Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHL

This league puts out 150+ college commitments a year and will be the same this year. A lot of kids commit after the season as well, great league for d3 athletes

Anon
This league puts out 150+ college commitments a year and will be the same this year. A lot of kids commit after the season as well, great league for d3 athletes
The bulk of those commitments are to second tier D-III schools. My kid says it's because the 1999 birth year wasn't strong. We'll see. Something the league needs to be aware of, though, and make an effort to correct to be seen as a legit path. I don't want my kid at Becker or Assumption or Anna Maria or Albertus Magnus.

Why not? Where do you want your D3 player then?

Which D3 colleges (or conferences) offer the best hockey? The NESCAC schools? I've seen rankings online but they seem to be all over the place.

anon
Which D3 colleges (or conferences) offer the best hockey? The NESCAC schools? I've seen rankings online but they seem to be all over the place.
In the end, the decision is education first, hockey second. The hope is that he will attract notice form a school that is solid in both.

The thing that most people that look down their noses at D-III don't realize is, going D-III generally gives the athlete more of a say over where they want to go and what they want to study. Many D-I athletes are told what to major in.

Anon
anon
Which D3 colleges (or conferences) offer the best hockey? The NESCAC schools? I\'ve seen rankings online but they seem to be all over the place.
In the end, the decision is education first, hockey second. The hope is that he will attract notice form a school that is solid in both.

The thing that most people that look down their noses at D-III don't realize is, going D-III generally gives the athlete more of a say over where they want to go and what they want to study. Many D-I athletes are told what to major in.
My experience in dealing with DI hockey players is that they are not told what to major in, nor has my some ever told me that his teammates were told what to take as well.

Anon
Anon
anon
Which D3 colleges (or conferences) offer the best hockey? The NESCAC schools? I\\\'ve seen rankings online but they seem to be all over the place.

The thing that most people that look down their noses at D-III don\'t realize is, going D-III generally gives the athlete more of a say over where they want to go and what they want to study. Many D-I athletes are told what to major in.
My experience in dealing with DI hockey players is that they are not told what to major in, nor has my some ever told me that his teammates were told what to take as well.
True, but there are severe time restrictions that virtually prevent a DI player from taking up certain more challenging majors.

anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Which D3 colleges (or conferences) offer the best hockey? The NESCAC schools? I\\\\\\\'ve seen rankings online but they seem to be all over the place.

The thing that most people that look down their noses at D-III don\\\'t realize is, going D-III generally gives the athlete more of a say over where they want to go and what they want to study. Many D-I athletes are told what to major in.
True, but there are severe time restrictions that virtually prevent a DI player from taking up certain more challenging majors.
People here tend to think their personal experiences represent universal truths. And trying to explain otherwise doesn't resonate.