The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
This Club Hockey guy is a legit madman, but I can't hate on him. Guy shows hustle and effort even when faced with a losing argument. He is clearly headed to an insane asylum but god**** he is going down swinging.
Lets look at the facts:
1. He has a kid playing Club/Rec hockey in the south
2. He is on the dboard all day trying to promote club hockey and belittle DIII hockey
3. He is obsessed with making Club/Rec college hockey relevant and convincing people it is at or a step below DI and a step above DII
With those facts being undeniable, it is clear the following is true:
1. He spent a minimum of $3.5k a year x 10 years = $35,000 (Mite through midget) on youth hockey and then either public high school or prep (another $200k)
2. After said spend the boy received Zero D1 offers and Zero DIII interest.
3. His only option was to play Club/Rec hockey for 4 years at a party school in the south (god bless him)
3. The financial and familial investment have yielded no NCAA return on investment.
4. In hindsight he feels like a total buffoon and will spend as much time as necessary to belittle others experiences.
"club teams at BC, UMass, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver would walk all over most NE D3 programs."
My kid plays on one of those teams. Lots of pluses. He really enjoys it, perfect blend of school/sports for him, great bunch of guys, better level than he thought it would be..... but he will be first to tell you they would not compete with any NESCAC, Babson.... type team. Maybe they could hang with some of the lowest end D3's
There is nothing wrong with that
If a recent commit came to my practice as a squirt should I go on Twitter and congratulate him? Did I have an impact on his development?
Of course you had an impact. A tremendous one. He skated at that practice and realized that he had no future or prospect of development if he played with you and moved on. You probably did more for that kid than you realize. So thanks and congrats to you for being a bad coach !
BA land awfully quiet recently on commits and signing of NLI’s....