC doing a great job pumping kids into the lower end D3 ranks like the States and Suffolk’s of the world.

Please stop comparing Gens wand NAHL with this crap league. Go talk to D1 college coaches. Not even on their radar for talent and most (not all) couldn’t survive main camp on most NAHL teams. Most couldn’t play u18 T1EHL or NAPHL.
Yeah I fought this last year as my son played NCDC. I was very wrong. It's a huge difference in level of play. NCDC was not even close to the same level of hockey and I didn't want to admit that all of last season. Anyone that tells you different is a clown

D1 lacrosse players do not play club hockey. If he does he's the 58th kid on a 57 man roster and they didn't notice when he didn't show up and they forgot to remove his name from the web site.

anon
D1 lacrosse players do not play club hockey. If he does he's the 58th kid on a 57 man roster and they didn't notice when he didn't show up and they forgot to remove his name from the web site.
Awe..why you mad bro

Mad? Calling out your bs makes me happy.

anon
But your wrong..sooooo.. your sad?

The Gens are Tier II. They are above every Tier III team out there. If they weren't, USA Hockey would have classified them as Tier III. Furthermore, the NCDC funds itself by overcharging players at the youth level. The Generals, Titans, and Knights have demonstrated an ability to fund themselves through advertising and ticket sales, and not one penny of their youth or Tier III teams goes toward their NAHL team. And that is a fact.

Anon
anon
But your wrong..sooooo.. your sad?
Nope, still not.

Anon

As I said, yes they are subsidized.

https://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/994945