Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NCDC Changes

Mad? Calling out your bs makes me happy.

anon
But your wrong..sooooo.. your sad?

The Gens are Tier II. They are above every Tier III team out there. If they weren't, USA Hockey would have classified them as Tier III. Furthermore, the NCDC funds itself by overcharging players at the youth level. The Generals, Titans, and Knights have demonstrated an ability to fund themselves through advertising and ticket sales, and not one penny of their youth or Tier III teams goes toward their NAHL team. And that is a fact.

Anon
anon
But your wrong..sooooo.. your sad?
Nope, still not.

Anon
You think USA Hockey shares money with teams? So what they write a check to the Generals? Hahahahaha.

Also the NAHL has no reason or need to do anything with the NCDC. Why would they? Different leagues, different models. Not saying NCDC is bad or NAHL is awesome but they are competing with each other. And it looks like the NAHL is winning so why would they join forces? On the other hand the NCDC has a model that works for some of the teams and they are still filling their youth and pay to play teams so why would they go away from that?

This post makes less than no sense.

As for teams adding other teams like the Generals adding full season teams. Of course profits will help offset NAHL losses. But if you think that will get them to a break even point alone you are crazy. From the signings I have seen online they are doing fine but they are only charging $8,500. That isn't going to make them rich.
As I said, yes they are subsidized.

https://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/994945