Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U of Georgia to build 5,500 seat Ice Stadium -

Elmira, NY vs Athens, Ga. Ever been to Elmira, or Cortland, or Oswego? Try takin your high schooler to one of these towns for a campus tour in the dead of winter. I’ve/we’ve been to them all. If playing D 3 hockey is that important to your kid (more likely you) let them have at it and spend 4 miserable years in one of these crappy, dumpy towns in the middle of nothing, paying 50k+.
Honestly, outside of a handful of these D3 towns (Middlebury comes to mind) they have one thing in common-they all suck.

Anon
Elmira, NY vs Athens, Ga. Ever been to Elmira, or Cortland, or Oswego? Try takin your high schooler to one of these towns for a campus tour in the dead of winter. I’ve/we’ve been to them all. If playing D 3 hockey is that important to your kid (more likely you) let them have at it and spend 4 miserable years in one of these crappy, dumpy towns in the middle of nothing, paying 50k+.
Honestly, outside of a handful of these D3 towns (Middlebury comes to mind) they have one thing in common-they all suck.
Please go to the college rec / Club hockey dboard, they need you there.

We get it. Your kid got shut out of NCAA hockey after you spent 10s of thousands of dollars.

He was probably pretty good too. It just didn’t work out. It won’t work out for many people here, but please just go. You are acting like a lunatic.

Hahaha-hope your kid has a great 4 years in Norwich or whatever other dump of a school he ends up going to.

Anon
Hahaha-hope your kid has a great 4 years in Norwich or whatever other dump of a school he ends up going to.
You continue to show your absolute ignorance about both schools and hockey, I don't have a kid playing D3 (actually playing DI), but if he couldn't be playing DI, Norwich would be great place for both.

Anon
Anon
You continue to show your absolute ignorance about both schools and hockey, I don't have a kid playing D3 (actually playing DI), but if he couldn't be playing DI, Norwich would be great place for both.
Not to mention the number of really great D-I schools - for academics or for hockey - that are in places one would never describe as "garden spots."

I remember quite a bit from my undergrad and graduate school days. One thing I hardly recall is the weather.

My kid has zero desire to go to a school where he's taking English Comp 101 with 250 of his closest friends. Regardless of where he ends up going, regardless of whether he plays hockey or not, looking down on the quality of small schools is small-minded. Not for your kid? Great. Doesn't mean there aren't great choices.

Uh huh-yeah right. You’ve been to Norwich? We have, as well as all the other towns mentioned. I guess they’re nice if you happen to like being in the middle of nothing.

Congrats on your kid playing D1.

Anon
Uh huh-yeah right. You’ve been to Norwich? We have, as well as all the other towns mentioned. I guess they’re nice if you happen to like being in the middle of nothing.

Congrats on your kid playing intramural hockey in a big rink.

Anon

Again, you show your ignorance about top schools and top hockey programs.

This Bud Light is for you Mr. Bitter Dad, the guy who sent the kid to prep hockey because 'the hockey was so frickin' good,' and whose kid was 'almost good enough' to play D-I if it wasn't for the politics, paying the D-3 tuition bill to a school no one outside of the North East has ever heard of and sitting through marginal hockey the dad believes is 'almost as good as D-I,' in a cold ice box of a rink with no fans or even a concession stand to see his kid major in Communications and date some gem who shows up to every game with her cow bell she might as well be wearing. This Bud is for you.

This is a Junior & College hockey forum, Club hockey talk does not belong in here. Please refrain from cluttering up the board with your silliness.

I sent a message to the Admin to see if they can creat s spot for you and you 5 alias to talk bout the big Lousianna Tech v. Mississippi Regional Voacational College match-up this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

anon
This is a Junior & College hockey forum, Club hockey talk does not belong in here. Please refrain from cluttering up the board with your silliness.

I sent a message to the Admin to see if they can creat s spot for you and you 5 alias to talk bout the big Lousianna Tech v. Mississippi Regional Voacational College match-up this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

Hahaha, Club IS college hockey. You know, the games with the student actually attending the games.

anon
anon

Fingers crossed.

Hahaha, Club IS college hockey. You know, the games with the student actually attending the games.
Club hockey is not college hockey. It’s U22 beer league rec hockey

Anon
anon
anon

Fingers crossed.

Club hockey is not college hockey. It’s U22 beer league rec hockey
U-25. Some kids age out and THEN play NCHA.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't call it college hockey. its hockey in college, and yes, there is a difference.

Go watch a club game down South before you pretend having fans attend mean it's real. My kid had a coach with an extremely impressive Club hockey resume down South, Had no clue how to teach the breakout or even run a practice.