Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tier 3 Junior Hockey

Just waking up from TDay hangover and unless I’m misreading it last nights drunk poster was basically saying that EHL and USPHL Premier not good hockey....he’s correct. Thanks for the details on your guy though. Hopefully he cracks top 4 at some point. No dog in this fight, just think you are taking his post out of context and maybe a bit too personal.

Anon
Just waking up from TDay hangover and unless I’m misreading it last nights drunk poster was basically saying that EHL and USPHL Premier not good hockey....he’s correct. Thanks for the details on your guy though. Hopefully he cracks top 4 at some point. No dog in this fight, just think you are taking his post out of context and maybe a bit too personal.
Not taking it personally at all. I don't think it matters what you think or he thinks or I think of Tier III hockey. The schools my kid applied to take the bulk of their kids from EHL and USPHL Premier, so it only matters what they think. And I expect they know more about hockey than you do.

Since my son's goal is to play hockey at the school he chooses, it's the path that makes the most sense for him. He's happy, I'm happy, and we're all good.

Why you an others feel the need to put any league down is beyond me. Like I told him, go back to the Kiddie Board where you can pointlessly argue EHF vs. E9 in post after post with the other loser dads that don't yet realize how pointless it is.

Anon
My son is a senior in high school and midget age. He played all last spring and summer against these junior kids. skated circles around most of them. Way better hands and IQ. My son not a D1 candidate.

The only difference between him and most of these 20-year-olds is less maturity and physical strength and I haven’t greased the Junior programs owners pockets yet to have them pimp my kid around.

If you look at Babson, Stonehill and a few other local school options rosters the trend is going younger.

Your half-right. Babson won't take anyone out of high school, there a quality DIII program. But there is one league that plays "DII", no, it's not better than DIII, but they will take a lot of kids right our of HS and most preps. These schools are Stonehill, St. Anslem, St. Michaels, SNHU, Franklin Pierce, to name a few. I think the league is the NEC-10

FYI the kid from CM and Babson is a 99 double stay back not an 01

Wrong
01(check elite prospects)
Repeated 8th grade (NZ interview)

It's great how the Catholic schools convince these kids to repeat 8th grade. As if it's some sort of step up from a good public school - with removing half of the better students (Girls) from the classroom. :confused:

Ask daddy coach at CM what year his kid was born 1999 fact

Maybe his brother ?

NZ article:

CR loves a challenge, and he loves to compete.

The 2.75-star forward from Milton, Mass. has helped lead the resurgence of Catholic Memorial hockey the last few seasons. Now, he’s ready for the next step in his career and will enroll at Babson this fall, playing Division III college hockey as an 18-year-old freshman.

Don't forget the Rivers '00 Frosh. No juniors

Watched a NA3HL game recently. A good CC HS team would win by 5. Let it go boys. Time to grow up. It ain’t happening for you.

Never seen one. You joking right? Be serious.

There is a wide, wide, wide range in the quality of NA3HL teams. Extremely wide. To get a sense of how wide pull a few games up on Hockey TV and take in a period or two of games from across the league (nationwide). There are some teams that are extremely good, dang near Tier 2 level, and some that are so bad that a HS JV team would have no problem beating them. That is the problem with the NA3HL. They need to fold about 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams and consolidate the talent in the league. It would actually be legitimate Junior hockey if that was done. The way it is now though, ehh, buyer beware and know what you are signing up for.

Anon
There is a wide, wide, wide range in the quality of NA3HL teams. Extremely wide. To get a sense of how wide pull a few games up on Hockey TV and take in a period or two of games from across the league (nationwide). There are some teams that are extremely good, dang near Tier 2 level, and some that are so bad that a HS JV team would have no problem beating them. That is the problem with the NA3HL. They need to fold about 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams and consolidate the talent in the league. It would actually be legitimate Junior hockey if that was done. The way it is now though, ehh, buyer beware and know what you are signing up for.
It's the same in EHLP. Top half dozen teams are separated from the rest. Bottom five teams are horrible.

Problem is, everyone judges the leagues by the bottom teams.

Sad but some of the teams are cashing the checks when many of these kids have no chance even at marginal D-3.

anon
Sad but some of the teams are cashing the checks when many of these kids have no chance even at marginal D-3.
Ladder of Development!!

Sorry, not buying that one. League is very bad. Very, very bad. Riddled with kids who can’t make a HS team or even a U18s so play there.

Anon
Sorry, not buying that one. League is very bad. Very, very bad. Riddled with kids who can’t make a HS team or even a U18s so play there.
Exactly. D3 schools ??? Some kids on NA3 teams are not even good players on their local town high school teams.

Remember. No kid aspires to play tier 3 juniors. Just parents.

NE Knights have 02s and 01s that can’t make their public HS varsity team. Enough said.

Anon
NE Knights have 02s and 01s that can’t make their public HS varsity team. Enough said.
One team doesn't define the entire level.

It's like saying because a Trabant sucks all cars suck.

The NA3HL has taken heat in the past because of the NAHL policy regarding the requirements of drafting/tendering NA3HL players. It has been called "fake advancement" and a number of other things. I'm not going to debate the pros/cons of such policies. On one hand, I understand trying to promote from within, give a kid a shot and if he sticks, great, if not release him and move on. On the other hand, I can see how it artificially creates this "pathway" that gets marketed that does not really exist.

So it was very interesting to come across this regarding the NCDC and USPHL Premier:

"Plans are in place for the NCDC to take a page out of the NAHL-NA3HL relationship book for the 2020-21 season by requiring NCDC teams to draft and tender USPHL Premier players. Two rounds of the NCDC Entry Draft will be set aside solely for the selection of USPHL Premier Division players, while each NCDC team will be required to tender at least one USPHL Premier player."

I wonder if there will be an article on that one site about this?

So many responses, so little time.

NCDC...bad....Premier...really bad...

NA3HL.....wow...equivalent to u14 hockey with no skill. NE Knights? Funny. Keep writing checks to the Lovell’s you idiots. AWFUL hockey.

They have a few local Public HS cuts playing. TL and JL wrote the book on how to water down a brand and kill a business.

CLOWNS

Last year NA3 Milwaukee Power had a MN goalie on their team that didn’t even play hockey the previous season. He’s a sub 6’ 240 lb bad goalie. He played low level class A MN high school hockey 3 seasons ago and was bad. This is the perfect example of how a parents checkbook is more important the the kids hockey talent to make a NA3 roster.