The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greed is a sin

USPHL now doing more and more "showcases", charging gate fees for family members to watch. What is really annoying is now some of these "showcases" are simply league games, not special events or tournaments that anyone scouts.
So a mom, dad, sister and grandparents wanting to watch are shaken down for $100 ($20/ea). That's more than I paid to watch my last AHL game.

Stop the madness and start doing the right thing.

Re: Greed is a sin

Same number of showcases, scouts and gate fees as the last two years.

And, lots of non-league teams play. So they aren't "simply league games." Not saying they're better or worse.

But, I will tell you, my kid moved from USPHL to EHL this year, it's a MUCH better run and marketed league. Way more focus on getting the best kids exposure to colleges. Coach and GM making way more phone calls on kids' behalf.

Do they charge a gate fee at D-III games?

Welcome to modern day hockey. It’s about owning Land Rover’s and Porsche’s first for the owners, hockey and the kids are second.

Anon
Welcome to modern day hockey. It’s about owning Land Rover’s and Porsche’s first for the owners, hockey and the kids are second.
If you HAD the ability to earn mid-six figures, would you run your life differently?

I'm sure all of these landscapers that are complaining are also donating their time/service to worthwhile endeavors.

If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

Cute. I am quite happy and satisfied with my portfolio. The other thing that makes me feel good is I actually pay taxes and don’t run an illegal cash hockey business. Apparently you are a supporter of tax evasion though???

What's an illegal cash hockey business? Sounds like you stumbled onto something serious. Might want to stay away and call the authorities.

Anon
Cute. I am quite happy and satisfied with my portfolio. The other thing that makes me feel good is I actually pay taxes and don’t run an illegal cash hockey business. Apparently you are a supporter of tax evasion though???
Please. There's a huge cash economy out there. Don't be so naive.